• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the source on McGregor putting on like 20% of his body weight in 24hrs?

That shit's crazy.

A bad accident is waiting to happen in UFC.

-MD-

What's the source on McGregor putting on like 20% of his body weight in 24hrs?

That shit's crazy.

A bad accident is waiting to happen in UFC.

Diego, apparently. Least that's who I see people sourcing, not sure where he heard it.

xc3VdxL.png

webkatt

This might be a dumb question but are there fighters who don't do the dehydrate thing?

Like if the weight limit is 150lbs, they just weigh near 150 on a normal basis

Or do all of them pack on muscle and weight like 180-200, dehydrate to come in at the limit of 150lbs then rehydrate?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This might be a dumb question but are there fighters who don't do the dehydrate thing?

Or do all of them pack on muscle and weight like 180-200, dehydrate to come in at the limit of 150lbs then rehydrate?

heavyweights

-MD-

Mostly heavyweights.

Frankie at 155 was probably the closest to that. BJ Penn often ate himself into higher weight classes. When he fought Lyoto at heavyweight, it looked like two fat overgrown babies in diapers fighting each other.

Fitts

Unfortunately, cutting has been a thing in combat sports/grappling/etc forever. To my knowledge there's no fighter currently competing below heavyweight who doesn't cut in the UFC but the roster is some 500 strong so I'm not 100% certain.

Might be retired now, but BJ Penn would fight at 191lbs vs a 220lbs Machida in open weight back in the day. (BJ's natural run when fighting was at 155).

Went up to fight GSP, Matt Hughes, Nick Diaz, Rory Macdonald and Jon Fitch at welterweight too. The guy certainly wasn't afraid to fight against bigger than him.

(BJ vs. Sean Sherk)
2098559_o.gif

bj-penn_joe-stevenson.gif

(watch BJ's right elbow (our left))

It's rare for a fighter outside of heavyweight to not do any kind of cut. Some fighters only cut a few pounds, like Frankie Edgar. A lot of the women at 135 lbs don't cut much since they are actually 125 lbs fighters with no division to go to.

What's most impressive about Edgar is he won the belt at 155 lbs, which is probably two weight classes above where he could be.

jacket320

Hey, quick question. How many fights left until the main event? Friends are telling me it's about to start but I thought I had some time to stop by the store etc for beer, thanks!

-MD-

Hey, quick question. How many fights left until the main event? Friends are telling me it's about to start but I thought I had some time to stop by the store etc for beer, thanks!

This fight + 4 more and then it's the main event. You have like 2+ hours.

Main card starts right after this fight.

Great first round. Everytime Faber throws those elbows in short range or to break out of the clinch it reminds me of when he broked both of his hands in the Mike Brown fight. Crazy bastard would fight only with elbows the rest of the fight.

This fight + 4 more and then it's the main event. You have like 2+ hours.

Main card starts right after this fight.
I'm sure he meant main card.

Daaaamn, what a start to the 2nd round!

Ha sorry...I don't know what an RNC is and I can't even tell who is spraying blood on who.

RNC = Rear Naked Choke
It's the choke being applied around the neck.

And the blood is from the guy being choked out, it's being sprayed from the cut that had opened from a elbow on his head before in the fight. Very gruesome stuff. I remember showing that to my friends back in the day that wern't much into the sport yet... Thinking back on it, I could have scared them away for good from the sport lol, but it ended up being the opposite and they pretty much all started following it.

RNC = Rear Naked Choke
It's the choke being applied around the neck.

And the blood is from the guy being choked out, it's being sprayed from the cut that had opened from a elbow on his head before in the fight. Very gruesome stuff. I remember showing that to my friends back in the day that wern't much into the sport yet... Thinking back on it, I could have scared them away for good from the sport lol, but it ended up being the opposite and they pretty much all started following it.

Yeah, just watched the whole match...pretty fucking gnarly haha. I just wasn't sure if the amount of blood had something to do with all the hydrating stuff everyone was talking about.

Haven't really watched UFC since the Tank Abbott days so I don't know much about the sport.

Last minute predictions, guys?

I'm going with Aldo.

Aldo, Weidman & Holloway.

The best trifecta choice.

Yeah, just watched the whole match...pretty fucking gnarly haha. I just wasn't sure if the amount of blood had something to do with all the hydrating stuff everyone was talking about.

Haven't really watched UFC since the Tank Abbott days so I don't know much about the sport.

damn! you have a lot of catching up on some greeaaat fights. hit me up in PM if you'd like some fights recommendations (I'm more of a lower weight class kind of guy though and there's some WEC ones that cannot be overlooked also..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom