• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronda said he would win from Floyd in an MMA FIGHT, meaning that she never said she would punch him to ko.

Still think that if she recovers her sense and go full judo Holm will loose.

So she got her face tagged like recess to a boxing chick but would beat Floyd using the same tactic because....?

For every one hit Holm got in, Floyd would probably be able to get two in. Floyd would embarrass Ronda. His stand up game is on a whole different level. His hand game makes Holm look like she just started boxing 3 minutes before that fight.

beasty

IckyScornfulHorse.gif

That is what you call a clinic, its amazing how she basically just ran into Holm's fist. I know her stand up was bad but I didnt know it was that bad. She clearly needs a better stand up coach. She is making novice mistakes and basically fell into every single one of Holms traps and set ups.

I hope Rousey takes some time off and really works on her stand up. Rousey is still young and if she really wants that belt again, it is very attainable

raphier

Banned
What would be so terrible if when someone went to the ground like that the action stopped until they got back up? Give a point to the person who got the knockdown and wait to see if they can get back up? By not having a rule like that you set things up like this where people are pummeling unconscious people in the head.

so? what're you babbling about, fighting is dangerous? That is much more dangerous to your head.

UraMallas

Then don't watch it. I hate College football, guess what I do? Don't watch it and I don't go into College football threads.
I didn't watch it. I'm not even sure if it was on a cable channel or on pay per view like wrestling used to be. They just said something about it during the football game I was watching and I saw this thread at the top so I clicked through and read. There is a lot of ugly shit being said about a person who, truther or not, was severely beaten for entertainment's sake. I find it distasteful but it's the last thing I'll say on it. No reason to derail the thread. I was just trying to voice a differing opinion with the person that was attacked. I wanted to point out their feelings on the sport were valid in my mind.

What would be so terrible if when someone went to the ground like that the action stopped until they got back up? Give a point to the person who got the knockdown and wait to see if they can get back up? By not having a rule like that you set things up like this where people are pummeling unconscious people in the head.

No. That's how boxing is. And boxing is actually worse for your health/brain because of it. It's actually safer to get knocked out once, than to get knocked out, allowed to get back up, and knocked out again.

DMczaf

Money Mayweather retires 49-0, gets salty ass DLH to write a high school breakup letter about him AND gets to watch Ronda's career ended by a boxer?

Just give him the Best Year award now

Dr.Acula

Banned

Yeah, that's a different sport.

You want the concussed person to be stood up, given 8 seconds to shake the cobwebs off, then get concussed again? Because that's boxing. And boxing is more brutal than MMA. At least in MMA when you get KO'd the first time they stop the fight. I've seen boxers go down like Ronda, stagger back to their feet, and get knocked down again and again in fights. It's not better.

zewone

How did you wonder in this thread with no knowledge of this 'sport' just to talk shit on it?

Ronda casual fans about to hit that ol' dusty trail.

Skeyser

So she got her face tagged like recess to a boxing chick but would beat Floyd using the same tactic because....?

For every one hit Holm got in, Floyd would probably be able to get two in. Floyd would embarrass Ronda. His stand up game is on a whole different level. His hand game makes Holm look like she just started boxing 3 minutes before that fight.

After seeing tonight's fight, I honestly think she would die in the ring if she faced Mayweather.

Do you guys think Ronda could win in a rematch someday?

I think odds are no.

I also think she could have a MUCH better performance though. She would have to literally focus entirely on grappling and cutting the cage off of Holm. She got way too cocky in her standup and got wrecked

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Rousey really didn't even last that long. She won her belt in 2013. Anderson won his in 2006 and didn't lose it until 2013. Jon won his in 2011 and only lost it this year because of his own stupidity. Her hype was her worst enemy because she seemed to really believe that she was invincible. That also eventually cost Anderson when he started to think that he was Neo.

Very true but for the women's side of fighting Rousey was kind of the spear head meal ticket for all of them. Marketable, doesn't look like she spent her whole life getting told "You have a great personality", had bombastic wins, a certain style that - if she had ironed out her hands and legs a little and could bang without getting massively outclassed - could have really dug out a comfortable home for all the ladies to go ape shit on each other in. Now i feel like that magic.. that allure.. is gonna be HAAARD to get back.

And Anderson was damn near Agent Smith level until the world learned his leg was made of pretzel sticks. I just gave myself the willies thinking about that shit.

Again though.. good point. All the people i think of in my head... GSP, Liddell, Matt... they all had a loooong period of time where they were just the pinnacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom