• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

We just witnessed a full on WWE / UFC hybrid

yeah, and frankly other than the main event it sucked pretty hard

like it was a laugh watching punk feed himself to someone I guess but most of the fights on this card turned out pretty bad

stick to putting together great fights please the stories will happen on their own

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
If I was a conspiracy theorists I would have something to say about this being the most wrestling like UFC card ever the night a wrestler debuts.

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK WAS TONIGHT

SRTtoZ

I'm at work can someone explain what happened with overeem?

He got KO'd but earlier in the round he had Stipe rocked and went for a guillotine and had it pretty tight but Stipe recovered. After the fight Overeem said he felt a tap, Rogan showed him the replay twice and there was no tap, he left with his tail between his legs.

Yaari

He got a knockdown in the early first, went for a guillotine. Claimed he felt Miocic tapping.

I kinda feel bad for him being put on the spot like that after just being knocked out. If he took a look at the footage later he would've seen it wasn't true. Now he was put on the spot and came of pretty bad. Kinda shitty after already being knocked out.

Reem had a gameplan his last few fight. Don't know what happened to that tonight.

He tried at the start but seemed to have problems sticking by it after getting tagged a few times. His striking defense is so god awful though. He's a K1 champ but his striking defense in MMA is just plain bad, everything slips through. Not good taking heavyweight punches like that.

ScribbleD

Finally recovered from the cackle fit the post-fight interview sent me into. I know people like to give Rogan shit, but that was legitimately he funniest post-fight interviews I've ever seen thanks to Overeem's bullshitting and Joe calling him out to fact check on the spot with MULTIPLE slow-mo camera angles. I was *dying*

What a carny event, gentlemen. See you on the next one: hopefully this neck of the GAF will be more welcoming to their Wrasslin GAF family.

Lmao "lets watch it LIVE, where do you see the tap?"

Overeem:
b4fde346-a0b4-44c1-84c1-08cac1958247.gif

Oscar

He dropped Miocic, then failed at securing a guillotine.

What ensued was an awkward running defense and then suddenly throwing a bomb. Tagged Miocic a few times pretty well, but he eventually gets cornered by Miocic, dropped, then GnP'd for the finish.

Afterwards, Overeem contested that he felt Miocic tap so joe rogan had them show a replay from two different angles, there was no tap so Overeem looked like a goof there.

Does anyone in this weight class have a chin at this point. Seems like at the top level anyone can get KO'd.

Did you not just see Travis Browne get the shit kicked out of him for three rounds? Cain got a chin. JDS got a chin. Stipe got a chin. Everyone can get knocked out, at any weight, especially at heavyweight, but there are heavyweights that can take a punch.

Alistair Overeem is not one of them, and that's not that too surprising considering he's been fighting for 20+ years, most of which against top level competition.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rogan is right its probably not a good idea to interview people who have been knocked out, its unfair to them

Verendus

Banned
This is one of the most bizarre PPVs I've watched though.

Punk being mauled then crying. Probably having a moment with all his fans who are crying away right now. This fight should have happened in Dana's basement instead.

Werdum pulling out a flying kick in a showcase of a match that had a guy ask for timeout because he hurt his finger.

And one of the oddest main events ever that's capped off with Overeem saying he felt Stipe tap for The Rock.

It was somewhat entertaining.

Esque7

Don't say fuck Cleveland unless you're from Cleveland. This city has been through enough so it's nice to have a bone thrown this way once every century.

Do you remember the Starnes vs Quarry fight? 50% of the fight was like that with Reem being Starnes, except then he'd stop and they would actually throw blows. Reem threw a perfect punch to Stipe's jaw and knocked him down, then went for a guillotine and lost it, then ran a lap around the cage. Then got taken down and ko'ed with Stipe in his guard. He was out for a while. He claimed Stipe tapped but the ref didn't stop it. Joe showed the replay and said sorry, no.

Oscar

Don't say fuck Cleveland unless you're from Cleveland. This city has been through enough so it's nice to have a bone thrown this way once every century.

I'm a bit drunk, so forgive my ignorance. What has Cleveland been through? Please don't be referring to that "sports curse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom