• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 184 |OT| - Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell was that a split decision?

29 - 28 or 30 - 27 Holm are the only correct scores.

And you have people booing? Holy shit the first 2 rounds there should be zero debate

IKizzLE

Holly is 8-0 with 6 KO's, and Raquel has never been finished via strikes.

I think you guys are putting too much weight on Holly and not crediting Pennington's toughness. You can still get rocked via head kick despite keeping your hands up, Raquel is tough as nails.

7-0 fighting cans. Like I said, its easy to get leg kick ko's on pretty much amateurs.

Oscar

7-0 fighting cans. Like I said, its easy to get leg kick ko's on pretty much amateurs.

Some of her opponents have better records than Pennington's 5-5.

I don't understand this Holly has no power argument. Haters are better off focusing on her non-existent grappling.

TTG

The woman in pink had some good signs on her when she was moving, but the way she throws makes it easy to react. She's not slow, but the way she flinches and winds up warns the opponent as soon as she starts her motion. No power, but I don't know how you're suppose to judge that shit in the women's division.

Oscar

Cat Zingano is a slow starter, while Ronda is a monster from the opening bell.

If Zingano can survive the first round, the fight could get interesting.

IKizzLE

Some of her opponents have better records than Pennington's 5-5.

I don't understand this Holly has no power argument. Haters are better off focusing on her non-existent grappling.

First off, im not a hater. I like Holly. But to say she actually has power in her punches...that's just blind fanboyism. Non-existant grappling? Nah. Non tested is more like it.

_DrMario_

Maybe its time to let Ronda fight some dudes now.

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

IKizzLE

Cyborg will never make 135 when she walking around at 170+ and on the juice.
After this first round finish, ronda might as well retire for 2 years so the womens division can rebuild.

And lol at Conor like WTF at that hat throw.

FUME5

Mixed sex weight divisions are a few decades off. Partly due to the obvious biological differences, partly due to the fact they'd lose a lot of viewers if Rhonda starts embarrassing dudes.

Guru-Guru

Banned
haha

After she wins tonight, really who's next
Yeah, seriously, who will be next? If Holm had a first round headkick KO they would probably feed her to Ronda, but I doubt anyone wants to see that yet after how Holm performed. Ronda has beaten everyone else worth fighting currently in her division.

Okay, I gotta ask... Are there any black women in the UFC? They showed some competitors in the women's field and they were all white. Just seems a little weird.

vypek

She'll take a break, Cyborg will fight once at 135, then Rousey vs Cyborg

Seems feasible. I remember reading a while ago about Ronda saying she likes to do things in like 4 year sets or something like that. Focusing on a particular goal. (Like Judo championships or the olympics and currently ufc). Maybe she will take a break to act until there are more people ready to take her on.

Okay, I gotta ask... Are there any black women in the UFC? They showed some competitors in the women's field and they were all white. Just seems a little weird.

There was at least one named Angela when I watched "The Ultimate Fighter" all female season. I'm not sure if she is still competing. People without a big name aren't seen as much but she might still be fighting.

Dana needs to book a super fight with Carano at a catch weight. I'd pay for that. PEACE.

This might work too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom