• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

I kind of see where Magical Sound Shower is coming from. Fedor Emelianeko's first loss was a much bigger deal to MMA fans, and even that thread is a fraction of the size of this.

But Ronda does have more cultural relevance than Fedor, and I think that tends to attract a lot of "casual" fans who just want to gloat about someone whom they are only tangentially aware of losing a fight.

Your attempts at passive aggressive snark is weak.

RELIGHT

Banned
It's like this is Magic's first encounter with professional sports lol

Do you realize the history of top athletes and their largest failures being celebrated worldwide?

Please google, Lebron James, and Tom Brady. I bet you can't make it through 3 images before there is a gif about their failure of some kind.

This is what happens when a spectacular star athelete shows disrespect to the game and then loses. Lebron with his damn "DECISION" then "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4....". Brady with his "they think we're just going to score 14 points?!?!"

Rhonda had this shit coming. And I think her hubris was so large that she absolutely will not recover from this.

ExhaustedWindingDassie.gif

This can't be quoted enough.

s24XH.gif

http://i.imgur.com/6nIS0RB.png[img]
[img]http://s7.postimg.org/gwfox8ze3/image.png[img]
[img]http://s16.postimg.org/h91kn3uit/image.png[img][/QUOTE]
I had a hard time believing these were real so I checked...damn that's amazing. Shade from all over yo.
[quote="Ninja Scooter, post: 185610392"]When she was saying shit like this about Holly just days before the fight:

She was sort of asking for people to tear her to shreds if she didn't back up her big words.[/QUOTE]
Damn, damn, damn. Didn't see that stuff said. She was cruisin' for a bruisin' if she lost alright. No wonder everyone and their mama is piling on.

Yaari

When she was saying shit like this about Holly just days before the fight:

She was sort of asking for people to tear her to shreds if she didn't back up her big words.

Oh man. Those quotes. She said some outrageously dumb shit, and while I'm aware of most of it, sometimes you just discover a hidden gem. Wow.

Hey Dude

Banned
rogan podcast is going to be tasty as fuck, i need a damn ETA
I hope rogan finally has the nuts to admit Ronda is an awful striker. I dont want to hear about luck or getting caught or holm just having her number. He needs to comment on ronda getting terribly exposed.

-MD-

I hope rogan finally has the nuts to admit Ronda is an awful striker. I dont want to hear about luck or getting caught or holm just having her number. He needs to comment on ronda getting terribly exposed.

If he does it's probably not going to be when Dana is sitting next to him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

did you catch the commentary? joe was QUICK to say she was getting washed while goldberg was trying to make excuses

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
A career built on hype and garbage opponents is now over.

I dont think she had garbage opponents, any opponent can win with the proper training and gameplan. Rousey simply went in with the wrong gameplan and tried to go toe to toe with a boxer, meanwhile she should have went for multiple takedowns, chased far less and went for a submission finish. She did to much chasing.

RELIGHT

Banned
Wasn't much of a face if she's talking shit like that at the end. Seems like she's always heelish in some way.

Maybe so but at the time she was generally beloved. Plus she gets a pass there.

For the past several months shes pulled true heelish behavior.

He was forced to admit she had "holes in her striking technique" during the match. I thought it was hilarious he had to admit it after claiming Rousey was the greatest female fighter weve seen in combat sport. Ole Joe gets too caught up in being a promotional shill for UFC.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Edmond
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14133416/holly-holm-kos-ronda-rousey-second-round-ufc-193
"The game plan was pressing," Tarverdyan said. "We knew Holly Holm was going to keep the distance. So we had to feint and get inside and pressure the right way so we can get on the side of the cage. And we've talked about that and Holly Holm did a good job with moving today and stayed calm.

"I wouldn't say in the striking game she was getting the best of Ronda, you know, but I have to watch it again. But we know this was not a striking match; we know that Ronda is smart enough to take the fight where she is best at and today she did. Holly stopped an attempt on an armbar and stopped some of the takedowns. She did a good job."
0161_dyaix.gif

Not really. She didn't know Ronda's father committed suicide before she made the comment.

That part is revisionist and an excuse she made after the fact. The woman knew Rousey's life intimately enough to know she did drugs after the Olympics and yet didn't know about the suicide? The part about drugs never came to light until her book was published which also went heavily into her fathers death.

Bethe was being pretty messed up in the lead up to that fight.

Hey Dude

Banned
did you catch the commentary? joe was QUICK to say she was getting washed while goldberg was trying to make excuses
He wont outright say rousey is terrible. Hes going to hype up holm instead.

On one of his podcasts Cerrone called him out when he said Ronda beat Correia with beautiful technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom