• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
MrAngryFace said:
I dont think some of you understand my stance on moderation. I dont care about trolls.
Obviously.

The point you (with a moderator tag) fail to comprehend is that as a MODERATOR you guys COLLECTIVELY set a really, really, really, really, really bad example for others to follow.

While this is clear as day, it is either purposeful or ignored? My hunch is purposeful.

And with that comes the state of the forum. It's very strange, especially when you post complaints and pointless rants about the forum members and lack of good discussion.

But ultimately it's not even a big deal, 'cause this is a forum of zealots - not real life. It could disappear and in 3 months noone would really care. Nothing missed - nothing useful that can't be replaced :)

Limedust

Musashi Wins! said:
what is your awesome avatar from?

I think I pulled it from a magazine ad for BMW or Mercedes or something... can't remember. It had those giant books in the background with the Crow standing at the edge, and I thought it looked pretty cool, and it kind of hints at how much I like to read.

Bad example? Why must this forum be and example of everything good and pure. Some of the best discussions take place with a little bit of wiggle room.

We arent your parents. If you need a good example go to church. Second, im not even a moderator :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
MrAngryFace said:
Simply put, the moderation 'team' aka 'random collection of people that rub elbows together and play stupid word games in #GA' has done a horrible job actually moderating the forum. They spend too much time worrying about appearing 'fair' on a PRIVATE FORUM instead of actually moderating the forum with any consistancy.

You'll excuse me if I find it humorous that this is coming from you. I'm just thinking back is all....

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
dem said:
Enjoy Bell Woods - Shut the fuck up. Nothing but an annoying thread derailing prick. Get a new hobby. Music really isnt that important.

:lol :lol :lol Very well said

YES! I am a hypocrite! That's what I do! You arent the first to discover it, or the first to comment on it Darien. Its not some stunning revelation. U SO CLEVAR!

miyuru

MAF you should take your own fucking advice, Jesus Christ...

So far you've started posting way less, which is a step in the right direction :lol

EDIT: Why are you hating on Darien? You're the one who replied above that saying we were avoiding your point. You are a fucking hypocrite, why don't you just admit it and actually moderate this forum?

There's this saying - nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. Chew on that.

EDIT 2: You're not a mod..?

My bad :lol

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
MrAngryFace said:
Bad example? Why must this forum be and example of everything good and pure. Some of the best discussions take place with a little bit of wiggle room.

We arent your parents. If you need a good example go to church. Second, im not even a moderator :p
Well it says "moderator" under your name and in the past many of us recall you were a moderator or whatever it was called.

Who said the forum had to be "good and pure"? Talk about an illogical jump.

"Most of you are too new to remember the forum being a good place for discussion". Yet you contribute to this significantly and proudly :)

Not a knock, just a reality check.

I'm sure you're an OK guy in "the real world" but I personally find your forum persona & posts boring and avoidable, but the fanboy carnage it creates for some reason cannot be ignored :D

Still any real moderator would have removed your account, and that of any "moderator" not acting with common sense long ago :)

PS - jinx was ill-equipped for being a "moderator".

Why you guys cant get over my entire internet persona being a giant hypocritical lie is beyond my understanding. Especially since Jinx is dogpiled for investing too much.

edited for TYPOS

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
MrAngryFace said:
Why you guys cant get over my entire internet persona being a giant hypocritical lie is beyond my understand. Especially since Jinx is dogpiled for investing too much.
mostly 'cause it's a huuuuuuuge waste of time (and annoying in that people fail to realize this).

digest the fact that you actually spend time and energy being a "hypocritical lie"

:D

DarienA

MrAngryFace said:
YES! I am a hypocrite! That's what I do! You arent the first to discover it, or the first to comment on it Darien. Its not some stunning revelation. U SO CLEVAR!

F off MAF I wasn't trying to be clever my comment is that I simply find a call for fair moderation coming from you to be incredibly ironic, and considering the source most folk won't take it... or you seriously.

You know what I hate?

I hate when long time forum posters go in to "old folks home remember the good old days" rants.

Shit doesn't stay the same... deal with it, and remember it fondly.

miyuru

Haha I'm not even upset anymore, I like MAF again :lol

Honestly though, I find it funny how people like Jinx (I'm assuming here) let GAF take over their lives. He was a good guy, don't get me wrong, but I mean, it's like he's a martyr for GAF.

Get some fresh air :p

bah. I remember when the forum was a good place to discuss games (I must've been here in 98 or so).

Trolls have found politically correct ways to pimp their agendas and piss off their "enemies." I say forget the letter of the law and start banning on gut feel.

MC Safety

MrAngryFace said:
Why you guys cant get over my entire internet persona being a giant hypocritical lie is beyond my understanding. Especially since Jinx is dogpiled for investing too much.

edited for TYPOS

So you're just playing at being an asshat?

Ah, I just wanted to say "asshat." I don't even know anything about you.

DarienA

Ignatz Mouse said:
bah. I remember when the forum was a good place to discuss games (I must've been here in 98 or so).

Trolls have found politically correct ways to pimp their agendas and piss off their "enemies." I say forget the letter of the law and start banning on gut feel.

:lol :lol

That f*cker is up to something.. I just KNOW it... <banned>

I guess I need to choose a poster that annoys me... let's see.. Shompola or jarrod... Shompola or jarrod... decisions.. decisions.... I'm gonna have to go with jarrod by a landslide.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I don't hate anyone here, there are some people who rub me the wrong way when it comes to certain single posts, but that seems to come with the subject matter.

I've pretty much given up on the gaming forum, partly because by the time I get into a topic that interests me, what I was thinking has already been said, and partly because it gives me a headache to read most of the threads in there.

Alyssa annoys me for some reason. I don't know why, and nothing against you, but you just do. Maybe because you are the polar opposite type of girl than I am. Either way, you seem nice enough, and intelligent, but your posts tend to grate on me.

Demi has always been nice to me, I'm surprised to see how many people hate on him.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck to you jinx, I hope everything works out for you.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
MrAngryFace said:
Man, 98-00 WERE the golden years. its all fucking over now.
Yup, Marty's debating PS2 jaggies with *** and his steadfast refusal to see them :lol

What glorious game discussions :D

shuri

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Man, 98-00 WERE the golden years. its all fucking over now.
You were part of the problem with your HAHA I LIKE DIABLO or whatever random game threads that had no substance. Had you never been a real life friend with someone powerful here, you would be a distant memory, a footnote in this forum. Your act is based on the fact that you had so much leeway. The forums started going to shit when your started that act. Notice how people are coming out today against you.

It might be sign. I don't like being a jerk to people online, but stop acting like a half-god. Maybe the whole internet personality worshipping thing got to you with time

Naked: No, YOURE part of the problem for not fucking liking diablo as much as the rest of us. As for 'people coming out against me'. Its always happened, nothing new.

AirBrian

muncheese said:
Semantics.

Fuckers that try to use semantics as a way out of an argument. Semant this: Fuck you!
AlteredBeast said:
is semant even a word?
muncheese said:
Probably not.

=(

Fucker.
:lol :lol

But I gotta agree with muncheese. It's so annoying when someone posts something implying a particular stance, but after being called-out on it, comes back with the, "But I never said that..." If you're wrong, act like a man and admit it instead of being a little bitch about it.

cloudwalking said:
Alyssa annoys me for some reason. I don't know why, and nothing against you, but you just do. Maybe because you are the polar opposite type of girl than I am.

Don't worry, her eyebrows annoy me too.

im sure alyssa would annoy alot of girls. :lol

She flaunts her sluttitude. Not calling her a slut tho but you knwo what i mean. :p

I already summed up why I hate her.

