• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

That was an amazing KO by Edson.

And that was a terrible DQ right after by Mario, there have been much more blatant finishes than that one to the back of the head

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
this motherfucker ruined my pool.

They always allow back of the head punches and never do anything.

Nail

That is so sad. Really feel bad for that guy. Nothing I saw was out of the ordinary for any TKO finish.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The shots were behind the ear. To me that is very close.. I really do not fault Mario. And who the feck is Joe Rogan!!

That is so sad. Really feel bad for that guy. Nothing I saw was out of the ordinary for any TKO finish.

Yeah. When a guy is diving face down and turtling a few are always going to hit the back but the vast majority of those were the side. Not every single punch can avoid the back when the guy is in the position and moving. Awful call.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Bad call by Mario. There are far worse cases of back of the head hammer fists.

Up next, Paul Harris holding a sub too long. AJ KO'ing Vitor's Back, then Jose by whatever he wants.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
3jUQm.png

I just don't understand why Rogan has to shoot on Mario, and has never ever done so against Steve Mazzagatti, who is easily the worst regular ref in the UFC.

He should on all of them and the judges. MMA reffing and judging is f'n appalling awful. At least boxing judges are just corrupt, on the MMA side everyone involved is inept.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont get the Paul Harris thing =/

Oh Palhares! I get it now!

EYEL1NER

I just don't understand why Rogan has to shoot on Mario, and has never ever done so against Steve Mazzagatti, who is easily the worst regular ref in the UFC.
I think it was a shit call, but I didn't feel that Joe needed to go as far as he did.
Especially for the reason you posted. Mazzagatti has made a ton of horrible calls and when has Joe stepped up? Mario's a good ref and this was a bad call, but Joe isn't in the ref's position and having to react to that shit.

Anyway, I feel bummed out now with the way that turned out. I knew we were gonna get a quick fight and Silva was going to beast on his opponent, but with the way it ended...
It just sucks.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
There is no accountability whatsoever for refs and judges. It's about damn time one of them was finally put on the spot to defend their ineptitude.

Heel

Perhaps this time Paul Harris will climb around the inside of the octagon cage like a spider monkey, begin crying and approach his opponent to apologize for his mistake. As they embrace, he connects his hands for a takedown and immediately spins for a kneebar. The ref tells him to break the hold and he does so immediately, departs the arena, and is never seen again.

If it weren't for the fact that it's already going to Barboza, it would've been cool for Dana to give the KO of the night to Silva just as a fuck you.

Perhaps this time Paul Harris will climb around the inside of the octagon cage like a spider monkey, begin crying and approach his opponent to apologize for his mistake. As they embrace, he connects his hands for a takedown and immediately spins for a kneebar. The ref tells him to break the hold and he does so immediately, departs the arena via jetpack and is never seen again.

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom