• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 184 |OT| - Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Here we go, is the Holm hype legit? Time to find out

She is a legit striker. MMA is a different game though since everyone has to respect the take down. No amount of stand up or bjj ability can save you if someone has a dominant position on you, raining down blows.

IKizzLE

If holly loses, its going to be through a submission. Rocky is gonna go for the takedown cuz the standup game Im assuming will be too much.

But hell, anything can happen.

Striking wise? Yes, she is foreal. She hasn't proven to have any type of grappling yet though, because she's been head kicking everyone to death so far.

Im referring to UFC level.

Bout to find out if she can hang with the big boys and girls of MMA

Oscar

Im referring to UFC level.

Bout to find out if she can hang with the big boys and girls of MMA

Based on her striking alone, yes. It's possible to be one sided in this relatively new division, Ronda got away with horrible striking for the longest and relied on her judo + armbar. Holly is a former boxer with 33 fights, so don't let her 7-0 MMA record fool you, she has the experience to hang in the UFC despite her outcome tonight.

charsace

I like Holly, but Ronda will KO her. She is a technically sound striker, but she lacks the power that Gina had. Gina could KO people with punches or kicks.

Yep Holm belongs in the division for sure, but honestly I wouldn't put her in top 5. She needs to cause a lot more damage if she wants a chance against Ronda, Meisha, Zingano, etc.

IKizzLE

Man, when holly fights someone who can close the gap....its a wrap. She has ZERO knockout power, she doesn't even have threat power.

charsace

Ronda is much bigger, stronger, faster, and quicker than Pendington and has power. Holm would be in trouble with Ronda.

Holm has some solid technique. She has some work to do but she should be alright. Was expecting her to utilize the leg kicks a bit more efficiently.

Seemed pretty nervous out there, she got the W though

vypek

Definitely thought we would see a KO.

Anyways, what round do we think Ronda will win? (I kind of want to see her streak end though)

Oscar

Man, when holly fights someone who can close the gap....its a wrap. She has ZERO knockout power, she doesn't even have threat power.

Holly is 8-0 with 6 KO's, and Raquel has never been finished via strikes.

I think you guys are putting too much weight on Holly and not crediting Pennington's toughness. You can still get rocked via head kick despite keeping your hands up, Raquel is tough as nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom