• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Conor's friend lost the finale and Frankie ko'ed in great fashion Chad quicker than he did. I think even it's just a little bit, someone somewhere tonight is shook by it.

Didn't Conor talked about going up to lightweight if he wins against Aldo tomorrow? And that he would stay in featherweight only if Frankie would win in great fashion with a TKO or Knockout? I swear I remember something like that, he might have changed tunes though since.

Barboza Vs. Ferguson finish: (too bad the takedown being defended just before didn't make the cut in the gif tho)

giphy.gif

Frankie Vs. Chad finish:

Oh and during the AMA with Holly Holm, a fan broke out singing just too good to be true with the whole crowd going at it cheering, singing along and dancing. Just awesome stuff, check it down below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZPKZS1_Fc&feature=youtu.be&t=2514

Warn everyone that it's all the way at the end in case they don't want to sit through the cringe. My god ufc fans are the worst.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Huh? Dude has gotten so many undeserved rematch title shots it's insane.

I really feel like the rematches that other fighters got against Edgar somehow get counted against him. Dude is one of the most underrated fighters out there and he's put on some of the most exciting fight in the UFC's history. Can't ask for much more than that.

ApharmdX

Banned
Ryan Hall wasn't to blame for the boring fight. He kept hunting for the finish. If he didn't train with Artem and McGregor on their sub defense, Artem would have been submitted in the first round. Blame Artem for not throwing punches, he fought not to win but fought to not get submitted.

Hall should have gotten a clean takedown and worked from there or just abandoned positions when he went nowhere. Or Herb Dean should have stood him up. Too many stalemates where Artem was just defending, and there was minimal offense from Hall.

It was one of the worst UFC fights I have seen in over a decade of following MMA. On the level of Quarry/Starnes maybe. Hall has no UFC future, and Artem will need advantageous matchups or he gets wrecked. Too many good wrestlers in the UFC for these guys.

nilbog21

Banned
So Conor's friend lost the finale and Frankie ko'ed in great fashion Chad quicker than he did. I think even it's just a little bit, someone somewhere tonight is shook by it.

Didn't Conor talked about going up to lightweight if he wins against Aldo tomorrow? And that he would stay in featherweight only if Frankie would win in great fashion with a TKO or Knockout? I swear I remember something like that, he might have changed tunes though since.

Barboza Vs. Ferguson finish: (too bad the takedown being defended just before didn't make the cut in the gif tho)

giphy.gif

Frankie Vs. Chad finish:

Oh and during the AMA with Holly Holm, a fan broke out singing just too good to be true with the whole crowd going at it cheering, singing along and dancing. Just awesome stuff, check it down below:

holy shit these fans are out of control

holly should be allowed to just fight everyone in the crowd

I really feel like the rematches that other fighters got against Edgar somehow get counted against him. Dude is one of the most underrated fighters out there and he's put on some of the most exciting fight in the UFC's history. Can't ask for much more than that.

Agree to disagree. I think 99% of his fights are him shadowboxing a bunch. I admit, I am shocked he actually landed a punch but Mendes probably also didn't expect any actual punches to connect.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member

giphy.gif

Frankie Vs. Chad finish:

Already have a thread for the rush guy who sang to Holly

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1155431

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? Dude has gotten so many undeserved rematch title shots it's insane.
Like, one? BJ got a rematch against him (deserved) and so did Maynard (also deserved). Henderson was the only rematch Frankie got against a champ (and although I didn't think he deserved it in the first place I thought he won the second fight). I guess you could argue that he didn't deserve a shot at Aldo for his first fight at 145.

Warn everyone that it's all the way at the end in case they don't want to sit through the cringe. My god ufc fans are the worst.

The link I gave should already put you at the right time in the video. It doesn't?

I just got back in. Is that the first round of the Meideros Vs Makdessi fight?

Damn! that knockdown there at the end of the round out of nowhere! lol Nice left hook under the right.

Ah fuck it's already done. damnit. They looked fresh as if it was the first lol. Was it a good fight? Medeiros and Makdessi can both put on some good fights usually.

Magomed is intense.

None of you still in the thread watched the fights on fight pass? Magomed made short work of Proctor there.

I missed Fight Pass on the 10th due to TWC fucking up my move into my new place. I JUST got it sorted today, not having the internet for a week was fucking brutal.

Got beer and pizza ready for 194.

Apparently Conor re-hydrated up to 174 lbs for tonight.

I need a source on that. If it's true it's disgusting the guy is allowed to fight at 145. I have very little respect for guys who cuts as much weight to get the biggest advantage they can comes fight night. (even if they must suffer a ton doing it)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just have to say that I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that neither Weidman or Aldo (again) pulled out. Just amazed.

Tesseract

Banned
conor is gonna be sluggish as fuck and gas out hard if those rehydration numbers are accurate (not precise)

i iv'd once for fun and felt like bulky form super saiyan future trunks, every punch made me sweat a bottle of water

That dude could have knocked his own ass out with that slam to get out of the guillotine lol.

conor is gonna be sluggish as fuck and gas out hard if those rehydration numbers are accurate (not precise)
Some people take much better than others to rehydration. If the numbers are accurate, you can bet your ass it ain't the first time he's gotten to around the same # before.

With the IV ban, the UFC should make it their goal to weight in the fighters right before the fight and put in some strict limitations on how much a cut should be limited to. Not only for the advantage it gives but for the health of those fighters they promote.

Tesseract

Banned
That dude could have knocked his own ass out with that slam to get out of the guillotine lol.

Some people take much better than others to rehydration. If the numbers are accurate, you can bet your ass it ain't the first time he's gotten to around the same # before.

true that, guess we'll see

god i can't wait for this fight, been waiting so long

i'm irish so i'll be rooting for conor, although i could do without his ali mind games

Mike's ok. If you think he's worse now, you clearly weren't watching him back in the day when he first started.

Been watching for years but didn't catch him at the start, he just comes out with ridiculous stuff and gets basics wrong that you'd think he'd get right after this many years.

Not his fault he has to shoehorn the terrible ads in either, can't help having to do that mid fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom