• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of grossed out by all the hate this woman is getting in the thread. I guess that's the price to pay when you are a successful and popular young female in a male-dominated environment and you happen to lose.

I love how you're ignoring everything people have been saying about her to make it about sexism or some other nonsense.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of grossed out by all the hate this woman is getting in the thread. I guess that's the price to pay when you are a successful and popular young female in a male-dominated environment and you happen to lose.

no the comments she has made about sandy hook and other shit is her undoing and the hate

she has spoken so much shit these last few weeks she couldnt run around holly like she was doing with her mouth in the end

Dereck

Post in a thread with over 3,000 posts and make a statement like this, go read.

Had to edit in that last part to make it sound like people commenting about her because shes a woman huh?

FOH! Mayweather would be getting just as much shit thrown at him as Rousey if he got dominated in a match after all his shit-talking.

Archer

You're not wrong to feel this way. I hope its simply some ppl wanting to trash talk because its sports but don't really mean it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
12256683_1711238092446282_1553466392_n.jpg

Holy shit I'm barfing right now lol

fader

Just avoid this thread if this is bothering you. Trust me, complaining wont do any good.

You should of been here when Anderson Silva broke his leg.

Gender don't matter, they're gonna get ragged.

You should retreat to a safe space and write your feelings out then post them on a blog.
That's grand, coming from you, Angelus.

It's more like balance being brought to the force after all the felating and chest beating that occurred over the past several months.

Doesn't help that she's a bit classless as of late.
Obviously! I guess I was just expecting such an avalanche of negative comments. Maybe it's an online thing? Real-life reactions to her loss last night were kinda muted with crowd I was with.

no the comments she has made about sandy hook and other shit is her undoing and the hate

she has spoken so much shit these last few weeks she couldnt run around holly like she was doing with her mouth in the end
In a way, I kinda consider this to be part of the job, it's almost like a WWE persona. It's part of the promotion. It's how they get people talking about the upcoming fight and whatnot.

Just avoid this thread if this is bothering you. Trust me, complaining wont do any good.

You should of been here when Anderson Silva broke his leg.

Gender don't matter, they're gonna get ragged.
Yes probably. I guess I was just surprised to see so much of it. She has made some pretty questionable comments but she made the sport more mainstream and more accessible to the average person. It reminded me of the GSP wave of popularity. Heck, I know many women who got interested in UFC because of her. It's just that seeing comments like "I'm glad she lost" feels a bit.. over the top to me?

Squalor

You're not wrong to feel this way. I hope its simply some ppl wanting to trash talk because its sports but don't really mean it.
He is wrong to feel this way.

She's getting clowned because she got knocked out.

She's getting clowned because she has a shitty attitude.

She's getting clowned because she has dumb-ass ideas about 9/11 and Sandy Hook.

She's getting clowned because she can't act.

We don't care that she's a woman. Men get treatment that's just as bad, if not worse.

ironcreed

Banned

Go have a look at her latest comments on Twitter and Instagram, research and watch how she acts and treats others and you might start to get glimpse of why people don't like her as a person or as a champion. It does not have a damn thing to do with the fact that she is a woman, as she just got beat by another woman. One that also happens to act her age and has some class.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Jon Jones and Money Mayweather eat just as much shit as RR. If Holly Holm doesn't go through a massive ego change she'll be respected through and through like GSP.

It isn't a gender thing, it's an attitude thing.

It's like Conor McGregor. He's a lot like Rousey, an over-confident loudmouth. People love him, people hate him, but if he loses people are gonna go in on Conor HARD.

Ithil

Anderson Silva got mocked plenty after his KO two years ago. Mayweather would have been mocked far more than this had he ever actually been KO'd. If Jon Jones ever gets knocked out there will be people flocking to laugh at his prone body.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

There's pushback because:

She has a terrible attitude and in general seems like an awful person
She's an idiotic conspiracy theorist
The extremely hyperbolic hype machine behind her

So no, it's not because she's a woman.

We don't care that she's a woman. Men get treatment that's just as bad, if not worse.

LeBron got it much worse
so did Lesnar..
and tons of other athletes that pissed people off. it's sports we root for people we like and are happy if people we don't like fail.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
In a way, I kinda consider this to be part of the job, it's almost like a WWE persona. It's part of the promotion. It's how they get people talking about the upcoming fight and whatnot.

you wouldnt like it if i said some tasteful comment about the bataclan happenings the other day would you ? (i have no intentions of doing this its just to make my point clear) so why should ronda get different treatmeant for making tasteful comments about sandy hook etc ?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
FOH! Mayweather would be getting just as much shit thrown at him as Rousey if he got dominated in a match after all his shit-talking.

If Mayweather got dismantled in the way that Ronda did, there would be parades in the streets.

RELIGHT

Banned
Anyone thinking she's getting mocked by Gaf simply because she's a woman has not been paying attention. She's an athlete that happens to be a woman. Her gender is irrelevant here. Her hubris as a champion, classlessness and promoting, has made this loss MUCH more profound than it would have been if she was a do gooder champ. It would have likely been more tragic than hilarious.

RK9039

+1.

What a stupid comment that was. If people here hated successful women in MMA they'd be shitting on Holly Holm as well, but they aren't because no one cares about that stuff. Classless champions always get shit on, doesn't matter what gender they are, look at Jon Jones, heck look at all the negative Mayweather comments. You can't even have a thread about Mayweather without someone bringing up his reading skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom