• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more saturday is approaching and every little thing Conor did comes on screen again, the more I wish him defeat.

Worst thing in my opinion that he did is when at one of the press conferences he childishly took Aldo's belt from the table where Aldo was chilling. The guy has literally no respect for what the belt represents and his champion that went through much, much more admirable adversity than he did to obtain it and keep it. It disgusted me then and still does today.

Conor needs to mature and a hell of a needed dose of modesty. Personality wise I just can't stand him, but he's proven he's got the skills to be in the same cage even though he had a much easier road due to his giant blabbering mouth and the stupendous support of the Irish people.

May Aldo win and make Conor comeback more respectful, stronger and wiser. It's time for Aldo to shine again. Aldo by decision or late stoppage in the championship rounds.

Gonzaga is just biding his time. Waiting for the perfect moment.

Edit: Okay, I don't even know how to score that round.

Well, that was something alright.

TenseClutteredChameleon.gif
Why does Dana white dress like this?

Its something I sadly look forward to every weigh in, its hilarious
Go back to 2003/4 I think when chuck fought in pride. Dana was guest commentator. He was polite, well spoken and we'll dressed. He had no ego and he actually acted like a proper human. His voice completely changed once he started lifting and doing roids as well. He's a complete meathead now compared to how he used to be.

shwimpy

lol, Vince bought some ad-space on the cage. i see an ad for wwe 2k16.

edit - i guess technically 2k did but funny nonetheless.

Sucks how late the marquee fight is. I haven't seen 12:30 in a long time lol. Might have to set my alarm.

Put on that Kawajiri fight while at it and you'll be drifting off to sleep in a few. Grinders are the worst this sport has. Worst of it is that Kawijiri has been in great wars in Japan, but nowadays in the UFC he's just the worst.

Now this is just awkward. Good, referee had enough of the human pretzel lol! Would have been a outstanding inverted crucifix from the new guy though if Tatsuya didn't have that knee in the right position.

Guru-Guru

Banned
If Rogan decides to retire, Stann should take his position over on the PPV cards. He's always does a really good job, has useful insight, doesn't do none of the hyperbole shit that Rogan does too.

I wish the ufc would go to a 3 man team. Throw someone fun in there.

Ahh if only Bas Rutten was more known in the US, that would be perfect lol.

The heck is Lauzon doing? He needs to get it to the ground the guy is a fucking wizard with his ground game and he's not even trying to bring it there.

Wow while I'm writing he finally tries a takedown! Dunham is giving him a striking clinic lol.

Lauzon simply didn't show for the fight it seems. A rare case for him really.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Lauzon simply didn't show for the fight it seems. A rare case for him really.
I don't think it's a case of him not showing up, I honestly believe it's the wear and tear on his body that is taking its toll. He's past his physical prime, has been in so many wars, and taken an insane amount of damage over his career.

I'm looking forward to Ferguson doing some weird shit like he does in every fight.

I don't think it's a case of him not showing up, I honestly believe it's the wear and tear on his body that is taking its toll. He's past his physical prime, has been in so many wars, and taken an insane amount of damage over his career.

I'm looking forward to Ferguson doing some weird shit like he does in every fight.

I don't believe that at all for Joe Lauzon, he's always been a less than stellar striker and Dunham closed his game really early in the fight with quick combinations, proper footwork and volume striking.
Joe always been more of a fighter who takes his takedown from the clinch and wasn't able to get close enough in this fight. Still, we've seen him be hungry enough to still be able to attain the clinch with better striker than him. I still believe he's a good fighter that still has some to give, some fighters just have off fights aka "don't show up" and I believe that's what happened. He didn't seem to have the same drive.

Ferguson and Barboza also has the potential to be fight of the night on paper, just hope it goes up to it,s potential compared to the Lauzon/Dunham fight. Barboza is very technical where as Ferguson is very versatile and unorthodox.

That flying heel hook attempt! love that shit!! lol

FUCK! (illegal upkick from Tony.)

Awesome fight right now!!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm not even all that into MMA and I'm curious about the Aldo v. McGregor fight. Definitely interested to see how it turns out after the Rousey v. Holmes fight a little while ago.

That duck from Ferguson! lmao no chance of him being hit that way I guess when you duck so low you hit the canvas..

NOOOOooooooooOOOoooooo. Damnit! Good victory for Ferguson that's for damn sure. That was a fucking amazing sequence of a scramble from the takedown defense to the sub though. WOW

dream

Wow, so not only is Eddy Barboza the next big thing who doesn't have a chin, he's also the next big thing with no sub defense.

Chesskid1

Banned
great job by tony locking in the choke in those few seconds that opportunity was there

hoping mendes and edgar will be as good, edgar has been kinda boring lately

I wonder how many of these expert analysts talking about how Wiedman is gonna win easily actually watched him fight anyone other than 40 year old Brazilians.

i wanna see more liver shots, that shit destroys you

Body strikes are definitely being under used in MMA, but it's slowly getting there, you can see more fighters implementing them in their arsenal year after year. Though strikes to the right side of the body doesn't necessarily means it's a liver strike. Liver strikes will drop you or make you defensless for a while since the pain is so excruciating, if it doesn't it only means it was a body strike.

Ryan Hall is probably gonna get KTFO right now, unless he gets in a kneebar opportunity.

Holy shit lol. Look at that nonchalant smirk face of his lmao. (hall)

The other guy with a weird name needs to defend this the best he can, he's got bricks for hands, so he wants this to be on the feet where Hall is pretty much useless.

Did Artem throw a single punch before that takedown

Don't think so, no. Hall was keeping distance with "range finding" kicks until he went for the rolling kneebar or flying heelhook or whatever the numerous names it could possibly have lmao.. (I'm clearly not a BJJ guy.)

Artem is a ugly ass puncher but man does he hits hard.

Tesseract

Banned
Body strikes are definitely being under used in MMA, but it's slowly getting there, you can see more fighters implementing them in their arsenal year after year. Though strikes to the right side of the body doesn't necessarily means it's a liver strike. Liver strikes will drop you or make you defensless for a while since the pain is so excruciating, if it doesn't it only means it was a body strike.

Ryan Hall is probably gonna get KTFO right now, unless he gets in a kneebar opportunity.

totally. when i first got liver shotted in the gym, i couldn't believe how incapacitating it was.

bas rutten is the fucking liver shot goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPF2oShAME <-- ruptured liver, holy fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom