• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I am genuinely curious about how the shooter will be profiled before i make any assumptions.

This is absolutely horrible.

KingGondo

Banned
That video is fucked up. If having that loop on the news doesn't get this country to wake up on guns nothing will
Nothing will.

It's easy to rationalize this stuff for the anti-gun regulation crowd.

"That guy was a lone maniac."

"What about better mental healthcare?"

"If only the victims had been armed..."

TheJollyCorner said:
Mental health is also a massive problem. There are a lot of problems in this country, but a cheeky little "just another day in MURICA" comment like that when two young people get murdered just doing their job is tasteless, IMO.
I find it tasteless that shit like this keeps on happening.

marrec

Banned
"Bu...bu...but you shouldn't politicize such a senseless tragedy!"

Guys is too early to talk about a potential cause and solution to the ridiculous amount of senseless gun violence in America. Lets just wait until the NEXT tragedy unfolds.

Terrifying turn of events... I hope the woman who was being interviewed survives.

That's terrifying! This occurred about 3 hours away from my home, but it still feels too close for comfort.

My condolences to their friends and family. I hope they stop this guy, and soon.

I'm about a half hour's drive away.

Watched the video before anything was confirmed, didn't see the shooter in the video until much later. Now I've got the unfortunate burden of having the video on repeat in my mind.

Kabouter

Yep... if they were engaged it sounds like perhaps possible an ex BF or a stalker. Obviously just guessing here and nothing confirmed but my gut feeling is that. Seems so random if not..

Just horrible..

I don't think they were engaged to each other. The studio stream seems to suggest the woman was romantically involved with an on air host, and the man was engaged with a producer at the TV station.

Jonm1010

Banned
Nothing will.

It's easy to rationalize this stuff for the anti-gun regulation crowd.

"That guy was a lone maniac."

"What about better mental healthcare?"

"If only the victims had been armed..."

I find it tasteless that shit like this keeps on happening.

Mental healthcare is my favorite.

Because it's typically the same conservatives saying it that simultaneously want to cut Medicaid, unravel Obamacare and will never be on board with UHC. It's all window dressing to deflect long enough to go back to apathy.

Future

Guys is too early to talk about a potential cause and solution to the ridiculous amount of senseless gun violence in America. Lets just wait until the NEXT tragedy unfolds.

Terrifying turn of events... I hope the woman who was being interviewed survives.

Well it might be nice to wait until we find out, you know, literally any info on the gunman.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't think they were engaged to each other. The studio stream seems to suggest the woman was romantically involved with an on air host, and the man was engaged with a producer at the TV station.

Worst thing is that it was his last day at work :(

antonz

Bunch of assholes in this thread. You wanna debate the politics of it all. make a thread for it. All you people are doing is causing a massive derail.

I can see this thread got politicized fast.

Antonz is right, this is fucking shameful behavior. There is a time and place for talk about the right to bear arms in the US, AND IT ISN'T 15 MINUTES AFTER A TRAGEDY LIKE THIS.

Bunch of assholes in this thread. You wanna debate the politics of it all. make a thread for it. All you people are doing is causing a massive derail.

It's not like people here really care about the lives lost. They're more interested in how it fits into their agenda.

RIP.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, the reporter in the studio was stunned. I'm surprised she was able to say "We don't know what happened" so calmly.

JQWKzwm.png

Just about the only thing that could possibly stop the NRA. Live shootings for all your kids to see! Ahh, fuck that JFK and all. NRA wins again.

RIP. Sorry our country sucks.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

It's not like people here really care about the lives lost. They're more interested in how it fits into their agenda.

RIP.

And this is how any debate on gun violence usually gets shut down in America. With that said I hope they find this guy quick.

Daffy Duck

Awful news, have Mashable pulled the video?

It seems to just be an awfully annoying website which freezes Firefox and just a load of images.

Just seen the video.....that's some cold ass shit......

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 12m12 minutes ago
We didn't share this publicly, but @AParkerWDBJ7 and I were very much in love. We just moved in together. I am numb.

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 11m11 minutes ago
We were together almost nine months. It was the best nine months of our lives. We wanted to get married.We just celebrated her 24th birthday

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 9m9 minutes ago
She was the most radiant woman I ever met. And for some reason she loved me back. She loved her family, her parents and her brother.

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 7m7 minutes ago
I am comforted by everyone at @WDBJ7. We are a family. She worked with Adam every day. They were a team. I am heartbroken for his fiancee.

https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom