• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBQec1w.gif

WTF!!! ahhahahahahaahh holy shit!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of grossed out by all the hate this woman is getting in the thread. I guess that's the price to pay when you are a successful and popular young female in a male-dominated environment and you happen to lose.

You and all the other drive-by shit posts about "women" are the ones dragging it down to that level. Everyone else is talking about this as if something happened to a trained fighter and former champion at a sporting event. You know, like ALL sports.

so thanks for playing but feel free to take your faux outrage and go away.

I'm kind of grossed out by all the hate this woman is getting in the thread. I guess that's the price to pay when you are a successful and popular young female in a male-dominated environment and you happen to lose.

Here's the thread where Rashad lost to Lyoto

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362217

Rashad's knockout face/pose is the most popular meme in MMA. That happened in 2009 and it's still common to see.

Here's the thread where Anderson lost to Weidman

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613601

People loved Anderson because he was clearly an amazing fighter, but at that point he no longer had any drive in the sport, which led to him constantly acting like a goofball during fights. So people were hoping that he'd get his ass beat. And that's just what happened.

Here's the thread where Hendo beat Bisping

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16552097

Bisping was despised for his cocky attitude and people just couldn't wait for this to happen.

dream

Here's the thread where Rashad lost to Lyoto

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362217

Rashad's knockout face/pose is the most popular meme in MMA. That happened in 2009 and it's still common to see.

Here's the thread where Anderson lost to Weidman

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613601

People loved Anderson because he was clearly an amazing fighter, but at that point he no longer had any drive in the sport, which led to him constantly acting like a goofball during fights. So people were hoping that he'd get his ass beat. And that's just what happened.

Here's the thread where Hendo beat Bisping

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16552097

Bisping was despised for his cocky attitude and people just couldn't wait for this to happen.

Yeah. UFC-Gaf memebrs tend to be pro wrestling marks who like "good guys."

It grosses me out. You have been particularly distasteful and full of bile. Which is quite ironic seeing as though some of your justification has been that she's a classless person.

You've shown zero yourself.

All these grossed out people. My goodness.

Here's a fun little exercise, Captain, go through this thread and find one of my posts where I describe Ronda as "classless".

Anung

Un Rama

This kind of thing boils my piss because it hasn't been about her sex until you brought it up. People aren't reveling in it because a woman got beat up and 'lol women in sports ain't that cute' like you're trying to suggest. People are happy that an athlete known to mouth off and say stupid shit got a slice of humble pie. (from another female athlete who seems quite personable)

People are reacting like they would for any athlete of any gender in any other profession who gets wrecked.

oneils

According to Joe Rogan's twitter feed, he is doing a post event podcast on the flight back home. Dana White will be joining the cast and it will be available tomorrow morning.

This is going to be interesting!

According to Joe Rogan's twitter feed, he is doing a post even podcast on the flight back home. Dana White will be joining the cast and it will be available tomorrow morning.

This is going to be interesting!

Thanks for the heads up!

Rousey was so sloppy, really curious what Rogan has to say.

Guys, we are no longer allowed to celebrate when someone loses at a sport. We should celebrate the loser just as much as the winner. It's fucking grosse that some of you aren't.

My opinion of her shifted for the worse when I heard her on the Joe Rogan podcast. I could've sworn at one point she was level headed, but now (or at least before the match) she seems... unpleasant.

Please no!

I like both of them tbh, but I just like Aldo's attitude a bit more. Conor is basically a WWE heel but at least he's had really entertaining fights to back it all up, for now that is.

Even if McGregor wins, it doesn't mean he'll keep winning forever.

There's always someone else, always.

Busty

Banned
*Dana White looking bummed out*[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he is raging at this outcome because there is no way that Holly Holm is anywhere near as marketable as Rousey is.

The more intriguing development however is the thought of Rousey not getting a title rematch until this time next year and how her public perception changes when she isn't the champion never mind such a dominate force with MMA.

Will she still get all these film deals and interviews on late night talk shows if Holly Holm is able to have a title run of her own?

[quote="Napoleonthechimp, post: 185595797"]My opinion of her shifted for the worse when I heard her on the Joe Rogan podcast. I could've sworn at one point she was level headed, but now (or at least before the match) she seems... unpleasant.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. I suppose it's inevitable that her ego would swell given her extraordinary run in the sport, but unpleasant?

Would love to see Dana's face if McGregor gets KO'd.

He needs Bones back fast.

Will she still get all these film deals and interviews on late night talk shows if Holly Holm is able to have a title run of her own?

I'd imagine that she's already signed contracts for the films, so she's locked into those. She said that she wanted to do some between now and UFC200. But the interviews are another story. Her interviews were heavily built around how she was unbeatable. There's even a video of her talking to Michael Wilbon and asking him what's more likely between her losing or the Cubs winning the World Series. I'm sure we'll still see her on programs, but it's not going to be anything like it was before.

Busty

Banned
I'd imagine that she's already signed contracts for the films, so she's locked into those. She said that she wanted to do some between now and UFC200. But the interviews are another story. Her interviews were heavily built around how she was unbeatable. There's even a video of her talking to Michael Wilbon and asking him what's more likely between her losing or the Cubs winning the World Series. I'm sure we'll still see her on programs, but it's not going to be anything like it was before.

That's true, this whole thing reminds me of when Lennox Lewis was knocked out by Hasim Rahman after accusations that he barely attended training camp as he was filming a cameo in Ocean's Eleven and his hubris got the better of him. Ms Rousey she definitely had paid heed to "pride cometh before a fall".

While Rousey wasn't distracted by filming I do feel like Holly Holm probably didn't get the best Ronda Rousey owing to various distractions and that if she can pull it together for the/a rematch (a UFC 200?) it could be a different proposition altogether.

oneils

Anyone here know if they released the buy stats? I've read that it set an attendance record and that it was fourth for gate proceeds. I wonder how the event stacked up for ppv buys.

Please no!

I like both of them tbh, but I just like Aldo's attitude a bit more. Conor is basically a WWE heel but at least he's had really entertaining fights to back it all up, for now that is.

Don't worry, Aldo will wreck McGregor. He's better than him at everything.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ronda Rousey said:
She's definitely the biggest threat to me. She's the type of fighter you have to be very, very patient with. She's going to try and keep [her] distance, keep far away from me and get me frustrated to the point where I'm going to make a mistake and she can try to kick me in the head - but it's not going to go like that!
From The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon.

Well at atleast she knew what was coming just was wholly incapable of doing anything against it :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom