• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, I love this fanart.

9XB8s4W.png

woen

Thanks to trolls, we just used a max potion in democracy to restore 2/3 of......Vileplume's HP, instead of M4.

Doomed, we are doomed.

woen

They just used a potion to heal M4 in the E4 during democracy......

I'll be back for when we try a legitimate E4 run.

I don't understand people claiming that using potion in democracy is not legitimate and "killed the run".

We're dead btw.

Crayolan

I don't understand people claiming that using potion in democracy is not legitimate and "killed the run".

We're dead btw.

Ahahahaha already? So we didn't even beat Drake? How does that even happen?

And for why using democracy "kills the run", it's cause it's taking the easy way out. I like seeing us overcome challenges through the randomness of anarchy, but democracy ruins that.

In Gen 1 we only resorted to democracy for PC use and impossible situations. In Gen 2 we abused democracy a ton more using it for just about everything except cheating our way through battles. But now in gen 3, after going through 7 gyms in pure anarchy, we can't even end on a high note and have to resort to democracy healing in battle to beat the E4, something we've never done before.

The insane part for me is how people are okay with this. If this was Red people would be furious. Hell, they were furious just for us using democracy to get into Giovanni's Gym once. I guess this is different now though, people don't care and just want to see the game beat. If we beat the E4 with democracy healing I can't consider it an actual victory. Even if we don't beat the game by the time limit and it does end abruptly, at least we can say we tried. If we use democracy to win, we can't even say that, just that we cheated our way through the easy way. Maybe that's why I hate democracy, there's no sense of accomplishment in using it.

Recall

Watching the stream, it always just comes down to twitch delay and whether or not the stream can overcome the trolls, which are always in full force.

Also you can see which users are just scripts or bots quite clearly, they use the same timing intervals so are generally bunched together on the input feed.

I don't think Emerald will be completed in time at all.

Toxi

Banned
Emerald would probably be completed in time if there wasn't a visible time limit.

It's the equivalent of a visible exp. bar for evolution.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Ahahahaha already? So we didn't even beat Drake? How does that even happen?

And for why using democracy "kills the run", it's cause it's taking the easy way out. I like seeing us overcome challenges through the randomness of anarchy, but democracy ruins that.

In Gen 1 we only resorted to democracy for PC use and impossible situations. In Gen 2 we abused democracy a ton more using it for just about everything except cheating our way through battles. But now in gen 3, after going through 7 gyms in pure anarchy, we can't even end on a high note and have to resort to democracy healing in battle to beat the E4, something we've never done before.

The insane part for me is how people are okay with this. If this was Red people would be furious. Hell, they were furious just for us using democracy to get into Giovanni's Gym once. I guess this is different now though, people don't care and just want to see the game beat. If we beat the E4 with democracy healing I can't consider it an actual victory. Even if we don't beat the game by the time limit and it does end abruptly, at least we can say we tried. If we use democracy to win, we can't even say that, just that we cheated our way through the easy way. Maybe that's why I hate democracy, there's no sense of accomplishment in using it.

Time limit

This was apparently the second shiny they met during the Emerald run. Which is exactly as many shinies as I met. In 13 years. Across 8 games and 5 generations.

;_;
No it's the second shiny overall after the one in crystal. Considering the ridiculous account if his they've put in so far, it's nut that unlikely that they'd have seen 2 by now.

PBalfredo

If we can get Tentacruel to start spamming HP grass/elec, we can do this.

Edit: Do we still have potions? Restoring M4 from 5% health right before Wallace could be clutch!

CassSept

I have to say they killed a surprising amount of Wallace's Pokemon, given they only had Tentacruel and Azumarrill at 5% HP.

Top Bottom