• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TxK |OT| Feel Cosmic All the Time (aka next-gen Tempest 2000 on Vita)

sheaaaa

Grr. Just did my first solid Pure run after burning through Classic for a bit, got a respectable (for only my second real go at said mode) ~1.2m... find I wasn't signed into PSN.

I'm not blaming anything, but I'll definitely be more wary of it when I'm doing anything more than a quick sesh. Other people may want to take note :)

From experience, all scores are saved locally and uploaded to online leaderboards later, even if you aren't online at the time. Not 100% on this though, but I would check back later. Leaderboards take a while to update.

Foshy

the first time i reached taurus i was like "WHAAAAT"

I'm sure it'll get even better/worse the further I get

Grr. Just did my first solid Pure run after burning through Classic for a bit, got a respectable (for only my second real go at said mode) ~1.2m... find I wasn't signed into PSN.

I'm not blaming anything, but I'll definitely be more wary of it when I'm doing anything more than a quick sesh. Other people may want to take note :)

Wouldn't it then just update the score on PSN when you connect next? If so then I'm pretty gutted as I'm currently suspending an 'offline' Pure run 854,790 level 21 and max lives.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well just picked up my Vita with Tearaway and LBP! Need to update my system and then I can play this glorious game!
3AQmK.gif

So nice to see a 9 from Edge and Eurogamer. That's a tall order. Figures the IGNs, Gamespots, and Polygons are too busy previewing Titanfall to care.

Can we get a price listed in the OP of this OT ffs?

It's probably been mentioned 100 times in the thread. Also google.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Wouldn't it then just update the score on PSN when you connect next? If so then I'm pretty gutted as I'm currently suspending an 'offline' Pure run 854,790 level 21 and max lives.

You should be ok. I'm playing in a coffee shop without internet and a msg popped up to say that my score won't be registered until I'm online.

Super Stardust Delta does the same thing.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: JUST beat my own high score. Still around 1.35m. Had my headphones on loud and it feels weird returning to the real world!

You should be ok. I'm playing in a coffee shop without internet and a msg popped up to say that my score won't be registered until I'm online.

Super Stardust Delta does the same thing.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: JUST beat my own high score. Still around 1.35m. Had my headphones on loud and it feels weird returning to the real world!

Grats!

Yeah I'm hoping this will turn in to a good run, and it's currently sitting in suspend in my bag till I get home. Think my current top score is 1.2m.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well I bought it. Had just about money left in my PS wallet to afford it. 5p left over. Yeah the game seems pretty good. I'm not very good at it at the moment but I'm sure it'll click in time.

Nymphae

Banned
It's probably been mentioned 100 times in the thread. Also google.

I'm at work and didn't feel like reading through a big OT to find the price. Yeah I could google that, I was just asking because you would think something like price would be listed in the OP of an OT.

Also, thanks for taking the time to write a snarky reply, but not provide the information I was asking for.

Zia

I really hope this is doing well for Jeff. He deserves some success and what he's made here is a masterpiece. I'd place it alongside Tearaway as the best original thing on the Vita.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm at work and didn't feel like reading through a big OT to find the price. Yeah I could google that, I was just asking because you would think something like price would be listed in the OP of an OT.

Also, thanks for taking the time to write a snarky reply, but not provide the information I was asking for.

There's nothing wrong with asking, it was just a bit rude when Shaneus has been going to quite a lot of effort to make it. You'd get better results if you were polite.

Nymphae

Banned
There's nothing wrong with asking, it was just a bit rude when Shaneus has been going to quite a lot of effort to make it. You'd get better results if you were polite :)

My apologies, I didn't mean to come off as rude, should have left out the ffs lol, I was just acronym happy while typing the sentence I guess. I appreciate all the work people put into OTs, they are generally fantastic.

$9.99 in US with 20% + discount $7.99

£5.49/€6.99 with 20% discounts too £4.39/€5.59

Thank you kindly!

$9.99 in US with 20% + discount $7.99

£5.49/€6.99 with 20% discounts too £4.39/€5.59

I really hope this is doing well for Jeff. He deserves some success and what he's made here is a masterpiece. I'd place it alongside Tearaway as the best original thing on the Vita.

Possibly the first thing I'm in complete agreement with you on

I am a complete scrub at this, but I'm loving it.

VanWinkle

Got over 400k on Pure! WOOO! I'm getting so good guys! (lol) Seriously, though, I am getting quite a bit better with every single run.

At such a cheap price this thing should just be on every Vita if you ask me. I really hope Jeff does well from this gamble that he took. He's certainly supplied the goods so it's up to us to be buying it!

madp0k

Im not very good but Im loving it, ear and eyegasm

PSN ID madpsych0killer
yep im 39 and that is my id and I love it ;)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
My apologies, I didn't mean to come off as rude, should have left out the ffs lol, I was just acronym happy while typing the sentence I guess. I appreciate all the work people put into OTs, they are generally fantastic.

It's ok!! Most important : hope you enjoy the game (if the price is right) :)

panda-zebra

Just spent an hour in the bath with TxK and my first real Pure run...

vanderas-bitaeporr.png

Ended up higher on the Pure leaderboard than I expected - in the top 60 (ok, yes, 60th).

All that classic frustration last night on 54 then 56 then 60 had me up for it today, but when that Taurus appeared it was brain fart flashback time and 7 or 8 lives became zero pretty quick.

I still can't get over the fact that I paid only pocket change for something so solid and a game as addictive as anything I've played for some time.

I think I have all of them. You missed out. Clearly not enough eulogising! :p
... and then he had a power cut. Which is good, because I'm supposed to be working not cross-referencing GAF and Twitter all morning.

Weird thing there was those tweets were all in the same order as the ones I copypasta to AtariAge, complete with identical censorship (naughty words don't go down too well there) oh and also a google translation of that Danish review, looked to me like I saved him some searching :0)

Y-axis is the opposite of what I expected, with no option to invert the controls. So I also sailed straight past the rings.

Same here, wasn't expecting flight controls. When you're ready for it though it's not so bad, I got that rings one (and the green path, although that's just left/right) all the way on the next two bonus visits.

eroots

This game is soo damn good.. really is.. and for anyone debating it, it's a no brainer with the plus discount this week..

Foxix Von

Holy shit. I've been playing this since yesterday. This game is fucking unparalleled in its excellence. Outstanding work, I'm completely hooked. I might not have known who Jeff Minter is before this but you can bet your ass I'm paying attention now.

I don't think we've had a classic arcade title of this caliber since pac-man championship edition dx. As good as that game was it failed to grab me by the balls the same way this has.

So glad he's still making these kinds of games - loved T2K and loving this too.

Please add me for leaderboards - my PSN ID is Booya_base.

Fake edit - F* this game - I just lost connection whilst on survival so my best score hasn't been uploaded :(

BuzzJive

Fake edit - F* this game - I just lost connection whilst on survival so my best score hasn't been uploaded :(

Does survival require a connection? I don't think any modes do. Disconnect your vita and when it reconnects in game it should upload the score. That's what happened to me anyway.

Holy shit. I've been playing this since yesterday. This game is fucking unparalleled in its excellence. Outstanding work, I'm completely hooked. I might not have known who Jeff Minter is before this but you can bet your ass I'm paying attention now.

I don't think we've had a classic arcade title of this caliber since pac-man championship edition dx. As good as that game was it failed to grab me by the balls the same way this has.

If you have an iphone or android handset check out gridrunner, also by Minter. It's great also.

The android version is donation ware:
http://minotaurproject.co.uk/Minotaur/donate.php

A good way to tell him thanks is pass on some $, he's had a rough couple of years apparently.

Yasawas

Got over 400k on Pure! WOOO! I'm getting so good guys! (lol) Seriously, though, I am getting quite a bit better with every single run.

This is how I felt earlier, it's great how you can be so average at this and the game makes you feel like a total lord. Really enjoying this, I've only ever played Tempest on the Spectrum and I think this is probably better.

Two things, furthest you guys have gotten on pure? I think I got to level 24 before gameover. Im not good, but I feel like im getting better. Definitely just as addicting as super star dust/resogun.

And when your going through the level transition rings what do the hearts mean?

Shaneus

Can we get a price listed in the OP of this OT ffs?
As the creator of this OT, I would've gladly put that info in there just for you. But asking in such a manner? Now I think I'll leave it out of there just for spite.

Two things, furthest you guys have gotten on pure? I think I got to level 24 before gameover. Im not good, but I feel like im getting better. Definitely just as addicting as super star dust/resogun.
I think I hit almost 30 or something last night in my first solid run on Pure, but prior to that I'd only gotten through a handful of levels. Do yourself a favour, run through Classic first until you think you've gotten a handle on things. Repeating some of the upper levels numerous times (some I had to do 10+ at least) in Classic works wonders for when you come across them in Pure... you'll blitz through them :)

Nymphae

Banned
As the creator of this OT, I would've gladly put that info in there just for you. But asking in such a manner? Now I think I'll leave it out of there just for spite.

Wow. All I said was, "can we get a price in the OP of the OT ffs". I'll admit the ffs was unnecessary, but I did apologize for that. And it's a valid point, you included nearly every other piece of info except the price, which is relevant for a digital title.

I already know the price, you're not really spiting me at this point, you're just being a jerk. Other people might want that info too.

Does survival require a connection? I don't think any modes do. Disconnect your vita and when it reconnects in game it should upload the score. That's what happened to me anyway.

Ah ha you're right - it just takes a bit of time for it to appear for some reason.
Loving this - the Oxs and the moving webs are excellent!

Just got 5th on the Pure leaderboard once my score goes up :) :)

eroots

Loving this game soo much.... that I'm thinking about picking up Space Giraffe on steam as well.. Anyone play it? how's it compare?

Top Bottom