• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think there'd ever be a more satisfying UFC gif than Hendo dropping an H-Bomb on Bisping, but this is up there:
untitled-19mnryf.gif
I've always liked:
Coleman-Williams-slo.gif

Tubie

Yea Ronda shouldn't fight Holly again, another loss will utterly destroy her career. I mean it's pretty fucked now, but a second loss would just be scust.

And she will take too much unnecessary damage to her face/head if they fight again.

But then again fighters are dumb and vary rarely care for their well being over their egos.

zewone

Lol.

The hyperbole in this thread.

Went from Holm being a can to her being untouchable real quick.

This is the same chick who has had two boring UFC fights prior to tonight.

Don't let your hate for Ronda as a person cloud your judgement.

NYR

WWE would pay her big. But against their divas it would be a mis match. I doubt she'd wrestle men there.

Value is a tad eroded right now. No one likes a loser. At least with Brock, he was booked to be a loser until his second comeback where he went into beast mode.

I loved seeing Ronda get knocked out. She bought into her own hype. If she brought the fight to the ground she would have won but no she had to prove that she could out strike Holly Holm.

Lol.

Those two fights showed me NOTHING and then she does this?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I asked my dad in Vegas to place a bet for me.

I really, really hope he fucking did. ;_;

Tubie

Lol.

I don't think anyone is saying Holm is the best fighter ever, in fact, most of us are criticizing Ronda's lack of a plan B if she couldn't end Holly in 30 seconds.

Getting transported to hospital is standard practice. Gotta make sure no concussion or other damage. Getting that kind of kick in the neck can't be good for you.

As everyone else is saying Ronda fell for her own hype. Like seriously, compare first fight Ronda to current fight Ronda in terms of how she talks to the media and about other fighters.

Dr.Acula

Banned

The most dangerous weapon [Holly Holm] has at her disposal is a left head-kick that can stun women even through their guards.

The problem is that it would probably be insane to try a head-kick on Ronda Rousey. If Rousey catches a leg or grabs Holm while she’s off balance, the champion will trip her, and at that point, the fight may as well be over.

“Welcome to hell,” Breen says. “Welcome to animated GIF land. Welcome to infamy.”

Well, this writer was half-right.

RM8

I mean, I thought no one was even close to her level, yet she got smacked around hard. It's exciting that there's more than one person in the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom