• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this doesn't become a thing the occurs a lot, since I'm out filming a lot. Luckily the area I work in is pretty safe.

Don't tweet or FB the video. A lot of people have autoplay turned on.

Kabouter

Saw the video, what the fuck :/. Terrible event this :(. Hope they catch the psychopath who did this and bring him to justice.

chadskin

ShawnRTV6: How Alison Parker & Adam Ward should be remembered instead of the horrific video [via New York Daily News] http://t.co/KoNjJOqr7k
CNVkENWUwAAT1nc.jpg

https://twitter.com/shawnrtv6/status/636525109268881408

Zoned

Actively hates charity
That's what happens when you give killing machine to any lunatic. Nothing is gonna change until the fuckin second amendment is changed.

Zaph

According to the live stream, one of the victim's fiancée is a producer at the station, so there's a chance he was watching as it happened. Just horrific.

Ihyll

What are the odds of an armed psychopath roaming a water park on a Wednesday at 6am in the morning?

Seems like this was not just a random attack, sounds like they were targeted and knew they were going to be conducting an interview in that spot, at that time

''If you slow it down you see what could possibly be the gunman''

He's pointing a gun! media is careful about the strangest things

Slayven

Its called Bridgewater Plaza, its off a really popular lake in the area that has a ton of different attractions and things for people.

I think it's like resort thing: http://www.bridgewaterplaza.com/

I wonder if them being engaged has anything to do with this shooting. Given that the witness wasn't killed makes me believe it might be an ex of the woman or something.

Looking at the pictures, doesn't seem like the type of place for people to just wander into. I wonder if it was a disgruntled employee?

amanset

I assume the woman being interviewed lived as she's not mentioned in any of the articles.

Hopefully they catch this guy quickly, rip to the victims.

The livestream has confirmed that she is OK, which really makes it sound (to me) like they were targeted.

What are the odds of an armed psychopath roaming a water park on a Wednesday morning at 6am in the morning?

Seems like this was not just a random attack, sounds like they were targeted and knew they were going to be conducting an interview in that spot, at that time
This is what I'm thinking. Seemed way too deliberate. Guy appeared calm too. At least from the short screen grab avalaible.

Couleurs

That video is fucked up. If having that loop on the news doesn't get this country to wake up on guns nothing will

Yeah right, just remember a bunch of kindergarteners were slaughtered and the only thing that came out of it was "durrr maybe teachers should have guns".

E the Shaggy

That video is fucked up. If having that loop on the news doesn't get this country to wake up on guns nothing will

If Sandy Hook didn't change anything, to the point where people believe that it was a fucking conspiracy and didn't happen, nothing will.

We're the only first-world country where gun violence is such a massive problem. It's always worthy of discussion.

Mental health is also a massive problem. There are a lot of problems in this country, but a cheeky little "just another day in MURICA" comment like that when two young people get murdered just doing their job is tasteless, IMO.

U2NUMB

The livestream has confirmed that she is OK, which really makes it sound (to me) like they were targeted.

Yep... if they were engaged it sounds like perhaps possible an ex BF or a stalker. Obviously just guessing here and nothing confirmed but my gut feeling is that. Seems so random if not..

Just horrible..

EDIT: Confirmed they were not dating each other... so who the hell knows.

mhayes86

That's terrifying! This occurred about 3 hours away from my home, but it still feels too close for comfort.

My condolences to their friends and family. I hope they stop this guy, and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom