• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabuseika

You mean
7h70aj2.png

Paint me like one of your French girls.

ShogunX

The question of the hour

Does Dana White show up at the post fight press conference?

Yep, because there is always a new fighter to throw the UFC marketing machine behind.

This kid earns a few wins and he'll be pushed no doubt.

FotorCreated1234.jpg

We'll get the ''Karate Kid'' hype non stop. Dude looks like a real life Ken doll.

UberTag

My initial guess was that Holm missed intentionally. Because a couple of solid lands from that distance, when Ronda is in that position, could have killed her...or at least given Ronda severe brain damage. In other words, Holm and some of these fighters do have mercy deep down
You want to be known as the fighter that beat Ronda Rousey.
You don't want to be known as the fighter that ended her career and cost your sport a lot of money.

Yep, because there is always a new fighter to throw the UFC marketing machine behind.

This kid earns a few wins and he'll be pushed no doubt.

FotorCreated1234.jpg

We'll get the ''Karate Kid'' hype non stop. Dude looks like a real life Ken doll.

Good call, if Sage Van Zant wins some fights he'll be the next big thing.

Dr.Acula

Banned
You mean the rematch to Ronda where she lose to an armbar?

Yeah, that's pretty interesting.

If for some reason Ronda isn't her next opponent, Holm hasn't looked very good prior to tonight. So yeah, i'd like to see her against some top competitors like Tate or Zigano.

Yeah, the UFC needs to make a rematch. Too often they'll have a challenger come in or something. Let's just do a straight re-match for February or something.

Obviously. I saw the ref stop her. But not before she landed three hits on the unconscious head of Rousey. If someone is down you should let them get up not slam people in the head when they're unconscious. Ridiculous that she needs a ref to stop her. If the ref hadn't stopped her would she still be hitting her? I mean why stop with only three hits? May as well keep hitting her until she's unrecognizable.

C'mon, the ref was in there fast. In real-time it was stopped in a second. You need to give fighters a chance to defend themselves after being dropped as well. I've seen fighters go down like Ronda and then get their guard up pretty quick. Ronda just happened to be out. You need a second to see if a fighter is out or not.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Welp... I'm only really interested when there's some alpha just chewing people to bits but no one lasts forever and now Womens fighting in UFC is gonna be back to boring normal.

This isn't as much of a let down as when Chuck lost his chin and the metal in his knuckles all in the span of like 3 months but still..

That whiff of a punch and the spin around "loljk" standup move she tries to pull NEEDS to be .gif'd immediately though. Just isolate that one moment. It can be the new "missing the point" .gif

what a wild ass throw that was. Why the fuck did she try to punch?

Platy

Ronda said he would win from Floyd in an MMA FIGHT, meaning that she never said she would punch him to ko.

Still think that if she recovers her sense and go full judo Holm will loose.

EthanC

Banned
Naa

She will be more popular than ever, and it's all about the build-up to a rematch, if she can make that climb.

You couldn't be more wrong. She was only popular because people believed the dumb myth that she was unbeatable. That she was so powerful she could beat male fighters. She'll never have that aura about her again. Ever. Not as long as videos/gifs of her getting absolutely wrecked exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom