• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Drake, I know what it is needed for us.
MOAR GRINDING

EDIT: We fucking healed.
Hol shi.
Only thing more unbelievable is when we max revived Brian in our 2nd Karen fight

Wow we have no PP for surf. If we can actually make it to Wallace every attack will be normal instead of Surf being not very effective damage.

No you're wrong, we need to use a potion during a fight we know we'll lose anyway.

No, we might actually have this

EDIT: So close. At 3 hp, on our 5th rollout, and Drake's final pokemon, a Salamence, outspeed us and kills with Flamethrower,

Whats worse is that we have tick fat and are water type

Toxi

Banned
Damn, we might actually have a chance of beating this after some grinding.

Edit: and of course, we go face the Elite 4 again instead. Fuk the chat or the trolls, whoever is trying to stop us from actually making progress.

Kirlia

Banned
There's no way we can beat Wallace with just M4. We absolutely must level the other party members, or at least Vileplume.

Articalys

So do you all think FireRed is going to reignite (no pun intended) interest in the stream again since it's back to Kanto, which holds the most nostalgia/familiarity?

Crayolan

So do you all think FireRed is going to reignite (no pun intended) interest in the stream again since it's back to Kanto, which holds the most nostalgia/familiarity?

I highly doubt TPP will ever return to anywhere near the levels of popularity it once had. It has become apparent that TPP was a fad, and after Red, the fad was over. Because it was a new and interesting idea during TPPR, it attracted a lot of people (even those who would usually be uninterested in Pokemon) quickly. And with more people there's more art, more lore, and more insanity in the stream itself which leads to even more people.

TPP hasn't gotten any less interesting than during Red, it just seems like it's dead for a lot of people because there's less art and lore solely due to less people being around to make it. All that's left is the hardcore fanbase that will always find TPP entertaining no matter the size of the fanbase, which turns out to be around 4-5k people. Sometimes it will rise due to people checking in occasionally and big events, but I wouldn't expect it to ever go over a consistent 10k again.

woen

M4 completely solo swept Sidney-Glacia-Drake-Wallace and still has ~20% of its hp left
Wow

Fixed.
I hope so

edit : 10 min to talk to the guy, M4 got paralyzed in less than 1 min. WELL DONE

edit 2 : M4 (half HP, paralyzed) managed to cut half Salamence's HP...and we whited out.

Fixed.
I hope so

edit : 10 min to talk to the guy, M4 got paralyzed in less than 1 min. WELL DONE

edit 2 : M4 (half HP, paralyzed) managed to cut half Salamence's HP...and we whited out.

M4 might be able to get to Wallace, and then we can try to use our other pokemon.

If only Iceberg bas level 50+, we could use him to wreck Wallace

Trey

I highly doubt TPP will ever return to anywhere near the levels of popularity it once had. It has become apparent that TPP was a fad, and after Red, the fad was over. Because it was a new and interesting idea during TPPR, it attracted a lot of people (even those who would usually be uninterested in Pokemon) quickly. And with more people there's more art, more lore, and more insanity in the stream itself which leads to even more people.

TPP hasn't gotten any less interesting than during Red, it just seems like it's dead for a lot of people because there's less art and lore solely due to less people being around to make it. All that's left is the hardcore fanbase that will always find TPP entertaining no matter the size of the fanbase, which turns out to be around 4-5k people. Sometimes it will rise due to people checking in occasionally and big events, but I wouldn't expect it to ever go over a consistent 10k again.

I wouldn't say it's a fad. But the execution errors, the lag, the lack of cohesion very much makes this kind of gaming a work in progress.

A new gaming niche has been premiered to the world in TPP. At least in my opinion.

Kensuke

The grinding is going pretty well. Tentacruel and Graveler are now decent. If we can get Vileplume to 50 we may actually stand a chance.

Hariyama Leveled up to LVL 44!

... and then promptly learnt Endure in place of Earthquake.

This is brilliant. I do wonder if they'll be able to beat the Elite 4 with the time limit...

Hariyama Leveled up to LVL 44!

... and then promptly learnt Endure in place of Earthquake.

This is brilliant. I do wonder if they'll be able to beat the Elite 4 with the time limit...

The time limit puts unnecessary pressure on this run. We just need to get everyone up to higher levels for better chance to survive, but we may not get the time to do so.

Mit-

I don't know what's going on with this.

He put a time limit on the Emerald run, and if you don't beat it in time he is ending the game and starting FireRed? Why the fuck would he do that?

woen

I don't know what's going on with this.

He put a time limit on the Emerald run, and if you don't beat it in time he is ending the game and starting FireRed? Why the fuck would he do that?

I still thinks it was an estimation of the time we might spend to finish the game. The streamer will most likely expend the time limit.

We should maybe try one of these ops :

Operation Bath (grinding our lvl 3x Pokemon deeper in the victory road) http://imgur.com/a/4nEIO

Operation Breaking some bricks (teaching Hariyama Brick Break, a really useful move) http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/22d7d5/operation_breaking_some_bricks/

But we are still trying to beat the E4 with Azu, and "grinding" M4 in the VC.

Kensuke

I'm curious, does anyone else find this Emerald playthrough significantly more boring than the past two? I almost want them to fail.

I think it had the best start of the three. The fan art was pretty incredible. It was very entertaining until we defeated Wattson. After that the team got reshuffled a bunch of times. Because of that a solid team with a good back-story never emerged. The later days of this run were very boring IMO.

All in all it was the opposite from the Crystal run. That run had a terrible start, but the finish was great. The Red run was consistently good.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm curious, does anyone else find this Emerald playthrough significantly more boring than the past two? I almost want them to fail.
I think this run has been pretty boring, but that might just be because I'm losing interest in TPP in general.

Plus the run itself just hasn't been very interesting to watch. Every time I turn on the stream, the entire team has been shuffled, with everyone besides M4 being hopelessly underleveled.

May also seems to aimlessly shuffle and press useless buttons a lot more often than in previous gens.

I think this run has been pretty boring, but that might just be because I'm losing interest in TPP in general.

Plus the run itself just hasn't been very interesting to watch. Every time I turn on the stream, the entire team has been shuffled, with everyone besides M4 being hopelessly underleveled.

May also seems to aimlessly shuffle and press useless buttons a lot more often than in previous gens.

I think a big part of that is the layout change. Requiring a lot more left/right input to access decent moves instead of the up/down of the previous 2 gens really screws things up a lot, especially since you can't cycle moves by hitting up or left.

Moves we can look forward to

5'7 Graveler- Level 2 Double Edge
King Doge/Migheyena- Level 37 Take Down, 42 Taunt, 47 Crunch, 52 Thief
Iceberg- Leve 44 Petal Dance (90 BP STAB WE'RE STUCK IN FOR 2-3 TURNS!!!)
Nice- Level 51 Seismic Toss, Level 55 Reversal

Top Bottom