• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Chat decided it was easier to go face E4 with red health Tentacruel and ~70% health M4.

They forgot all the other times we did something similar
This will take a while

This is the run guys. I can almost taste that Hall of Fame.

Maybe not
But THIS is the run where the true E4 runs begin
20 hours is a trivial amount of time when the whole of the chat unites
Thee may come a day where TPP can not defeat the E4
tumblr_m5gocyhkco1rxc156o1_400.gif

IT BEGINS

... I just realized, 5/6ths of our team are female. That's kind of impressive, considering how rare doing that is.

Alpha Male Doge isn't doing to hot though at this time, all things considered

93679-street-fighter-ii-special-champion-edition-genesis-screenshot.gif

Now
Its time to break some bricks

EDIT: WE DID IT. WE GOT PAST THAT SHIFTRY WITH NO DAMAGE OR CASULTIES
1386826055894.gif

Oh crap, what did Absol KO with, Aeral Ace?

Crayolan

Guys, I've realized something. In Emerald, our first obstacle was the clock that our damn mother forced us to set. And now in the end, our final obstacle is once again, the clock. You know what this means right? If we don't beat Wallace by the end of the countdown
RSE remakes are cancelled.

Well... we started out fine at least. We really don't have anything to deal with Phoebe and her ghastly gang of ghosts... minus Alpha Dog. And he's too low a level to handle that.

Toxi

Banned
It hit neutral against Glalie, so it's electtric.
Ice isn't resistant to Grass, it's just resistant to Ice.

One of the reasons Ice such a shitty type. Gamefreak really hates Ice.

Also, a Hidden Power that hits Water supereffective is FUCKING AMAZING luck on this run.

Screw Rollout misses and Body Slam paralysis
At least team overall seems to have vastly improved this time around. I suspect Annie will become a powerhouse by the end of this because of Sidney

Toxi

Banned
Wow, our team has really improved. We're finally at the point that we can actually possibly win through attrition.

Wow, our team has really improved. We're finally at the point that we can actually possibly win through attrition.

Why the fuck are we even trying to beat the Elite 4? We have zero chance of actually grinding on them with M4 in the party.

Hell, we can't even coordinate well enough to train our Pokemon on the Elite 4.

Why the fuck are we here? Victory Road is gonna take hours.

It's funny how the streamer has basically ruined Emerald with the combination of democracy and that time limit.

I have zero interest in randomized FireRed now.

image.php

If we could restore our party at least after Glacia, then we could definitely win. But pulling off a potion (hyper or otherwise), is difficult for TPP. Also... isn't one of our Pokemon holding a Full Restore?

I was wondering what they were doing, but switching Rollout to first slot actually does make sense. Anything for a smoother run I guess... if they pull this off.

I hate it when you're right.

Watch as I become an ardent watcher of randomized Firered thanks to a stunning finish at the last second.

It will be nice to be guaranteed one other regular
I hope we'll still have a couple of regulars by that point
A bunch of people have disappeared from TPP, even some of the most ardent followers. Just look and compare TTP OT2's wall of shame and the current one

Oh well, I know ll still be here

EDIT: Think I just saw Crayolan's name in the chat
Yup definitely saw him this time

Toxi

Banned
Surf #1 wouldn't be a better solution ?
Surf is really good against Sidney (despite his resistances, his Pokemon have horrible special defense) and Phoebe. Glacia has a weakness to Rock and Drake and Wallace have a resistance to Water.

It will be nice to be guaranteed one other regular
I hope we'll still have a couple of regulars by that point
A bunch of people have disappeared from TPP, even some of the most ardent followers. Just look and compare TTP OT2's wall of shame and the current one

Oh well, I know ll still be here
I'm not much of a regular anymore, but I am checking up on the stream as much as possible.

Surf is really good against Sidney (despite his resistances, his Pokemon have horrible special defense) and Phoebe. Glacia has a weakness to Rock and Drake and Wallace have a resistance to Water.

I'm not much of a regular anymore, but I am checking up on the stream as much as possible.

Sidney is taken care of by Annie though. Phoebe you have a point

So yeah, Rollout is better

Oh, and I said that because you were talking as if you would become a major regular again in the randomized FireRed run
Btw, we going to get a new thread for that? If so, who's doing it?

People saying Annie shouldn't be in slot 1 because of Mightyena's intimidate. Yet they forget that it almost always uses swagger which would up our attack :/

Toxi

Banned
I love how out of Sidney's Pokemon, it's fucking Shiftry that keeps getting us.
I'm never losing this avatar, am I?

People saying Annie shouldn't be in slot 1 because of Mightyena's intimidate. Yet they forget that it almost always uses swagger which would up our attack :/
They also forget that Sidney's Pokemon have horrible defense and a STAB super-effective fighting move from base 120 attack is going to atomize them even at -1 attack.

God

Eat a dick Shiftry

Or an Earthquake

It's sad how high level 5'7 graveler i, because he doesnt really ahve any advantageous matchups in the E4, and he cant become a Golem. Metal Gear had an unfair advantage

I love how out of Sidney's Pokemon, it's fucking Shiftry that keeps getting us.

I'm never losing this avatar, am I?

They also forget that Sidney's Pokemon have horrible defense and a STAB super-effective fighting move from base 120 attack is going to atomize them even at -1 attack.

Wait, what about my response=you eating crow?
Seriously, though, any likely candidates for next

EDIT: Lol, why am I doing this

WANTED:
image.php

Orayn
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100755383&postcount=1
Reason: Created OT1

WANTED:
image.php

_hekk05
Last seen: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105481679&postcount=1807
Reason: Created OT2 & 3

Wanted:
image.php

Crab
Last Seen: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106098698&postcount=3254
Reason: Created current OT

Spring break=too much time

Crayolan

Sidney is taken care of by Annie though. Phoebe you have a point

So yeah, Rollout is better

Oh, and I said that because you were talking as if you would become a major regular again in the randomized FireRed run
Btw, we going to get a new thread for that? If so, who's doing it?

I could make the thread if we beat Emerald within the time limit. I don't wanna bother before then though because we don't know for sure what happens the clock hits zero.

woen

Damn it, Glacia didn't killed us...and we have a 22hp M4. The next 15 minutes we'll try to launch Drake's battle, what a waste of time.

edit : nevermind, it took lees than 1 minute, I'm doomed.

hekk gave me the avatar.

Nah, it's easier if we just throw ourselves against the Elite 4 with Tentacruel, Hariyama, and Azumarill. Vileplume is a lost cause unless you're seriously considering grinding with this little time on the clock.

Oh yeah

Is this a permanent avatar bet?
Because your spider one was pretty good
completely taunting you on purpose

Good point, just sort of sad considering how good Iceberg's moves are

Top Bottom