• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

image.png

This is funny as shit if true. This is starting to look like a Meek Mill pile on.

Agreed, she'll probably come back a lot stronger. They usually do.

It depends on when we see her next since she was taking some time off to do movies after this fight anyway it might be awhile before we see her again which would be the best for her career. She needs to find a real striking coach and get away from that yes man edmond tarverdyan.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ladygaga gets it. not touching gloves is the thing that bothered me most. All that fake promo shit can stay outside the ring but when you're in there you should show your opponent some respect.

Whatever happened to her btw? She was gorgeous.

hollywood

ladygaga gets it. not touching gloves is the thing that bothered me most. All that fake promo shit can stay outside the ring but when you're in there you should show your opponent some respect.

Yup you can see conor is a good person behind all the fake shit because he tries to touche gloves every time.

RELIGHT

Banned

hollywood

And people are wondering why sh'es being described as classless.

This is funny as shit if true. This is starting to look like a Meek Mill pile on.

When she was saying shit like this about Holly just days before the fight:

I think that she'll really enjoy her life a lot more [if she loses]," Rousey said Tuesday at a UFC 193 media day at her Glendale Fighting Club gym. "The life of a champion, I think isn't for everybody. And I think that the life of a contender, it's a lot nicer in a lot of ways. A lot of these girls don't realize until they're the contender and they get all that extra pressure put on that they don't really want that life. I think this kind of environment isn't what Holly would like. I hope that she takes the money that she gets for losing and has a great life that she would like a lot more than this one."

She's the kind of person where after I beat her and she makes a lot of money, I'm like, 'Good for her. Buy yourself a Albuquerque house with that,'" Rousey said. "The last chick (Bethe Correia) it was like, she's a big old bitch, I kicked her ass, she made a lot of money and I'm like, 'Oh well, whatever. Have fun with that.' With Holly, I'll genuinely be happy for her and hope that she accepts her loss in a healthy way and enjoys all the benefits that she got from this fight."

She was sort of asking for people to tear her to shreds if she didn't back up her big words.

dream

do you want me to explain the concept of sportsmanship?

It's just baffling to me that people value the idea of honor and respect so much, almost as if they think they're watching a Tae Kwon Do competition or something. It does explain why UFC pops a massive buyrate whenever they have a "bad guy" fighting a "good guy" though.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's just baffling to me that people value the idea of honor and respect so much, almost as if they think they're watching a Tae Kwon Do competition or something. It does explain why UFC pops a massive buyrate whenever they have a "bad guy" fighting a "good guy" though.

Baffling you say.... ooookaaay then..... *whistles*

dream

Baffling you say.... ooookaaay then..... *whistles*

Well, yeah. It's like they're valuing the wrong thing. The UFC audience at large seems to like cheering for someone who is "classy," and will "fight whomever Joe Silva puts in front of them" than people like Bones Jones or Conor McGregor. In a way, it's very much like a 1950s pro wrestling audience who just wants to see the "good guys" beat the dastardly villains.

ApharmdX

Banned
6nIS0RB.png

Holy shit, when Donald Trump says that you're not a nice person, you're dead.

Also, LOL, I see Anderson Silva still has fans here? How? The guy was a steroid cheat his whole career, and he got outclassed by Weidman, twice. "Fluke"? Are you kidding me?

I'm kind of grossed out by all the hate this woman is getting in the thread. I guess that's the price to pay when you are a successful and popular young female in a male-dominated environment and you happen to lose.

I'm a fan of Rousey the fighter but she's shown unsportsmanlike conduct so many times, that the hate is well-deserved. Including not touching gloves last night when Holly Holm reached out to her. When you act in an unsportsmanlike fashion, and get KTFO, people will celebrate. That's part of the risk.

ApharmdX

Banned
Well, yeah. It's like they're valuing the wrong thing. The UFC audience at large seems to like cheering for someone who is "classy," and will "fight whomever Joe Silva puts in front of them" than people like Bones Jones or Conor McGregor. In a way, it's very much like a 1950s pro wrestling audience who just wants to see the "good guys" beat the dastardly villains.

Bones is a terrible human being in his person life. Ronda Rousey is, in her own words, a domestic abuser. It's not just in-ring antics. Though with some guys (Rumble Johnson) I do agree with you.

What exactly is it about the martial art known as Taekwondo that makes it more worthy of honor and respect in your eyes in comparison to mixed martial arts where honor and respect doesn't matter to you?

dream

I kind of see where Magical Sound Shower is coming from. Fedor Emelianeko's first loss was a much bigger deal to MMA fans, and even that thread is a fraction of the size of this.

But Ronda does have more cultural relevance than Fedor, and I think that tends to attract a lot of "casual" fans who just want to gloat about someone whom they are only tangentially aware of losing a fight.

I kind of see where Magical Sound Shower is coming from. Fedor Emelianeko's first loss was a much bigger deal to MMA fans, and even that thread is a fraction of the size of this.

But Ronda does have more cultural relevance than Fedor, and I think that tends to attract a lot of "casual" fans who just want to gloat about someone whom they are only tangentially aware of losing a fight.

Or it's the simple fact that she has been acting like a huge asshole and everyone is experiencing huge schadenfreude from watching her get annihilated in the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom