• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 184 |OT| - Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano

Status
Not open for further replies.
its in it's infancy. Rousey is legit impressive but the division is garbage. It's like when Royce Gracie was taking people out in the early 90s. I honestly think people are going to lose interest.

People are, that's why you got people like me streaming UFC now instead of wasting money.

It was like when you get perfected in Street Fighter by someone better.

It was like when you and your friend see a Street Fighter 2 machine at an arcade and decide to have a match and put your money in and you realize your side of the joystick doesn't work.

charsace

Ronda would do the same thing to Cyborg. Gina didn't know WTF she was doing and got full mount on Cyborg. Ronda would have her down and arm broken within the first 2 minutes.

ShogunX

Despite WMMA being sketchy when it comes to legit fighters it's undeniable that Rousey is an extremely talented and accomplished fighter.

She may as well start fighting men.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
UFC really need to cultivate some legit contenders if they expect people to remain interested in Rousey fights. It's starting to look like amateur hour.

The gulf in competition isn't just unparalleled, it's intrinsic. Rousey is a fighter. The other women in the division are just people who have learned how to fight.

Cyborg needs to get on dat dere Dolce.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Despite WMMA being sketchy when it comes to legit fighters it's undeniable that Rousey is an extremely talented and accomplished fighter.

She may as well start fighting men.
She would get completely destroyed by any top 10 guy.

bbd23

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate seeing rousey's stupid face

will be interested to see the PPV buys to see how much of a draw Ronda still is.

If they really want to go Ronda/Holm they better put that shit on free tv.

ERMint13

I believe Cyborg normally walks around at what 160-170. Her cutting that much isn't going to work out well.

Holms would get bodied.

If they threw Holms at Ronda we wouldn't be placing bets on who's going to win. We'd be placing bets on how fast Ronda would win.

Wait, did I just see a preview for Gonzaga v Crocop 2? I've trained with that guy in the gym a long time ago, I coulda sworn he fell off the face of the Earth after going completely down-hill since that match.

vypek

Has Ronda had a fight besides Miesha that went the distance? Seems like Miesha is the best person to try and defeat Ronda and even that gap is huge

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You get the best male athletes at 125-155 because what other athletic endeavor could they do? Ronda would get wrecked hard.

vypek

Agreed. But there is no one left. Especially after the callout in the post fight interview, they will try to make this fight.

I don't think they can make it happen soon. They might as well just let the women fight for 2nd place for now. I haven't seem Holm fight except tonight but that performance doesn't make it look like she is ready to even come close to Ronda. Let Ronda just do nothing. Reigning champ with no contenders.

RK9039

Has Ronda had a fight besides Miesha that went the distance? Seems like Miesha is the best person to try and defeat Ronda and even that gap is huge

Miesha didn't go the distance did she? she lost in the second round. Unless we're talking about the distance of Ronda in round one where she has destroyed basically everyone so far.

Seriously wtf was Zingano even trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom