• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Going for Brick Break I see. This could be either very good or very bad. Very good if we teach it to Hariyama and it sweeps Sidney. Very bad if it takes hours to get (we only have about a day left to beat this game) and we either toss it or teach it to the wrong pokemon.

Crayolan

I'm so proud to see the stream has FINALLY backtracked through victory road to train the weaker members of the team. And that they didn't even use democracy to do it. My hope in them possibly beating the time limit has been renewed, they just need to get Mightyena and Plume to the mid 40s and we should be set to start throwing ourselves at the E4 while actually gaining exp!

So our team is apparently still "none as of yet?"
Is it that bad?

No we have a set team now and won't be changing it.
Annie the Hariyama
Mighty Doge/Alpha Doge the Mightyena
Cabbage the White/Iceberg/President Plume the Vileplume
Graveler
Tentacruel
M4 the Azum4rill

I'm so proud to see the stream has FINALLY backtracked through victory road to train the weaker members of the team. And that they didn't even use democracy to do it. My hope in them possibly beating the time limit has been renewed, they just need to get Mightyena and Plume to the mid 40s and we should be set to start throwing ourselves at the E4 while actually gaining exp!

No we have a set team now and won't be changing it.
Annie the Hariyama
Mighty Doge/Alpha Doge the Mightyena
Cabbage the White/Iceberg/President Plume the Vileplume
5'7, the graveler about 2 feet and 4 inches too tall
Tentacruel ( We gave up naming this one)
M4 the Azum4rill

FTFY

Crayolan

Of course right after I say I'm proud of the stream they use democracy just to enter sootopolis and don't even revert back to anarchy once they accomplish their goal for like another 10 votes.

Of course right after I say I'm proud of the stream they use democracy just to enter sootopolis and don't even revert back to anarchy once they accomplish their goal for like another 10 votes.

Crystal run did much worse
Although that was disappointing
You just have to spam a

That seemed to be due to a lot of bots. I have to say that trying to use a TM in anarchy that we could easily toss is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

woen

We should head back to the E4 now, and try to teach the TM in democracy in 30 minutes. We could do some grinding too, and defeat the E4 when we have a much better team.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
oh crap. Democracy started, but so has the botnet. And the bots are using democracy to head to the PC.

oh crap. Democracy started, but so has the botnet. And the bots are using democracy to head to the PC.

I missed it while getting lunch. I'm glad that a different bot spammed anarchy to save the day/run. Honestly I think grinding the dog and vileplume will prove to be much more important than brick break itself, so if it never gets taught, it's not a huge deal.

Crayolan

So there was just a democracy botnet attack that took us from the center of Sootopolis back into the Pokecenter and 4 steps away from the PC. We only managed to get back into anarchy thanks to a counter anarchy botnet saving us near the end. I can only assume the demobots' goal is to release M4, and probably the rest of the team too. The bot attacks are getting really ridiculous now.

Kensuke

I missed it while getting lunch. I'm glad that a different bot spammed anarchy to save the day/run. Honestly I think grinding the dog and vileplume will prove to be much more important than brick break itself, so if it never gets taught, it's not a huge deal.

I doubt those two will get much training. They're just too underleveld.

Double edge might actually be worse than roar... we die before we can even get half a level. At least with roar, we either choose a better move, swap out a pokemon, or roar/run out of it.

I doubt those two will get much training. They're just too underleveld.

Iceberg would be boss against Wallace. HE isnt effected at all by Leech Seed OR Toxic, can wreck the waters minus Gyarados and Ludicolo with Giga Drain/Petal Dance (if he gets it), and can beat those two with Sludge Bomb.

Sigh
With his Toxic and Leech Seed immunity, he would be the best partner for Zexinja against Wallace. Iceberg get half the team, Zexinja the other half

Toxi

Banned
Why the fuck are we here? Victory Road is gonna take hours.
So there was just a democracy botnet attack that took us from the center of Sootopolis back into the Pokecenter and 4 steps away from the PC. We only managed to get back into anarchy thanks to a counter anarchy botnet saving us near the end. I can only assume the demobots' goal is to release M4, and probably the rest of the team too. The bot attacks are getting really ridiculous now.
It's funny how the streamer has basically ruined Emerald with the combination of democracy and that time limit.

