• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I skipped this PPV because I had a feeling it'd be shit.

For those that saw both which was worse, UFC 200 or UFC 203?

200 easily. This was entertaining in a bizarre carny way

RK9039

untitled-5eguae.gif

untitled-679ut8.gif

DDW6De0.gif

THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!!!!!

0b09b07a937ad01f7a6b8ae3567cc8.gif

Werdum's kick alone was worth it.

they'll be good for this event because everyone wanted to know the answer about punk

if they do wind up putting him on a card again it won't have the same effect now that there's really no doubt everyone was right

if he does come back they should put him at the beginning of the prelims.

If Punk really wants to continue to fight the issue going forward for Dana is how do you promote him? The guy got absolutely starched. It was an embarrassment. There's no way you can legitimately try and sell people on another fight of his as a major part of a PPV card. Hell at this point probably not even a Fox card. Can he justify whatever it is they are paying him?

I skipped this PPV because I had a feeling it'd be shit.

For those that saw both which was worse, UFC 200 or UFC 203?

200 was worth it for Cain throwing spinning shit, Aldo putting on a clinic against Edgar, and Nunes claiming the title with shock and awe.

203 was more enjoyable though and a lot less disappointing. Plus the pure fuckery of this card is priceless.

Dmented

Banned
So glad Werdum kicked that piece of shit Edmond. Fuck him.

Edit: LOL looking at the gif. Wtf did he think he was going to do to Werdum. Fucking idiot.

M_A_C

This is one of the most bizarre PPVs I've watched though.

Punk being mauled then crying. Probably having a moment with all his fans who are crying away right now. This fight should have happened in Dana's basement instead.

Werdum pulling out a flying kick in a showcase of a match that had a guy ask for timeout because he hurt his finger.

And one of the oddest main events ever that's capped off with Overeem saying he felt Stipe tap for The Rock.

It was somewhat entertaining.

Also
UnsightlyCleanCrow.gif

https://twitter.com/CoachEdmund/status/774821965857189888?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I got a ton of respect for Punk, yeah he got overmatched in every sense of the word, but the dude put the work in and put his money where his mouth is.

MMA, or, well fighting in general tends to make the loser look like a wimp or someone you could beat up in 5th grade, but if any of you had the training Punk had in the last two years youd be badasses in your own right

If Punk really wants to continue to fight the issue going forward for Dana is how do you promote him? The guy got absolutely starched. It was an embarrassment. There's no way you can legitimately try and sell people on another fight of his as a major part of a PPV card. Hell at this point probably not even a Fox card. Can he justify whatever it is they are paying him?
Make him fight Urijah, it's a toss up.

Have him fight an audience member chosen right before the fight.

Jerm411

It's a great question....pull someone out of retirement and make some sort of weird off kilter "super fight"....? I mean who that is, I have no clue but I have no idea what you do with him...

Shit maybe bring in that guy that talked shit to him at the Q&A and wanted to fight him lol......?

Verendus

Banned
If DC beats Rumble and Cain doesn't have the title, then I'd like him to fight for the HW title. If he wins it and retires it, dude cements himself as an even bigger legend of the sport.
I wouldn't mind seeing that fight.

Stipe "I tapped for The Rock" Miocic vs. Daniel "I will never get the chance to rematch Jon Jones" Cormier.

Make it happen.

It's a great question....pull someone out of retirement and make some sort of weird off kilter "super fight"....? I mean who that is, I have no clue but I have no idea what you do with him...

Shit maybe bring in that guy that talked shit to him at the Q&A and wanted to fight him lol......?

I don't think he can even beat a retired UFC fighter. Seriously, these guys would fuck him up. He is so out of his league it's not even funny.

The only way I can see Punk/UFC being associated is if they had him on Ultimate Fighter. Joe was right, if he wants to actually do this for real he needs to be an amateur. I see almost zero chance he does that though. He's not gonna train that long and hard without the paycheck and cameras. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom