• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. House of Reps. moves to encourage drilling in national parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Max: Fury Road is coming sooner than I thought, and Trump is already on his transition into Immortan Joe.

This has got to stop. Trump and friends, where are you going to vacation on your super yachts when our oceans turn to shit?

The oval office be like
austin02.jpg

Lorcain

They really are villains and don't care who knows it. This republican congress and white house are driven by the worst values and emotions: greed and fear.

commedieu

Banned
This won't happen. This is one that's going to go away quietly.

A lot of black deep underground military bases are littered through our state parks.

And lol at calling representatives.
Should have voted.

VariantX

This is like cartoon shit going on right now. It's like an alternate universe where everything is run by Captain Planet villains. But it's real.

alemmon

Jesus, just split the country in two and bring the "good half" to Europe. We'll welcome you with open arms.

Sorry... I need to stay and protect the beautiful landscapes and animals I love. I know I am one man, but I will fight before they do any of this in my backyard! I go to Zion, Arches, Yellowstone and Yosemite as often as I can.

We cant let them get away with this and the countless other atrocities they are committing.

Wow, not even 2 weeks ago a gaffer suspected the GOP wanting to drill in national parks. And I was like yeah sure, as if.

Woopsie, guess I was wrong.

I'm calling my congressional reps today at 3:30. I suggest anyone who is commenting in this thread do the same. Here is the script I'm using - replace the italicized sections with the pieces relevant to your district:

Hello, my name is RedNalgene. I'm a constituent from Anytown, zipcode 12345. I don't need a response. I am opposed to House Resolution 46, which seeks to repeal updates to the National Park Services 9B rules, which will weaken park protections against drilling. I strongly encourage Representative Politician to oppose any type of repeal. Thank you for your hard work.

Update - I had a few minutes so I just called now. Spoke to a woman in my Reps office. I basically read the text listed above. She noted my opposition, asked me to spell my last name, and said she would pass along my message. It took all of 45 seconds.

This isn't hard.

Air

Banned
Now that I think about it, I would imagine fracking around a super volcano would be a bad idea. Not sure if they could do that around Yellowstone, but if they do, it could be an issue.

jerry113

Banned
The US House of Representatives is voting THIS FRIDAY on this matter. Please take 5 minutes out of your day to call your Representative to help save the environment - do not let your voice be unheard!

Type in your address here to find the house representative of your district:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

or type in your zip code here and your house representative will show up: http://www.whoismyrepresentative.com/

Give them a call and if no one picks up, leave them a message!
- give your name, location, and basic stance of the issue at hand

Feel free to use this as a template:

National_Parks_Conservation_Assocation_Talking_Points.jpg

Sunster

GOP acts like it's the turn of the damn 20th century. We are going to be the first nation to go from developed to developing.

The US House of Representatives is voting THIS FRIDAY on this matter. Please take 5 minutes out of your day to call your Representative to help save the environment - do not let your voice be unheard!

Type in your address here to find your representative:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

Give them a call and if no one picks up, leave them a message!
- give your name, location, and basic stance of the issue at hand

Feel free to use this as a template:

National_Parks_Conservation_Assocation_Talking_Points.jpg
I'm in NY, so both of our senators are democrats. Anyone else I should or would be able to call?

rjinaz

People that even suggest shit like this should get their ass booted out of congress.

Yeah sure, they'll have National Parks named after them. The good ones though that need to be kept in tact, in mostly White areas. True heroes. both sides.

jerry113

Banned
I'm in NY, so both of our senators are democrats. Anyone else I should or would be able to call?

The US House of Representatives is voting on this resolution (House Joint Resolution 46), not the senate.

If you type in your address then both your senators and the House Representative/Congressperson representing your specific NY congressional district will show up.

This website might be more intuitive to use (just enter your zip code and both your senators and house representative will appear): http://www.whoismyrepresentative.com/

In your case, NY has 27 representatives representing 27 congressional districts so it should be one of these people:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NY

StayDead

This is fine you know guys, they'll leave the animal corpses then in millions of years the oil will be back again, right?

/s

Mairu

I live in a Democratic district so I'm not sure if there's much value in calling, but I'll do it anyway tomorrow since this is pretty disgusting.

Also donated to the NPCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom