• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. House of Reps. moves to encourage drilling in national parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mommy I want to go see the world's most polluted national park! The propaganda officer at school told us to let them know if mommy and daddy were happy about visiting!"

Saganator

Hopefully this pisses off a bunch of the hunter types that voted for Trump. The couple hardcore republicans I know love their hunting and fishing and I hope they see this as a threat to their own backyard/playground.

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling in his grave

HGFQsW2.jpg

linkboy

Hopefully this pisses off a bunch of the hunter types that voted for Drumpf. The couple hardcore republicans I know love their hunting and fishing and I hope they see this as a threat to their own backyard/playground.

Seeing as you can't hunt in national parks, I doubt they'll give a shit. Actually, I could see them going along with it if they let them hunt in national parks.

Either that or they'll just blame it on liberals (like my dad does all the fucking time) and suck the GOP cock some more.

Seeing as you can't hunt in national parks, I doubt they'll give a shit. Actually, I could see them going along with it if they let them hunt in national parks.

Either that or they'll just blame it on liberals (like my dad does all the fucking time) and suck the GOP cock some more.

It will expose the hypocrisy of some hunters as conservationists.

Most hunters know and support conservation measures in hunting. Hell some of the avid hunters and fishermen I know are park rangers. I think they understand keeping areas pristine and for future generations. Problem is that doesn't override the other GOP wedge issues.

Zutroy

Your national parks are amazing and should be treasured. I hope you all riot before letting this sort of shit pass!

Paltheos

The party of Teddy Roosevelt, folks.

The modern GOP believes that privatization is gospel.

Incidentally, many of the contemporary leaders of the GOP were wary or outright didn't like Roosevelt. Teddy was a devout party man but strongly opinionated and outspoken and always moved with his famous energy quickly and swiftly. He was put on the Vice-Presidential ticket to capitalize on his national popularity and to limit the amount he could actually do. He was never intended to get to actual power.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I tried to stay civil as much as I can during this whole mess, but my blood is boiling at it's max right now. FUCK YOU you scumbags who line your pockets with oil and coal money. FUCK YOU for trying to destroy one of the greatest thing about the United States and FUCK YOU for your lies and greed. I always thought people in general would have some redeeming side about them but thanks for showing me that there are truly some folks who's beyond saving. FUCK YOU!

nico1982

Wouldn't be more logical to dissolve the parks altogether? I mean, it seems that they just enjoy to add insult to injury...

The party of Teddy Roosevelt, folks.

The modern GOP believes that privatization is gospel.

First post sums up my reaction very well.

I believe one of the opposition responses to Roosevelt establishing much of this was "what has posterity ever done for me?"

le.phat

Wonder what needs to happen before the people of the united States stand up in unison to this complete breakdown of their societal system.

shiba5

Wonder what needs to happen before the people of the united States stand up in unison to this complete breakdown of their societal system.

Nothing. As long as they think "Libtards are crying", it doesn't matter how bad their own lives get.

....fuck off. No way. This can't be allowed to happen.

I wouldn't consider myself a tree-hugger by any means, but now I'd lovingly embrace one so hard I'll have bark patterns permanently emedded on my skin

Again they don't care what anyone says or thinks. They are going to loot this country and change as many rules as possible into their favor and calling your representatives is unfortunately falling on deaf ears. Even protests are not enough. Not saying people should stop doing either of the two but that isn't enough. People are going to have to find a way to be disruptive to the GOP interests. Don't think like the GOP tea party think like the actual Boston tea party. The work stoppage protest later this month could be a good start.

lawnchair

Banned
Not all republicans are the same. Looks like this is literally one Representative. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/46

Many, many bills are introduced every year and don't go anywhere. The OP doesn't seem to have any info indicating that this bill is supported by more than 1 guy or has any chance of making it through committee.

i'm glad i read down to this post, i feel a little better now, thank you.

it makes sense that these are reactionary times and people are gonna be reactionary, but if this is one dude supporting this bill, we don't need to be out here screaming "REPUBLICANS TO DRILL IN PARKS". can we keep some modicum of calm in the thread titles at least, i hate waking up to these things

Not all republicans are the same. Looks like this is literally one Representative. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/46

Many, many bills are introduced every year and don't go anywhere. The OP doesn't seem to have any info indicating that this bill is supported by more than 1 guy or has any chance of making it through committee.

Ahh gotcha... Hopefully this bill is killed too.

I've only been to the US a handful of times and it is a lovely country, I imagine the national parks are a point of national pride so the thought of drilling and fracking there is quiet odd

i-Lo

They'll sell this is a cornerstone movement toward "energy independence".

All this talk about how most of these sound crazy and will perhaps not come to pass ought to remember what the media and masses said about Trump when he put forth his name for running and how Bannon, an utter nutjob, is a key figure in his administration.

Chichikov

I know quite a few people who hunt, and I can't imagine a single one of them will not be horrified by this move.
Now I'm not claiming this is anything more than an anecdote, I have certainly no idea what the majority of hunters think, but I wouldn't throw all of them under the bus quite yet.

BriGuy

Heh, "future generations." I'm not thoroughly convinced there will be future generations at the rate we're going, at least not ones that make it to adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom