• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in the scrap pack. That's his sunday best.

Nah. That's not his Giblert Melendez shirt.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-1.01.21-PM.png

Kappa

Heel

I'm fighting the urge to say Holly Holm just pitched a Matt Serra, but I don't want to end up looking like a Canderson Silva fan in the rematch.

There's something to be said for Ronda's shattered aura, though. The only way to get the money train back on the track is to book a rematch and hope she turns Holly into her Buster Douglas.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Holly was dare I say it, Machida-esque, in her footwork and technique tonight. Straight lefts proved to be Ronda's kryptonite.

zewone

I don't think anyone is saying Holm is the best fighter ever, in fact, most of us are criticizing Ronda's lack of a plan B if she couldn't end Holly in 30 seconds.

Mostly aimed at the folks saying Ronda has no chance against Holms.

Probably the same people laughing at UFC for matching her up against the ranked #9 opponent (who suddenly was ranked #7). They all laughed off the fight.

BUT NOW!

I mean, I thought no one was even close to her level, yet she got smacked around hard. It's exciting that there's more than one person in the game now.

1 minute of the 1st round I thought the same thing. Truth be told though Holms should have fought other fighters in the weight class before Ronda. Showing that she was worth the title shot.

She proved it though already with all those championships won, but still would have loved to see her fight other opponents...

Now we will get to see her stand on the mountain and everyone cowers before her.

Aldo is soooo gonna murderlize McGregor.

I mean, I thought no one was even close to her level, yet she got smacked around hard. It's exciting that there's more than one person in the game now.

People have been saying Holly Holm would do damage for a long time now. Every time Ronda got paired up with scrubettes many people suggested she fight Holm.

Tubie

I've read up on how Cyborg would destroy Ronda before this fight, but I don't follow MMA almost at all.

MMA-GAF, how do you think that fight would go now after tonight?

Turin

Banned
Love Holm's footwork. Real good at controlling distance.

I'm fighting the urge to say Holly Holm just pitched a Matt Serra, but I don't want to end up looking like a Canderson Silva fan in the rematch.

There's something to be said for Ronda's shattered aura, though. The only way to get the money train back on the track is to book a rematch and hope she turns Holly into her Buster Douglas.

Tyson never got back at Buster though.

I'm fighting the urge to say Holly Holly just pitched a Matt Serra, but I don't want to end up looking like a Canderson Silva fan in the rematch.

If Ronda does nothing but train blast doubles and doesn't try to stand with her at all she MIGHT have a chance.

What we learned today

Ronda has zero hope in hell against legit stand up. She needs to do nothing but train non stop takedowns and how to get her down and submitted. Its her only chance

I've read up on how Cyborg would destroy Ronda before this fight, but I don't follow MMA almost at all.

We don't really count Cyborg because she's packin more testosterone than r/Redpill, r/MRA, and GAF combined.

Yaari

Depends on if Ronda thinks she can exchange bombs with Cyborg.
She should stick to her roots unless she outclasses her opponent in striking. She's no nJones who beats everyone at their own game.

hwalker84

Not that she still wouldn't have lost but I thought Ronda looked really bad at the weigh in. Obviously Vegas thought the same as the odds dropped significantly afterwards.

This is great for Dana - UFC will get TREMENDOUS media coverage off of this and the re-match will be simply insane and drive revenue like a motherfucker.

Very good point. They have at least one GIGANTIC PPV left out of Rousey if she will take the fight. The rematch is going to be insane buy rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom