• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two dead in street race - influenced by NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidviper

Banned
Jeez I swear to god people should rob banks with a copy of GTA in their pocket. The CSI guys would have to finish GTA to solve the crime.

acidviper said:
Jeez I swear to god people should rob banks with a copy of GTA in their pocket. The CSI guys would have to finish GTA to solve the crime.

Just like the episode on CSI:Miami when that happened?

Phoenix

“I don’t think it’s a giant leap for people to say, `Wow, how does this go together?’ ”

Actually it DOES take a giant leap. Unless they were actually playing the game in the car, how could you even stitch together that they were connected. People street race all the time and many of them don't even play NFS. What else was in the car? If I get into an accident tonight will someone try to blame Maxim because I had a copy of Maxim on the backseat? Will the blame the game development industry because I have a copy of Game Developer Magazine on the front seat?

People do die because they do things that increase their risk of death without it being the fault of something else!

Ned Flanders said:
“He was working to... reunite his family in Canada, and lived the Canadian dream,” Bell said.

There's a "Canadian dream"??

That's what I was thinking. The Star needs to cut back on the melodrama.

123rl

I feel sorry for family of the innocent guy they killed. If they're stupid enough to street race then fuck 'em. They deserve to die because they put other people at risk and that resulted in an innocent victim dying. But of course that will be ignored and they'll be portrayed by Thompson or some other amoral idiot as the victims as he sues EA and Sony for making the game

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ned Flanders said:
“He was working to... reunite his family in Canada, and lived the Canadian dream,” Bell said.

There's a "Canadian dream"??

Yeah, winning the Stanley Cup

Though I blame this more on the parents, why don't they put a tighter leash around their kids. Sucks about the taxi driver though, he turned out to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

GSG Flash

123rl said:
I feel sorry for family of the innocent guy they killed. If they're stupid enough to street race then fuck 'em. They deserve to die because they put other people at risk and that resulted in an innocent victim dying. But of course that will be ignored and they'll be portrayed by Thompson or some other amoral idiot as the victims as he sues EA and Sony for making the game

I agree with this post

lexy

GSG Flash said:
Though I blame this more on the parents, why don't they put a tighter leash around their kids. Sucks about the taxi driver though, he turned out to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Tighter leash?" What does that mean? They were 18 years old. IIRC, in Canada, when you are 18 you are considered an adult.

GSG Flash

lexy said:
"Tighter leash?" What does that mean? They were 18 years old. IIRC, in Canada, when you are 18 you are considered an adult.

Oh I didn't know they were 18

Shapingo

Why did they have to make prevalent that the taxi driver was an immigrant?!?

"Two teens accused of racing luxury cars on city streets before crashing into a taxi and killing its immigrant driver may have been influenced by a popular video game, police said today."

Thai

Bane was better.
wow, i hope they get life-sentence, especially the guy who fled the scene! but knowing the canadian legal system, they'll probably get a slap on the wrist at most.

Phoenix

Shapingo said:

"Two teens accused of racing luxury cars on city streets before crashing into a taxi and killing its immigrant driver may have been influenced by a popular video game, police said today."

Increase empathy for the victim and more readily demonize the teens.

darscot

Shapingo said:

It's all part of the Canadian Dream line there trying to spin. It's common journalism their trying to give the victim a face. Some guy that left his homeland to get a new start..yada..yada..yada. It really has nothing to do with race it's just an attempt to identify. If he had been white and a Fireman they would have ran with the Fireman bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom