• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 184 |OT| - Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Meisha fight didn't go the distance

Rousey has a 100% finish rate

If by "distance" you mean out of the first round, no.

Miesha didn't go the distance did she? she lost in the second round. Unless we're talking about the distance of Ronda in round one where she has destroyed basically everyone so far.
Oops. My bad. For some reason I thought Miesha had a fight with Ronda that went to decision.

I'll go see who else got out of the first round

Pimpwerx

I can 100% guarantee there are guy fighters at mens 135 Rousey would smash
Not anyone that makes one of these events. UFC cans can still eat a Ronda punch and keep coming forward. How many punches from a make who cuts to 135 is Ronda going to take?

Her only chance is getting the fight on the ground. She'll get beat up in a hard to watch spectacle on the feet. It would be a bad look for the sport. PEACE.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Wait, did I just see a preview for Gonzaga v Crocop 2? I've trained with that guy in the gym a long time ago, I coulda sworn he fell off the face of the Earth after going completely down-hill since that match.

Do you mean Gonzaga or Cro-Cop?

Gonzaga became a jobber to the stars after his title shot and was cut after the most uninspired performance in the world against Brendan Schaub. He then ran up a good record outside of the UFC and came back. He looked impressed until he got elbowed to death by Travis Browne. Now he just looks tired. Both Gonzaga and Cro-cop need to retire after that fight in Poland.

Not anyone that makes one of these events. UFC cans can still eat a Ronda punch and keep coming forward. How many punches from a make who cuts to 135 is Ronda going to take?

Her only chance is getting the fight on the ground. She'll get beat up in a hard to watch spectacle on the feet. It would be a bad look for the sport. PEACE.

Rousey is a Olympic Judoka

There are plenty of men at 135 she would throw on their ass and sub, no debate.

She could NEVER be a champ though against men. But your kidding yourself if you thinl there not mens bantamweights in the UFC Ronda wouldn't sub out

VoxPop

Amazing. Perfect technique. Ronda is on another level compared to everyone else. In her prime and she could really be the only one to bring eyes to the UFC in the mainstream. Even Brock was there passing the torch today. Beating Cyborg would catapault her into the her final form. Officially a fan.

IKizzLE

Cat's fight IQ is retardation.
Your gonna start the fight against Rhonda fucking Rousey with a flying knee?!?!
I couldn't believe it.....

She could NEVER be a champ though against men. But your kidding yourself if you thinl there not mens bantamweights in the UFC Ronda wouldn't sub out

The whole problem we have right now is that she's got nothing but scrubs to fight. Of course she could beat a bunch of male scrubs just like she beats female scrubs. That's not the issue.

The issue is finding parity and balance and competitiveness in a division that was basically created without forethought.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'd make the next fight Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate for No. 1 contender. Holm needs a lot more UFC experience, but it's best for the division just to push another contender for Rousey as soon as possible. If Holm wins that she's beat a legit contender, if Miesha wins that then it's four straight wins and they can build up and justify that rematch a lot more than they can any other rematch at this point.

Cyborg is surely the only game in town though.

Men at her size/weight would kick her ass. Anybody in the UFC. She would have to fight a man who she has like 20 lbs on to make it remotely fair.

The whole problem we have right now is that she's got nothing but scrubs to fight. Of course she could beat a bunch of male scrubs just like she beats female scrubs. That's not the issue.

The issue is finding parity and balance and competitiveness in a division that was basically created without forethought.

I agree with that. I'm not claiming Ronda would beat top 10 male bantamweights but she could for sure sub plenty that are below top 10

She's not small at all either. Walks above 150lbs

Men at her size/weight would kick her ass. Anybody in the UFC. She would have to fight a man who she has like 20 lbs on to make it remotely fair.

Dont agree at all.

Theres bantamweight fights all the time in the UFC with garbage ass technique on the ground.

She could put plenty of people on their ass.

IKizzLE

It's funny too, looking back at all of Cat's fight, she gets caught doing dumb shit in every fight. But none of the previous fighters capitalized on her mistakes. It took ronda 14 seconds to capitalize....

There have been male judoka (and better judoka than Ronda was) who came into MMA and didn't throw and sub out everyone.

The talent pool in men's MMA is just much better and larger than WMMA.

I think some of you men are uncomfortable with the idea that there are women out there that could fuck dudes up.

There are. Ronda Rousey is one of them

_DrMario_

CornyGenuineDove.gif

Here's your main event guys!

Pimpwerx

I think some of you men are uncomfortable with the idea that there are women out there that could fuck dudes up.

There are, but there are restrictions/qualifiers required to even the odds. As good as Ronda is, you seriously underestimate how good even the worst ufc can is, or how strong these guys are. The guys you see with bad technique are also facing much more strength than they would with Ronda. There's a reason women don't fight men. PEACE.

There are, but there are restrictions/qualifiers required to even the odds. As good as Ronda is, you seriously underestimate how good even the worst ufc can is, or how strong these guys are. The guys you see with bad technique are also facing much more strength than they would with Ronda. There's a reason women don't fight men. PEACE.

Hey bro I agree with you 99.9999% of the time

Ronda is the one exception. ;-)

She could beat me no problems but I'm not a professional fighter. You're basing a lot of your claims on watching her fight inexperienced losers. Not unlike people who thought Kimbo Slice was so sick based on some backyard fights.

She could beat me no problems but I'm not a professional fighter. You're basing a lot of your claims on watching her fight inexperienced losers. Not unlike people who thought Kimbo Slice was so sick based on some backyard fights.

I have never missed a UFC card since UFC 90

I stand by my opinion

denshuu

WMMA is such a joke.

No, it isn't. This is what happens when you have one athlete who is that much better than everyone else in the division. The heavyweight division of boxing has been in this exact same position for the past 10 years. The welterweight division is one fighter away from being in the exact same position.

Hunter S.

No, it isn't. This is what happens when you have one athlete who is that much better than everyone else in the division. The heavyweight division of boxing has been in this exact same position for the past 10 years. The welterweight division is one fighter away from being in the exact same position.

No, the division is really new and filled with a joke of talent.

StoopKid

Love the wilbon avatar!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Look up when professional female athletes play against men. The women's Olympic soccer team got destroyed by an under 17 boys team. In fighting the difference would be even more prominent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom