• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 182 |OT| Break Bones - Sponsored By Dude Wipes®

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seems that lombard was holding back.. he had many opportunities to close in and finish him off but he didn't.

the arena is fucking silent.

Ithil

I reallllly want him to succeed. I love that hes not arrogant, just absolutely confident he wont lose. Ufc needs him in a title match. He will make them a shitload of money

I'm wildly biased, I want my countryman to make it big. But he is legit great so far.

NYR

This is my first live UFC event in years, how does this compare to how it has been in the last year or so? I heard UFC sucks nowadays?

This is my first live UFC event in years, how does this compare to how it has been in the last year or so? I heard UFC sucks nowadays?

They have gone down in quality a lot as they set up all the free fight night fights. Spreading fighters out way to much. Next 3 are good main events imo.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Way too many events means watered down cards that only have a couple of relevant and exciting matchups. Fights that would have been on the prelims a couple years ago now are on PPV main cards. Every once in a while there is a stacked card, but they are getting more and more rare.

They have gone down in quality a lot as they set up all the free fight night fights. Spreading fighters out way to much. Next 3 are good main events imo.

Yep, they have a global strategy now which means 3-4 cards a month. Even though they have several new divisions (men's 125, women's 115 and 135), this still means the talent is stretched extremely thin. Originally this meant only the bumfuck nowhere cards had uninteresting main portions, but now it's been destroying the PPV quality for a while.

There used to be six-eight great cards a year, now it's more like three.

Xion385

Going to need a Phantom camera when Guchi and Mighty Mouse fights. Going to look like an episode of Dragon Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom