• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I don't get why they're trying to brute force their way through the Elite 4 with only one viable Pokemon.

I mean, on their latest try, M4 got taken down by Curse on the second battle. Everyone else on the team should at least be 50 to be able to at least provide back up.

Toxi

Banned
Got banned again. Seems they auto-ban for all caps, even though you can call other people retarded and not get one.

I can't decide who are worse, the chat or the mods?
I don't get why they're trying to brute force their way through the Elite 4 with only one viable Pokemon.

I mean, on their latest try, M4 got taken down by Curse on the second battle. Everyone else on the team should at least be 50 to be able to at least provide back up.
They're doing it because they're too impatient to grind and the time limit spooked them.

Let's see.
Mightyena can sweep Phoebe minus the curses, which are dumb.
Graveler COULD be a physical tank if we timed him coming out better than against Siftry and Cacturne.
If Hariyama had a god fighting move, he could sweep Sidney
Vileplume, between Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb, could destroy wallace minus his gyrados
And Tentacruel can take Glacia down

The foundation is there, we just need to level up

Hariyama is screwed btw. His next moves are Endure, Seismic Throw, and Reversal

Crayolan

I really wish the streamer would remove democracy, it's just actively hurting us at this point. Instead of being focused on plans for the beating the E4 we're split over half which want to keep ramming their head into a brick wall with the help of democracy (or go for some risky democracy-driven plan to optimize our team) and half that want to train in Victory Road in anarchy. Unfortunately the majority is the stupid half who don't understand that 90% of exp in each E4 run goes to M4.

Got banned again. Seems they auto-ban for all caps, even though you can call other people retarded and not get one.

I can't decide who are worse, the chat or the mods?

There are no human mods, just a modbot. It bans for any All-Caps messages over 1 line long, and pretty much nothing else a normal person should be inputting in chat.

Kensuke

Let's see.
Mightyena can sweep Phoebe minus the curses, which are dumb.
Graveler COULD be a physical tank if we timed him coming out better than against Siftry and Cacturne.
If Hariyama had a god fighting move, he could sweep Sidney
Vileplume, between Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb, could destroy wallace minus his gyrados
And Tentacruel can take Glacia down

The foundation is there, we just need to level up

Hariyama is screwed btw. His next moves are Endure, Seismic Throw, and Reversal

I don't know, they would have to be lvl 60-70 each. That would require intense grinding. It took an hour just for Tentacruel to gain 2 levels. I don't know the solution though, maybe catch some more higher level pokemon.

kyo2004

I don't know, they would have to be lvl 60-70 each. That would require intense grinding. It took an hour just for Tentacruel to gain 2 levels. I don't know the solution though, maybe catch some more higher level pokemon.

Víctory Road only offers lv 38-42 pkms... The only viable option left is grind our actual party (apart of lv 100 M4) to lv50 at least...

PD: someone can explain me the difference with thick fat/huge power ability (apart from game description)? I started an Emerald game, 1st catch was a lv 5 Marril with Huge Power...

KiraFA37

Víctory Road only offers lv 38-42 pkms... The only viable option left is grind our actual party (apart of lv 100 M4) to lv50 at least...

PD: someone can explain me the difference with thick fat/huge power ability (apart from game description)? I started an Emerald game, 1st catch was a lv 5 Marril with Huge Power...

Thick Fat: reduces damage taken from fire and ice moves by 50%.
Huge Power: doubles the attack stat aka physical moves do twice as much damages.

I hope they are able to beat the E4 before Fire Red starts.

They just overwrote Tentacruels ice beam with hidden power... WHYYYYY?

Huge Power doubles the Pokemon's ATK stat.

Thick Fat halves the damage recieved from Ice and Fire type attacks.

Basically Huge Power makes Azumarill's attack stat usable while Thick Fat makes it a better tank against those two types it already resisted.

Shengar

Can someone explain to me why the fuck a fat sumo wrestler Pokemon learns Whirlwind?

Those hands, do you flapped it?
Yes, Hariyama use their hands to create whirlwind and other gust related move.
The fart explanation is preferable though lol

Helps describe chat
CeMSh9l.jpg

PBalfredo

Tentacruel and Graveler are gaining levels and are on the path to taking out wild pokemon quickly, which will just make grinding them even easier. Unfortunately Vileplum isn't leveling much and that's one of the types we need the most for the champion.

It's too bad Hariyama doesn't have any actual Fighting type moves. Those would be great againt Dark and Ice types.

Tentacruel and Graveler are gaining levels and are on the path to taking out wild pokemon quickly, which will just make grinding them even easier. Unfortunately Vileplum isn't leveling much and that's one of the types we need the most for the champion.

It's too bad Hariyama doesn't have any actual Fighting type moves. Those would be great againt Dark and Ice types.

Yeah. Medicham may have been better/may not have. It gets high jump kick and is much more powerful, but Hariyama is bulky while Medicham is as frail as a stick.

You can also argue tha its more useful to tank. Btw, thickfat or guts?

It sucks that we cant get Golem like we did Steelix. Could be amazing

Look to the past
As we head for the future
To reclaim the Digital world

With faith in ourselves
And trust in each other
We'll live by the lessons we've learned

As we work towards one solution
Through a spirit evolution
======================
I am the one!
HUUH!
I am the one!

Digimon!
Forever united as one
Digimon!
Together the battles are won
Digimon!
Through us let your spirit evolve

If we're all for one world
There's a world for us all

If we're all for one world
There's a world for us all
====================
Randomly listening to this theme spng, as realized its oddly fitting in this current crisis

Toxi

Banned
Why the fuck are we even trying to beat the Elite 4? We have zero chance of actually grinding on them with M4 in the party.

Hell, we can't even coordinate well enough to train our Pokemon on the Elite 4.

Why the fuck are we even trying to beat the Elite 4? We have zero chance of actually grinding on them with M4 in the party.

Hell, we can't even coordinate well enough to train our Pokemon on the Elite 4.

We were earlier/
In the Vicroty Road, we formulated a plan to just spam up+left over and over. Look at Tentacruel and Graverler's levels. We made progress. Problem before was chat was divided, operation pictured above united us all in grinding

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If you look at the logs you can see the rest of the team getting more XP on Victory Road than at E4. An E4 run takes too much time (because M4 can sweep for quite a while), for small chances of the others getting any kind of XP.

Top Bottom