I have zero interest in randomized FireRed now.

Seems its half bots half chat
At least a a majority chat is trying to prevent the Brick Break overwrite by spamming down at certain cues

EDIT: you can tell for sre now, chat is spamming down to get to endure, bits overwhelmed but trying up for brick break
EDIT2: Thank god, Endure was replaced

Crayolan

qPXBSoO.png

HOLY SHIT WE FOUND A SHINY.....but we had no balls. Before anyone asks, yes, I am 100% sure it's shiny. I didn't get it in the screenshot but it had the shiny sparkle at the start of the battle.

Ezalc

I'm curious, does anyone else find this Emerald playthrough significantly more boring than the past two? I almost want them to fail.

The team in Crystal was awesome, this time it's just really boring with Azumarill being the only constant.

I haven't seen almost any fanart this time around though.

woen

Well we are trapped between Sootopolis and the Victory Road.

I hope the streamer will expand the time limit.

It would be cool to ban the bots too...

Well we are trapped between Sootopolis and the Victory Road.

I hope the streamer will expand the time limit :eek:

I hope he's faking, because the tim limit is uniting the chat and making us move along quickly as we grind

This E4 grinding has been the best across any generation

This is amazing
http://imgur.com/a/yswIF
Also has poison heal, and considering one of our greatest enemies was poison....

EDIT: You want art, I'll give you art

bZq0oju.png

Don't now how I feel about this

IyKZL28.png
TZRv4WA.gif

Gqq5jUF.jpg
9XB8s4W.png

Sidney's team
e67.gif

WgaGFHV.gif

Crap, just realized the alternative A=happy playful girl nor the A team police theme/lore was never posted or discussed here

EDIT2: We are in Victory Road, I repeat, the future is here, and we will reach it through VR.

Time to get the E4
Iceberg and Alpha Doge still need the VR grinding crutches
At least Annie can feed of the corpses of Sidney's pokemon now

woen

We'll die in the victory road. Even democracy can't save us. And I don't know if our team could even beat the E4+Wallace.

Since Annie has Brick Break, wouldn't she also be useful against Glacia, since Ice is weak to Fighting?

And it looks like Tentacruel is pretty much a viable team member as of Lv. 59. All we need to do now is level up Iceberg and then we can maybe have a fighting chance against the E4 before the randomizer run.

We'll die in the victory road. Even democracy can't save us. And I don't know if our team could even beat the E4+Wallace.

How is that going to happen with a Level 59 Tentacruel with a bunch of water moves that are decent/good and a full health M4?

Democracy is killing us, because its become a bot-tatorship
You must BELIEVE. For if we give up now, there will never be any hope again. This is a time to become our most determined and push onwards

Since Annie has Brick Break, wouldn't she also be useful against Glacia, since Ice is weak to Fighting?

And it looks like Tentacruel is pretty much a viable team member as of Lv. 59. All we need to do now is level up Iceberg and then we can maybe have a fighting chance against the E4 before the randomizer run.

Annie also has Thick Fat
putsoninsane/excitedsmile

We just need to get her past Phoebe, which will be tough cbecause she first and the plan is to keep her there to sweep Sidney

woen

We have more chance than before the Brick Break operation, but still, it will be really difficult, especially if we can't coordinate.

How is that going to happen with a Level 59 Tentacruel with a bunch of water moves that are decent/good and a full health M4?

die = we won't get out of the VC before the end of the timer

PBalfredo

Hopefully it would be like this and not complete ragequit mode
[image snipped]

This "operation" is dumb. Fighting the Elite 4 has always been the hypest part of TPP. Fighting Red was the hypest part of Crystal. Overcoming seemingly impossible challenges is the heart of TPP. Not wandering around Mauville City aimlessly until the end comes.

This "operation" is dumb. Fighting the Elite 4 has always been the hypest part of TPP. Fighting Red was the hypest part of Crystal. Overcoming seemingly impossible challenges is the heart of TPP. Not wandering around Mauville City aimlessly until the end comes.

I know, I know
I realize this
Im jusy hoping we will react calmly and happily about this

Oh hey, Winterfang is finally back, although I dont think he can reclaim his temporary crown

Top Bottom