• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Tr4nce

Kritz said:
Okay, I've played this game for about 20 hours now (still on chapter 1 - doing every single sidequest I see), and I've come to one single conclusion:

This game is an asshole simulator.

Two Worlds II is a game that was made around the idea of, "what if the main character was an asshole".

Did the main character also forget to spoiler tag the spoilers when placing a comment about a videogame on a forum?

Kritz said:
And every fucking lock is a master lock now. Like, the game went from always giving me super simple locks, to every single lock in the game being a master lock in every single house, sidequest and camp I can find.

You will still find basic locks, no matter your level - also, if you're having trouble with the lockpicking mini-game, you can always hit the lock with your weapon and most of the time it'll unlock straight away (there was a glitch where you could put your weapon away and kick the lock and it'd open every single time, but they patched it out).

orion434

Why did they have to make your Single-player character different then your multi-player character? I forgot how much Archers sucked in the beginning... and I played the Adventure solo and nearly got overwhelmed by wolves. And why do you have to complete each chapter in 1 sitting, sometimes shit happens and I have things to do.

jkanownik

I take back everything nice I said about the game. Chapters 3&4 were a joke compared to 1&2. The end boss is bad bad bad. Absolutely terrible. Worst I can remember since Conan and it is definitely worse than that. The I ran into a string of crap:

• The level 40 achievement glitched on me because I passed level 40 on the final boss
  • I tried the sailboat and the wind was blowing against the shore. 10 minutes of my life wasted
  • I then tried swimming to unexplored areas I assume I was supposed to used to use the boat to get to. After 10 minutes of swimming and 10 minutes of exploring I realized I had just wasted my time because there was nothing there
  • I went to finish up quests and realized a crapload of quests are glitched and I can't finish two of the guilds
  • I fell through the floor and lost the personal teleporter I placed in the area I swam to along with the majority of the grind I went through to try and gain another level

I'm done with single player and will no longer recommend this game to anyone.

orion434

jkanownik said:
[*]The level 40 achievement glitched on me because I passed level 40 on the final boss

I read about this glitch and made sure I reached lv 40 before entering the final area. I hate crap like this and made 25 or so save files.

methos75

Banned
Kritz said:
I thought TW2 didn't level scale?

Because I'm doing the main mission where you go into this mummy tomb thing to murder everything to go to a fang tower or something (wasn't really paying attention?) and I'm level 26. This shit is fuckin WHACK. Like, it's not hard, but holy shit these enemies have a lot of health. These fucking stone motherfuckers be stabbing me like nobody's business.

And every fucking lock is a master lock now. Like, the game went from always giving me super simple locks, to every single lock in the game being a master lock in every single house, sidequest and camp I can find. It HAS to be scaling at least the loot.

But, yeah. Before even attempting the main quest I have done... just about every sidequest the game has given me. In the past 5 hours I went to the magic and town bulletin board and took every single quest, activated them, and went on a treasure hunt of murder and revenge and indifference. Every single enemy was a one hit kill due to overlevelling myself so much. I have a sweet two handed sword and mad points into every single melee stat that I'm just going apeshit spinning around in circles with my sword and killing motherfuckers.

And it's like, main quest, what the fuck. I hope you're level scaling because people would be FUCKED if they weren't the best at everything like Capitan Asshole is.

24 hours played. Only just started Chapter 1's main quest. Game is as amazing as it is the worst thing in the world.

No level scale, the key is to use the right weapon, Stone guardians are no match for a hammer and goes through them like butter.

rayner said:
I read about this glitch and made sure I reached lv 40 before entering the final area. I hate crap like this and made 25 or so save files.
I can't find anything on this glitch, can you elaborate?

orion434

Neuromancer said:
I can't find anything on this glitch, can you elaborate?

Basically if you are on lv 39 while battling the final boss and are very close to reaching lv 40 when you defeat the boss you will level to lv 41, the game will not recognize that you reached lv 40 because you went straight to lv 41.

rayner said:
Basically if you are on lv 39 while battling the final boss and are very close to reaching lv 40 when you defeat the boss you will level to lv 41, the game will not recognize that you reached lv 40 because you went straight to lv 41.
Is that the cap or something?

orion434

Neuromancer said:

I don't know what the level cap is, but if you are not exactly lv 40 the Achievement will not unlock. I got 1/2 way to lv 42 by the time I was finished with single-player

jkanownik

Neuromancer said:

There are level 46 weapons, so it definitely isn't the cap. Although it effectively acts as a cap for me because the majority of higher level enemies don't carry weapons/armor. It makes leveling painful for my melee character.

Hawk269

TheExodu5 said:
I can confirm that SLI does not work with this game. :(

Shame, as my GTX 570 doesn't quite manage a smooth 60fps at max settings.

My 580 doesnt do it either, well at least in DX10 mode which causes it to crash. For some reason, the GTX-580 has some issues with DX10 games as many people on the official forums have stated. Basically, I could play for about 20-30min before it goes to a black screen. I tested this to ensure with my GTX460 that I also have as a phyx card and ran it as my primary to test DX10 and I was able ot play for 2 hours wihtout issues.

For some reason, the drivers are a little finicky with DX10 and the 580. DX11 is fine as I played an hour or so of Dirt 2 and played about an hours of Metro 2033 as well. But, when I go DX10, which Two Worlds 2 supports and imho looks a bit better than DX9, it crashes.

But even so, it is a shame that even with the top of the line graphics card available, I cannot get a smooth 60fps all the time. For the most part it is, but there is some chug especially in the indoor enviroments.

JoeBoy101

TheExodu5 said:
I can confirm that SLI does not work with this game. :(

Shame, as my GTX 570 doesn't quite manage a smooth 60fps at max settings.

Given that, Fedex willing, my 570 will be chomping on this tonight, what kind of FPS are you seeing?

Hawk269 said:
My 580 doesnt do it either, well at least in DX10 mode which causes it to crash. For some reason, the GTX-580 has some issues with DX10 games as many people on the official forums have stated...

But even so, it is a shame that even with the top of the line graphics card available, I cannot get a smooth 60fps all the time. For the most part it is, but there is some chug especially in the indoor enviroments.
Bummer. I just got my new PC with 580 SLI set up and I was looking to grab this in the next couple of days. Not a dealbreaker but I'm disappointed I won't be able to count on getting top performance in it.

Hawk269

Union Carbine said:
Bummer. I just got my new PC with 580 SLI set up and I was looking to grab this in the next couple of days. Not a dealbreaker but I'm disappointed I won't be able to count on getting top performance in it.

It still runs good, but use DX9 mode, which I get solid 60FPS and it looks gorgeous. DX10 looks better, some argue not much, but I think the textures and shadows looks better, plus the DX10 allows you to go to 4xAA in-game, forcing through dirvers dont work.

But even then, DX9 is still looks fantastic and runs butter smooth. Disable SLI for this game though since SLI actually cuts performance with this game..at least until an official SLI profile is released.

Hawk269 said:
It still runs good, but use DX9 mode, which I get solid 60FPS and it looks gorgeous. DX10 looks better, some argue not much, but I think the textures and shadows looks better, plus the DX10 allows you to go to 4xAA in-game, forcing through dirvers dont work.

But even then, DX9 is still looks fantastic and runs butter smooth. Disable SLI for this game though since SLI actually cuts performance with this game..at least until an official SLI profile is released.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a go once I pick up the game.

I gotta say, I am having a blast playing the online co-op in this game, much better than I expected! Enjoying the single player as well! I think the crafting system really makes this game

BeeDog

For the PC users, a new patch (v1.2) has been released:

http://www.twoworlds2.com/en/downloads.html

1.2 patch fixes:
----------------------
- Mana Shield potion duration was reduced to match the spell's duration,
- Torch display name bug has been fixed,
- Torch graphic bug when using two weapons has been fixed,
- Several terrain issues were fixed,
- DX10 lights have been improved,
- Hero animations are now preloaded on PC for better performance,
- Quest Log filtering has been added (hides solved and failed quests),
- A bug with David's quest in Ashos has been fixed,
- Summons' level has been capped to hero level (both SP and MP),
- Camera work after performing Finish Off has been improved,
- Environment sound issues have been fixed,
- Velroy's Key now properly opens gate in "What's behind that door?",
- Shopkeeprs won't talk too much anymore,
- The problem with being stuck in Vahkmaar Castle after finishing the main plot has been fixed,
- Several questlog issues have been fixed,
- Village shops now properly generate items,
- "The Lion" membership card bug has been fixed,
- Fixed displaying negative Aura values in "drop Auras to chest" menu,
- Removed possibility of cloning items in village chest,
- Removed possibility of cloning or loosing items in town trading,
- Fixed animation of Counter Strike when using shield,
- Fixed strength of "Super Jump" spell for lower levels,
- Added the possibility to make multiple alchemy potions at the same time,

Solo

JoeBoy101 said:
Given that, Fedex willing, my 570 will be chomping on this tonight, what kind of FPS are you seeing?

Everything on max in DX9 mode w/ V-sync I see locked 60 FPS. Everything on max in DX10 mode w/ V-Sync I see variable 30-60 FPS.

Joe Molotov

BeeDog said:
For the PC users, a new patch (v1.2) has been released:
- Quest Log filtering has been added (hides solved and failed quests)
- Added the possibility to make multiple alchemy potions at the same time

http://www.twoworlds2.com/en/downloads.html

Steam downloaded a patch earlier today, but no patch notes went up. But later I was checking my quest log and I was like "Hey, this wasn't there before." Makes it a lot easier to view your active quests instead of having 100 completed quests listed too. Then I was making some potions and thinking "Man, it what I wouldn't give to be able to make multiple potions instead of doing them one at a time....oh wait, now I can!"

FoeHammer

Digging the game for the most part. This has to be the most improved sequel I've ever played, but that shouldn't have been hard considering the first was one of the worst RPG's I ever played.

Chapter 1 rocked my socks, but 2 has started off pretty slowly. I hope it picks up but I'm keeping the faith as I've enjoyed most everything so far.

TheExodu5

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:

I'd say 45-65 fps. Hovers very close to 60 for the most part.

The game doesn't natively support triple buffering either, so you'll need to use d3doverrider, assuming it still works with new drives...haven't tried it yet.

methos75

Banned
Starting to hate the game now due to crappy design. I get the ship so what do I do, I head North to the big Island and I get there, and fucking rock cliffs around the island block me from going anywhere on it. What BS. And secondly, I run around for an hour on its beaches and nearby woods I can reach, and not one enemy. WTF

methos75 said:
Starting to hate the game now due to crappy design. I get the ship so what do I do, I head North to the big Island and I get there, and fucking rock cliffs around the island block me from going anywhere on it. What BS. And secondly, I run around for an hour on its beaches and nearby woods I can reach, and not one enemy. WTF

Yeah, you can't access the interior of the 3rd island by sea and a lot of the coastline is mostly uninhabited, but there's still a lot of enemies to kill, good loot to be had and some nice places to explore out there that makes sailing worthwhile - I wrote a mini-guide to sailing that details the places I've found so far;

Sailing mini-guide

Joe Molotov said:
I just got lucky in this game. Sweet.

You won at dice! :D

Speaking of dice, is there the classic "7 or 11" rules anywhere in the world? Me and my buddies play by those rules and it'd be cool if the game had them.

green_focus

-> Velroy's Key now properly opens gate in "What's behind that door?"

I'm guessing that is for new games. I just tried it with my level 40 epilogue character and the door is still locked.

Cassara was crazy hard for me. I got through it (barely) and hoped that more of the middle continent would open up, but after sailing around the island with only a couple of settlements to find, I feel a little disappointed, that's two hours I won't get back.

Joe Molotov

green_focus said:
-> Velroy's Key now properly opens gate in "What's behind that door?"

I'm guessing that is for new games. I just tried it with my level 40 epilogue character and the door is still locked.

I tried it and couldn't get in either. I kept thinking that maybe there was some future sidequest you needed to do that would send you to cave and let you open it, but I guess it really is just glitched.

Kritz

Banned
Tr4nce said:
Did the main character also forget to spoiler tag the spoilers when placing a comment about a videogame on a forum?

Listen, I'm as spoiler sensitive as any other guy. The reason I didn't spoiler tag anything in all that shit is as follows:

1. I was intentionally really vague when describing situations.
2. The missions I described are almost entirely optional ones.
3. The story and experiences from those missions will not be diminished from knowing them before hand.
4. The fucking plot in this game is the worst video game plot ever created and anyone who cares about anything in this game is objectively so far beyond incorrect they'd be in constant shock and awe each time they manage to draw breath and have probably already died of a heart attack because they didn't realise that every 12 hours or so the sky goes dark.
5. Spoiler tags should be reserved for actual spoilers to a game so that people don't become accustomed to highlighting every single post because they think a witty joke might be behind them or some trivial shitty bit of information that they're mildly curious about, only to find they've now highlighted the endgame boss, the ten plot twists leading up to that point and that your character is now the demons.

But if it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry you now know there is a mentally disabled guy in this game and the monkey quest is fucked up, and I promise I won't talk about quest details any more in this thread, and I'll try to keep my assholery to a minimum.

----

I like that this game doesn't autoscale. I'm on chapter 2 now and it's nice to go back to fights actually being a challenge instead of everything being a one hit kill. I have to admit I might have fatigued myself though as the moment chapter 2 started I went around and gathered every sidequest I could and now looking at my quest log I'm kind of all, "well... shit."

Ricker

Neuromancer said:
We need this on the 360. Goddamn, people, shut the hell up!

``Water,Air,Fire,Cold,..Water,Air,Fire,Air,water,Fire....`` so annoying if you play a Mage in Adventure mode lol....I also read that Village Mode,or any mode online is now called Dupe mode lol...

orion434

Are there any Chests to open in Adventure mode? I've gotten to Chapter III and only found 3 chests to open, I need some successful lock-pickin' to get some Skill Points!!!

Hawk269 said:
My 580 doesnt do it either, well at least in DX10 mode which causes it to crash. For some reason, the GTX-580 has some issues with DX10 games as many people on the official forums have stated.
I've run the game for a couple of hours now in DX10 with my GTX-580 SLI without any crashes. Granted it's just the beginning of the game but everything's been smooth and running at about 60FPS. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Really impressed with it so far. About 5 hours into the PC version playing with a 360 controller.

Goddamn is it a rare treat playing a PC RPG that looks great, doesn't run like shit and doesn't need to load every 10 seconds. Everything just feels snappy, and super respectful of my time.

I love The Witcher (also trying to finish that up, currently slogging through Chapter 2), but what a fucking time waster that game is.

methos75

Banned
This game has went from pure gold in my book to pure shit, why you ask? Well its because I have just gotten to the end boss, who is by far the most ill designed, frustrating piece of shit I have seen this gen, and the game just breaks in this battle. No issue throughout my entire 37 hours of game time control wise, until I get to this boss where the controls just fall apart. need too sprint to avoid an attack, good luck, lets sneak instead. Surrounded my two enemies while being blasted cheaply by the boss, and need a potion. Prepare to jam on R1 about fifty times first. Worst yet, the way you must defeat the boss made my 37 hours of grinding and leveling up a complete waste. Good job idiots.

Anyone know where I can find a Quick Draw skillbook? It's the only archery skill I don't have and it seems like it'd be the most useful, so of course it's nowhere to be seen.

methos75

Banned
Is most of the third island just completely closed to exploring? beat the game and still cannot acccess it. Lame as hell. Why even show it, if you cannot go anywhere on it?

Dresden

So I got this for free today--360 version, dude thought it was shit and just gave me the game.

Is the console version that bad?

edit: this is pretty awful. I'll buy it for the PC if I really want to play it. >.>

Dresden said:
So I got this for free today--360 version, dude thought it was shit and just gave me the game.

Is the console version that bad?

edit: this is pretty awful. I'll buy it for the PC if I really want to play it. >.>
I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. My sister would love it.

Top Bottom