• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
in short, yes there will always be a madman who is capable of gaining access to guns. But why are we sitting here making it so easy for them?

We have no cursory knowledge of how easy it was for this guy to gain a pistol.

He could be a normal person with zero mental health history and was never flagged for anything that would make him dangerous.

We cannot say how easy it was if we don't know anything about the guy except for him being fired.

pxleyes

Banned
It's probably going to come out that this dude was a seemingly sane and rational person with no prior convictions (parking tickets maybe) that was pushed over the edge by some emotional event such as getting fired.

He would have never been flagged as dangerous when he bought the gun.

Perfectly 'normal' humans can be driven to crazy shit like this when something effects their mental state, the only way to stop them from shooting people is to not let them get guns period, and that is an untenable position as it's in the US Constitution.

If you're literally living in fear of guns to the point it's affecting your life, it might be time to consider emigrating to a gun-free country.

This is coming from someone living in the UK.

No, it is an Amendment to the Constitutions. Amendments can and have been repealed in the past.

It's probably going to come out that this dude was a seemingly sane and rational person with no prior convictions (parking tickets maybe) that was pushed over the edge by some emotional event such as getting fired.

He would have never been flagged as dangerous when he bought the gun.

Perfectly 'normal' humans can be driven to crazy shit like this when something effects their mental state, the only way to stop them from shooting people is to not let them get guns period, and that is an untenable position as it's in the US Constitution.

You do realize...that amendments can be changed...right?

Amendment - Noun

-a change in the words or meaning of a law or document (such as a constitution)​

-the act or process of changing the words or meaning of a law or document : the act or process of amending something​

Regarding mental state constantly fluctuating, that can be mitigated by yearly mandatory mental health checks in order to maintain a license to owning a gun.

UH. Vester Flanagan went by the name Bryce Williams, the account is tweeting right now:

https://twitter.com/bryce_williams7

@bryce_williams7 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Alison made racist comments

@bryce_williams7 2m2 minutes ago
EEOC report filed

@bryce_williams7 1m1 minute ago
They hired her after that???

@bryce_williams7 37s38 seconds ago
Adam went to hr on me after working with me one time!!!

@bryce_williams7 18s19 seconds ago
I filmed the shooting see Facebook

holy fuck

Here is a pic of the alleged shooter and victims. From Twitter.

jeb8VHW.jpg

this is bullshit. That is not the camera man

zaryn

Ok.That first person video linked from that twitter account is too fucked up. I can't take this story anymore. It gets worse by the minute.

UH. Vester Flanagan went by the name Bryce Williams, the account is tweeting right now:

https://twitter.com/bryce_williams7

@bryce_williams7 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Alison made racist comments

@bryce_williams7 2m2 minutes ago
EEOC report filed

@bryce_williams7 1m1 minute ago
They hired her after that???

@bryce_williams7 37s38 seconds ago
Adam went to hr on me after working with me one time!!!

@bryce_williams7 18s19 seconds ago
I filmed the shooting see Facebook

Yo wtf at that video..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom