• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

As everyone else is saying Ronda fell for her own hype. Like seriously, compare first fight Ronda to current fight Ronda in terms of how she talks to the media and about other fighters.

Well people have been blowing so much smoke up her ass that she thought she could walk down a boxer without even protecting her chin.

It's not the first time a cocky fighter has been given a massive wake up call and it wont certainly be the last but it does make you think if Ronda will ever properly come back from that.

SRTtoZ

It's pretty normal to get taken to the hospital in a fight where you are all bloodied up and got kicked in the head unconscious.

-MD-

amQiszL.png

Our champion.

MiguelItUp

The tweet, the no touching of the gloves, there was a number of things that just made her look so unprofessional. I will say that I expected the knock-out to be better than that, it just got sloppy and cost her the fight. I will say I didn't watch the entire fight, and it sounds like Holm had her under her thumb, at least that was my impression. Is that correct?

zewone

I'm fighting the urge to say Holly Holm just pitched a Matt Serra, but I don't want to end up looking like a Canderson Silva fan in the rematch.

There's something to be said for Ronda's shattered aura, though. The only way to get the money train back on the track is to book a rematch and hope she turns Holly into her Buster Douglas.

Can't see GSP doing anything different or much better to win a rematch.

Yaari

The entire weigh-in, twitter rant, refusing to touch gloves. It kind of had a Murilo Rua vs Tony Bonello payback vibe to it.

Hope she touches the gloves next time.

rugioh

Banned
The tweet, the no touching of the gloves, there was a number of things that just made her look so unprofessional. I will say that I expected the knock-out to be better than that, it just got sloppy and cost her the fight. I will say I didn't watch the entire fight, and it sounds like Holm had her under her thumb, at least that was my impression. Is that correct?

Ronda didn't respect her at all. She had it coming tbh fam

Holm's movement and ring awareness was pretty incredible.

You could tell she's an experienced pro in combat sports.

BadAss2961

Very good point. They have at least one GIGANTIC PPV left out of Rousey if she will take the fight. The rematch is going to be insane buy rate.
Honestly, it would be a mistake for Ronda to go at Holly again right away. Now that we've seen the fight, it looks like a bad matchup for Ronda. She comes forward hands down and is tailor-made for a fighter of Holly's class and experience. It would be a mistake for her to rush into a rematch against that.

jabuseika

So, when everyone said her stand-up was her weakness, and if she tried to stand-up with some one with skill she would get annihilated.

Guess they were right.

Tubie

she lands right on her fuckin head too. I think she knocked herself out
3oEduHYnbsff7prJlu.gif

That's like 3 concussions in a row right there.

Not even counting all the left jabs she just fucking stood in front of in the first round.

I'm glad they took her to the hospital, even if it's just to be safe.

Fitts

Since we're posting our favorite "heel champ goes down" moments, I don't think anything tops when Machida brought us the Rashad stanky leg.

giphy.gif

machida-evans-mma-knockout-gif.gif

Evans even admitted that he was talking shit when that right landed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom