• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Level 80 Azumarill and they haven't beaten the game yet? Holy smokes. Everybody else is also pretty low leveled. I guess this game turned out to be much harder that the previous two.

Level 80 Azumarill and they haven't beaten the game yet? Holy smokes. Everybody else is also pretty low leveled. I guess this game turned out to be much harder that the previous two.

Azumarill didn't really become a powerhouse until XY, statistically speaking. No matter how much it levels up, its base stats mean it can handle some hurdles ingame, but a water-dominated region, lack of Huge Power and an Anarchy-driven moveset aren't doing it any favors. Its defensive ability, great typing and high base HP mean it's a walking "survive with 1HP because heart of the cards" machine, though. It's basically equivalent to starting with a respawning Pichu for a Nuzlocke challenge.

Looks like we're going back to the PC. We will never escape.

Nope, still safe for a little while yet.

And yay at democracy being back. Never particularly hated or liked it, but it added a dynamic that had become very closely associated with TPP for me, and without it it felt as though something was missing.

Hope we can get a better team thanks to it

Most of our party is still dead weight even with the evolutions. The bird in particular is terrible and hasn't gotten experience in forever.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
PROGRESS

6 minutes ago 13d 15h 28m [D] Mightyena is now mighty-er than ever: he learned Strength in place of Odor Sleuth. /u/WintherMaw
16 minutes ago 13d 15h 18m [D] Vileplume forgot Stun Spore and learned Sludge Bomb. /u/WintherMaw
27 minutes ago 13d 15h 7m [D] Tentacruel forgot Constrict and learned Ice Beam. /u/WintherMaw

Oh dear, it's raining again. And shining brightly again. And raining again. And shining brightly again.

Rayquaza probably took a nap while waiting for A.

Toxi

Banned
Fucking Democracy.
Honestly, since this is Emerald and not RuSa a level 100 Azumarrill could demolish the entire Elite Four by itself.
Probably not going to happen. Sidney and Glacia have several Pokemon resistant to Water, most of Drake and Wallace's team resist Water. Resisting Water is huge because M4 has horrible physical attack and there's no way we'll win just spamming Rollout. Phoebe has Pokemon immune to Rock Smash that can burn or curse M4, and Wallace has shit like Ludicolo that will murder us if it gets off a Leech Seed or Double Team.

The Elite 4 is going to be a horrible grind unless we can get some other strong Pokemon.

The Drought/Flood Music sounds pretty nice for music being played in a dire situation. Since I only had Ruby, I was subjected to this music while Groudon was wreaking havoc.....

Fucking Democracy.

Probably not going to happen. Sidney and Glacia have several Pokemon resistant to Water, most of Drake and Wallace's team resist Water. Resisting Water is huge because M4 has horrible physical attack and there's no way we'll win just spamming Rollout. Phoebe has Pokemon immune to Rock Smash that can burn or curse M4, and Wallace has shit like Ludicolo that will murder us if it gets off a Leech Seed or Double Team.

The Elite 4 is going to be a horrible grind unless we can get some other strong Pokemon.
Well adding all those HMs and TMs in democracy should help for everybody except useless xx.

PBalfredo

skw3S3A.jpg

Toxi

Banned
The weather trio are so cool. No matter your opinions on the rest of the Pokemon, Gen 3 go the legendaries so damn right.

Do you think we can try getting to Rayquaza with democracy?

Crayolan

Oh we're doing democracy again? Bye forever stream. I'd rather just go play Pokemon myself.

Emerald started so well :(

Undersea Cavern is on Rocket HQ levels and Sootopolis Gym is just straight up impossible without democracy. It was known before the start of Emerald it'd be coming back eventually, and it came back during the Undersea Cavern.

Considering the proximity of the time stamps I'm guessing we did this in democracy. I was all for going on a TM hunt, but using democracy to teach them is just lazy, I don't approve. I really wish streamer took away democracy right after we finished Undersea Cavern, we've had it for less than 24 hours and we're already abusing it. Hopefully it's gone permanently after Sootopolis Gym.

PBalfredo

Considering the proximity of the time stamps I'm guessing we did this in democracy. I was all for going on a TM hunt, but using democracy to teach them is just lazy, I don't approve. I really wish streamer took away democracy right after we finished Undersea Cavern, we've had it for less than 24 hours and we're already abusing it. Hopefully it's gone permanently after Sootopolis Gym.

Thousands of strangers collaborating together to achieve a single goal: lazy

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The weather trio are so cool. No matter your opinions on the rest of the Pokemon, Gen 3 go the legendaries so damn right.

Not worth it. The whining from anti-democracy people would be even more unbearable.

We should just focus on getting that 8th badge, and figure out how we can even survive against the E4. Marill alone won't cut it, and I'm not sure about the rest, even with their newly gained TMs.

Crayolan

The current democracy system doesn't allow for holding a button down, it inputs commands one at a time. In other words, getting up Sky Pillar is impossible for us, so no Rayquaza.

Thousands of strangers collaborating together to achieve a single goal: lazy

Using the easy method which takes a few minutes over the standard one which could take hours=lazy, yes.

PBalfredo

Not worth it. The whining from anti-democracy people would be even more unbearable.

We should just focus on getting that 8th badge, and figure out how we can even survive against the E4. Marill alone won't cut it, and I'm not sure about the rest, even with their newly gained TMs.

This may very well be our most painful Elite 4 yet, which is saying something. The difference in our team composition between runs with and mostly without democracy is staggering. I'm wondering which pokemon will rise to the challenge and assume a clutch role like Solid Snake did in Crystal.

Using the easy method which takes a few minutes over the standard one which could take hours=lazy, yes.

Anarchy had two weeks. Taking the reins to get something done in ten minute what couldn't be done in two weeks isn't laziness, it's getting shit done.

Crayolan

Anarchy had two weeks. Taking the reins to get something done in ten minute what couldn't be done in two weeks isn't laziness, it's getting shit done.

The problem is teaching these TMs is not required, we don't absolutely need to get this shit done, so there's no reason not to leave it to anarchy. We got the TMs in the bag, and with enough spamming in anarchy we would have eventually taught them. If we could teach like 5 or 6 HMs in anarchy in the past 2 weeks I don't see why we couldn't do a few TMs.

Fixed that for you.

Pretty much. It's not like they're HMs. And seriously, if you're that worried about it, you should set your own TPP up. If it was anarchy 100% of the time and we never could use democracy, I'd lose interest due to being unable to beat the game, but I wouldn't whine about it. I don't see why it's worth worrying and complaining about, especially when it involves insulting the majority of the chat.

Crayolan

Fixed that for you.

Which is better than using democracy to teach them. Which we're apparently doing again.

I guess this is what this run was missing, people raging over anarchy/democracy. #PCShuffle #KillTheTaintedMons

Pretty much. It's not like they're HMs. And seriously, if you're that worried about it, you should set your own TPP up. If it was anarchy 100% of the time and we never could use democracy, I'd lose interest due to being unable to beat the game, but I wouldn't whine about it. I don't see why it's worth worrying and complaining about, especially when it involves insulting the majority of the chat.

So you've lost interest in the last two weeks? And aside from Undersea Cavern and Sootopolis gym, we'd be able to beat the game without democracy.

Which is better than using democracy to teach them. Which we're apparently doing again.

I guess this is what this run was missing, people raging over anarchy/democracy. #PCShuffle #KillTheTaintedMons

So you've lost interest in the last two weeks? And aside from Undersea Cavern and Sootopolis gym, we'd be able to beat the game without democracy.

I have lost a lot of interest, but I mean I'd likely stop watching eventually since it's very likely impossible to beat without ever using democracy for the reasons you mentioned. I actually think we could have beaten the undersea cavern eventually in anarchy if it weren't for the down bots.

Edit: Also, I'm not necessarily pro-democracy, I'm just anti-anti-anarchy.

PBalfredo

Probably one of my favorite aspects of TPP is the shared experience of a community playing the one game. I really dig debating which starters to get, who we should try to catch, which operations to undertake, etc. even if they don't always work out. It means more when people are invested in making the run succeed. Anarchy related hijinks are fun (Masterball -> Goldeen), but if we're leaving everything up to pure anarchy all the time then it might as well be RNG Plays Pokemon at that point. So I like the occasional bout of democracy to refocus our strategy, use the PC in a non-cataclysmic manner, and maybe even let our poor pokemon finally evolve.

Top Bottom