BTW, I really hate that Alysaa Dujor chick. Her whole I am women hear me roar/I'm so open about my sex/sexuality even though no one cares/me and Tomme Hu$tle fucked posts are really annoying.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I don't hate anybody but some people are really ANAL (see Manabyte). And some people shouldn't post in the political/religious thread because they are arguing important matters as they would argue about video games.

MAF is right. Mods should be more eloquent/controversial/funny (I like my mods with opinions and a good sense of humors).

Nintendo fans : I'm a Nintendo fans and i can't stand you, guys, anymore. STFU.

Even if I was one of the original guy to post daily sale chart from Japan. Who cares about SALES NUMBER ANYMORE and DAILY CHART IN PARTICULAR ???

The day I posted the megaton scan from the japanese mag is probably one of the greatest day of my life :lol

And nobody hates my little feature (Milhouse's quote of the day) and some people actually ask me about it and want some more. YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY :p but thanks

There are lots of people I like (see Shuri/johnTv and other)

Movie & Music >>>>> Video games ( Video games are pure entertainment/money. Most of them have no other goal than giving 12-35 male a boner/cheap thrill)

ps : There is probably a lot of english mistakes. Sorry :D

I'd like to add that I really don't appreciate people who can't resist throwing in little condescending digs in to what would otherwise be a civilized debate. Stuff like "...and you should really read this beforehand before posting and sounding like an idiot" or "Uh...you never heard of that? LOL" is worthless and only serves to foster ill-will and escalations of nastiness. Are these people so insecure that they feel the need to belittle someone who was nothing but civil to them?

damn, i was gonna say something along those lines. now i have no choice but to hate you. (kidding)
what i hate about this forum is that some people dont have enough of a sense of humor, others take it too serious enough or are drama queens when someone disagrees with them. others are way too anal about little things. we arent here to "win" argumenst, just to exchange ideas man.

Red Scarlet

cloudwalking said:
Demi has always been nice to me, I'm surprised to see how many people hate on him.

It's a ploy on his part. He's like that with me too. DON'T BE FOOLED by demi!

I haven't really read Alyssa's posts, only some. Kinda annoying, but so am I.

Milhouse31 said:
And nobody hates my little feature (Milhouse's quote of the day) and some people actually ask me about it and want some more. YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY :p but thanks

what's this?

ToxicAdam

Look at all the Alyssa hate.

It really should come as no surprise from a forum full of virgins,that they would despise a sexually active female.

john tv

I think it's really fascinating how quick people are to jump on a free opportunity to spew hate. I mean, 700 replies in just two days...that's nothing to scoff at. Give everyone the same opportunity to say nice things in a "love" thread, and the thing disappears off the front page in a matter of hours.

I also find it interesting that even some of the nicest posters on the forum still made it a point to drop in here and say something negative about someone or something.

I'm not criticizing anyone or passing any judgments, BTW. I just find this all really, really interesting, is all.

john tv said:
I think it's really fascinating how quick people are to jump on a free opportunity to spew hate. I mean, 700 replies in just two days...that's nothing to scoff at. Give everyone the same opportunity to say nice things in a "love" thread, and the thing disappears off the front page in a matter of hours.

I also find it interesting that even some of the nicest posters on the forum still made it a point to drop in here and say something negative about someone or something.

I'm not criticizing anyone or passing any judgments, BTW. I just find this all really, really interesting, is all.

it seems like it's human nature. sad but true.

Yes, good observation! *nod nod**scribbles on clipboard and rubs chin*

We're all jerks. Chances are if you post here, youre a jerk. Nothing interesting about it.

kablooey

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Everyone seems to have something they're venting about, even those that don't normally say much. I don't usually get pissed off to the point of ranting about, but that's because I usually just ignore the things that're likely to get under my skin. So I guess it is healthy to be able to let out some steam here.

On the other hand, we don't need the love thread. That's what the Post Your Picture thread is for. :p Well, that and shameless flirting.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
john tv said:

I added some "love" in mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom