• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Joe Molotov

Very funny guys on that Rune Stone quest.

After running around the world picking all four of those freaking rocks, you get jack crap for doing it, not even any (or at least very much) XP. Okay, so it wasn't as annoying as the 10 archpriest tombs (which kinda made me wanna die), but that blind bastard could have at least given me a discount. If you could kill him, I would have.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just finished the game last night. The game really nose dives after Ch 3 (which is pretty short itself) the plot twist would have been a perfect mid game climax for the second half, but its like TopWare said fuck it, I'm done. So finishing chapter 2, I still had some side quests I hadn't done yet, but figured I'd be able to get some more levels exploring the main island.....only to find out after I
killed Cassara
that you don't get to explore the main island... fuck. Its still a good game, but it went from one of my early favorites of the year to kinda meh. Too bad

Does anyone have a link to the PS3 update/patch file for download? I'm not connected to PSN anymore but you can do updates via a USB drive right?

guess the US version is fully patched right off the disc.

methos75

Banned
Oh this game is fucking terrible, seriously the devs are hacks and nothing more. I beat the game so I wanted to go back to my room to change my set-up, nope cannot do that because the tower is locked now. All my Equipment gone. So already mad I decide to return to Castle Vahkmaar to explore it more indepth, guess what? Once inside it, you cannot get out. Why the fuck let me back in it, if I am going to be trapped in it and lose hours of gameplay you douches? WTF Fuck, worse devs ever confirmed.

rSpooky

well , this thread seems to have taken a turn for the worse..
Me and my wife just finished the MP campaign.
kinda sucks you simply have to get a full party for the final chapter even though you can play the rest duo.
Also sad to see the final impressions from people now they have finished the campaign and such.. but overall I am still happy with the plenty this game has been giving me, perhaps the devs should have been trying to get a more focused delivery, but overall it was a big package and the game gave me more then I expected (so far). I would think there is potential for a great 2w3.. with a bigger team more money and time and more focus. take what works and leave out the rest.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally finished Platinuming this game. #65th overall for me

Good lord finding the 25 Dungeons is such a pain in the ass

The last boss is such a bitch also
(My game went black screen of death, right after the final blow, had to restart from before last save before boss fight, ugh, took 15+ minutes)

The SP in Chapter 1 & 2 is awesome, 3 tails off and 4 is just bleh!
The sidequests do add a heap-ton of XP, it's really good for leveling up
Used dragon armor through the SP, nothing could beat it
Upgraded my Polearm to 1200 Damage + 135 Frost bonus to go with my ridiculous 135 Strength & 120 Endurance
Leveled up to 41, even dinged on the third set of enemies during the final boss fight lol

The MP Co-op was a blast, but the Competitive part was just felt tacked on, and it didn't really help the game was released early and you had level 100+ against level 30-50's

OK game, a solid 7, maybe TW III can build upon this and some tweaks, and more polish might help it

Solo said:
Reaper is raping me in the Tower of Fangs. What strategy did you use, GAF?

If a Warrior type, mash away, hopefully you upgraded some of your best weapons abilities
(Polearm did good damage, or dual-wield 2 blunt/slash choppers/axes/hammers)

If Mage, better have some good summons, and then fire your best magic spell, bring fuck-ton Mana Potions

If Archer, just spam arrows, but always be at distance, to close, you get hit hard

Pro-Tip: Once you get to New Ashos, and at least level 25-30, to help you get trophies/achievements easier, just use regression [500 auras per] (Soulpatcher in university), takes around 5-7 regressions (around 2500-3500 auras)
Then put points into abilities, once it pops/pings, regress again, go for the next ability ties to trophies/achievements
Then go to Bayan/Savannah for said ability

Solo said:
Reaper is raping me in the Tower of Fangs. What strategy did you use, GAF?
You've probably already beaten it by now but I ran around like a ninny, firing off bursts of multi-arrows. Had to try it 3 or 4 times.

methos75

Banned
rSpooky said:
Me and my wife just finished the MP campaign.
kinda sucks you simply have to get a full party for the final chapter even though you can play the rest duo.
Also sad to see the final impressions from people now they have finished the campaign and such.. but overall I am still happy with the plenty this game has been giving me, perhaps the devs should have been trying to get a more focused delivery, but overall it was a big package and the game gave me more then I expected (so far). I would think there is potential for a great 2w3.. with a bigger team more money and time and more focus. take what works and leave out the rest.

Yeah I was loving the game till I beat, the post game is just so half assed. Especially this stuck in the castle BS

GreekWolf

rSpooky said:
Don't sweat it. The threads for these wonderful Eurotrash games always unfold the same way. Early impressions from dubious German and Polish sources are almost always glowing. When the game finally hits American shores, guys like me, who adore the genre (warts and all), snatch a copy and post additional rave reviews. Hype increases across the thread, and average Joe gamer excitedly places his order, thinking he's found the next AAA, big-budget Oblivion. Inevitably, the latter half of the thread consists of grumbling and regret. Several weeks pass, Joe gamer has moved on to the next big thing, and the positive impressions slowly trickle in once again.

The trick with these sort of games (Sacred 2, Risen, Two Worlds 2) is to rent first and give it a whirl. If you can look past the cornucopia of framerate issues, terrible animation and questionable design, then you might find a hidden gem that somehow manages to click. Sacred 2 suffered from all of the above, yet still manages to be one of my all-time favorites this gen.

JoeBoy101

GreekWolf said:
Don't sweat it. The threads for these wonderful Eurotrash games always unfold the same way. Early impressions from dubious German and Polish sources are almost always glowing. When the game finally hits American shores, guys like me, who adore the genre (warts and all), snatch a copy and post additional rave reviews. Hype increases across the thread, and average Joe gamer excitedly places his order, thinking he's found the next AAA, big-budget Oblivion. Inevitably, the latter half of the thread consists of grumbling and regret. Several weeks pass, Joe gamer has moved on to the next big thing, and the positive impressions slowly trickle in once again.

The trick with these sort of games (Sacred 2, Risen, Two Worlds 2) is to rent first and give it a whirl. If you can look past the cornucopia of framerate issues, terrible animation and questionable design, then you might find a hidden gem that somehow manages to click. Sacred 2 suffered from all of the above, yet still manages to be one of my all-time favorites this gen.

What's depressing is how much is done right and refreshing in Two Worlds 2, that it makes the parts where they completely and utterly fall on their face so disheartening. I just got done with Chapter 2 and sounds like I'm close to done with Chapter 3 (
Have to go talk to the Scavengers for the first time
).

I tried to like this but eventually gave up when Gamestop started their +50% trade in credit promo and knew I could make back more than half of what I paid. I may pick it up eventually, but with my new move, my Sengoku Basara arriving as I type this and Eye Of Judgement to play with my gf my time is gone and I knew it'd be neglected.

methos75

Banned
GreekWolf said:

Problem is I love these games also, TW2 just falls apart at the end though

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Mac version is up on Steam. Is there any word if you can download via steam using a retail serial number?

koji

So I guess starting out on hard wasn't so smart after all, getting my ass handed to me in the Savannah... Did you guys do any grinding or something?

Ricker

Bah,reloaded an old save,I`ll do some sidequest and level a bit because The Reaper fight is annoying...if I make a small mistake and he hits me with his 3 swipes,I`m dead,even at level 23...got a bunch of other stuff to do anyway,didn`t know that quest was part of the big scheme of things for Chapter 1 hehe...

Ricker

koji said:
So I guess starting out on hard wasn't so smart after all, getting my ass handed to me in the Savannah... Did you guys do any grinding or something?

Try and grind baboons and cheetah`s at first,stay away from the ants and run like hell if a Rhino spots you hehe...didn`t even notice a difficulty level on the 360 so I guess i`m playing on normal though...

Joe Molotov

koji said:

I only played on Medium, but it's easy to get killed at the first of the game because there's nothing to stop you from going to areas with high level monsters before you're leveled up enough to fight them. You can be walking along, killing ostriches, and then all of a sudden some freaking giant ant just walks up and knocks the crap out of you. This was only a problem at the very first of the game, before you get to around level 12 or so (although, as I said, this was on Medium).

I noticed that it has been asked before, but I haven't seen an answer yet: does this game run on a 2010 Macbook Pro (2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB)? I noticed that the Steam version was released but I can't find youtube videos of it. It would be great for an upcoming trip.

Lily

Right, i cannot take anymore. It seems that the UK PS3 version has been delayed yet again. Does anybody know a good (cheap) place to import? Thanks

LordAlu

Just had a statement at work saying that GAME has decided not to stock Two Worlds II. Anyone who ordered should get a text message informing them and asking those who placed a deposit to come get a refund.

Effect

What the hell is going on with the US PC version of this game? Amazon.com is listing it as being released on Dec 31, 2011?

WrikaWrek

Banned
What the hell...

I read some posts about how good this game looks, but in motion...damn. This game looks AMAZING.

Aside from the animation and stuff.

GreekWolf

WrikaWrek said:
What the hell...

I read some posts about how good this game looks, but in motion...damn. This game looks AMAZING.

Aside from the animation and stuff.
I've been consistently amazed by how good the 360 version looks, just turning off the fog and motion blur. In dungeons, I use the (engine.edgeaablend 0) command, and the image/textures really pop.

Can't imagine how ridiculous it must look in motion on a monster rig. I'll have my gaming PC ready in time for Skyrim, and will once again join the master race.

Mr YuYu

Is there any way to adjust the size of the screen?

Somehow is too big for my telly. Can't everything if everything is on default :-/

(360 version)

Mr YuYu said:
Is there any way to adjust the size of the screen?

Somehow is too big for my telly. Can't everything if everything is on default :-/

(360 version)

Check options screen from main menu, there is an option in there.

GreekWolf said:

Late reply here and everything, but I agree. I read into the pre-release hype threads and from posters on here (Dennis with this game especially) and I can't help but get hyped. Then I play these euro-rpgs and find they're boring as hell to play. People saying the game falls apart near the end..I'm still in the savannah areas and I'm already bored. I gave up on Risen after 30 minutes because of the same thing, as well as Divinity 2 and Witcher (though I went back to Witcher and am enjoying it more, it's more controlled and focused than those others).

Never again gaf

ajim

Aussies - What the hells happening with the release of this game? Seems to be getting pushed back constantly, and no one knows if its actually being released.

Ultrabum

I'm a few hours into this game, liking it a lot. But my question is where the heck am i supposed to find the other skill books? I don't want to look up a guide on where they are, but I am finding like none.

GreekWolf

tmacairjordan87 said:
Late reply here and everything, but I agree. I read into the pre-release hype threads and from posters on here (Dennis with this game especially) and I can't help but get hyped. Then I play these euro-rpgs and find they're boring as hell to play. People saying the game falls apart near the end..I'm still in the savannah areas and I'm already bored. I gave up on Risen after 30 minutes because of the same thing, as well as Divinity 2 and Witcher (though I went back to Witcher and am enjoying it more, it's more controlled and focused than those others).

Never again gaf
I understand your frustration, but don't give up on the entire genre. Avoid the temptation to run out and plop down your hard-earned pesos, based entirely on thread hype. Rent any Euro titles that peak your interest and, eventually, you'll find one that just clicks.

Ultrabum said:
I'm a few hours into this game, liking it a lot. But my question is where the heck am i supposed to find the other skill books? I don't want to look up a guide on where they are, but I am finding like none.
One of the shopkeepers in Bayan (the first human city you'll teleport into from Orc base) sells quite a few skillbooks. He also sells musical instruments and sheet music. Skillbooks are expensive for low-level characters.

Chris_C

Does anyone know what the PS3 performance is like? Also... is the game actually any good? Folks seemt o be all over the place.

Hammer24

Banned
Chris_C said:
Does anyone know what the PS3 performance is like? Also... is the game actually any good? Folks seemt o be all over the place.

When in doubt, rent first. If you love WRPG, you´ll thoroughly enjoy it. If not, then not.

Chris_C

Hammer24 said:
When in doubt, rent first. If you love WRPG, you´ll thoroughly enjoy it. If not, then not.

Morrowind was my first WRPG, I quite liked it, but spent a ton more time on Oblivion. Don't really have the option to rent. Guess I shall be diving in head first!

Joe Molotov

Sinatar said:
If you have fire resist potions use em, other then that like posted above, just be patient.

Did fire potions even work against her? I drank 100% fire resist and wore my Dragon Armor with 80% fire resist, and it seemed like I still got toasted in the same amount of time.

Hammer24

Banned
Chris_C said:
Morrowind was my first WRPG, I quite liked it, but spent a ton more time on Oblivion. Don't really have the option to rent. Guess I shall be diving in head first!

Do not expect the kind of game you get with Oblivion or Dragon Age. Games like Risen, Gothik or Two Worlds lack the same polish, but shine in other departments, like the depth of the skill system and customization options.
As long as you do not set your hopes too high, you´ll be OK.

Hey guys, is the co-op recommended for this on PS3? I'm planning on buying this game for me and gifting it to a friend so we can co-op.

We loved Sacred 2 despite the bugs, framerate, etc. Played through it 3 times.
[edit] I know this isn't a top-down hack and slash game like Sacred but GreekWolf mentioned it above so I thought it could be used as reference for my tastes.

Thanks!

maxxpower

FunkyPajamas said:
Hey guys, is the co-op recommended for this on PS3? I'm planning on buying this game for me and gifting it to a friend so we can co-op.

We loved Sacred 2 despite the bugs, framerate, etc. Played through it 3 times.
[edit] I know this isn't a top-down hack and slash game like Sacred but GreekWolf mentioned it above so I thought it could be used as reference for my tastes.

Thanks!

While you can easily put in 40+ hours into the co-op, it's not exactly like Sacred 2 where you can play with your friends offline, the co-op in TW2 is purely online with up to 7 friends. Co-op(or adventure mode as it is called in TW2) is a standalone story that is related to the single player campaign, but if you only wish to play adventure mode you can since it's more hack n' slash than story compared to the single player.

I loved Sacred 2 and I loved TW2, so you might too.

maxxpower said:
While you can easily put in 40+ hours into the co-op, it's not exactly like Sacred 2 where you can play with your friends offline, the co-op in TW2 is purely online with up to 7 friends. Co-op(or adventure mode as it is called in TW2) is a standalone story that is related to the single player campaign, but if you only wish to play adventure mode you can since it's more hack n' slash than story compared to the single player.

I loved Sacred 2 and I loved TW2, so you might too.
Thanks for the answer, and awesome avatar btw.

Didn't know it was a separate mode though. Hopefully you won't mind a few more questions:

1. Does it use the character (skills, experience, inventory) progression from the single player or is it a separate save/character?
2. Is it possible to trade items/weapons/armor with friends online?
3. Just to make sure: It has voice chat, right?
4. Is it like Sacred 2 where you can be on one end of the map and your friend in another, or are all members of the party confined to the same area?
5. Somebody mentioned above that the co-op mode can't be finished with only a party of two. Does it have to be a full party of seven for the end game?
6. Is it drop-in/drop-out?
7. To be clear: is it like a parallel campaign, or is it more like a series of missions? I mean, does it have a cohesive story, or is it more like an Uncharted 2 co-op/MW2 Spec-ops where you just choose a mission and complete it?

Thanks again for the answers!

Top Bottom