• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

Here we go!
tumblr_njgtjv786h1s5djgpo1_500.gif

I wonder what it is that motivates people shitting on Woodley for neutralising his one dimensional opponents? He explains his reasoning very well every time.

Oscar

P4P most boring champ. Not even GSP at his worst was this bad.

The worst part is that Woodley has the ability to annihilate these guys in brutal fashion but just chooses not to in order to secure a point victory.

I do appreciate the UFC doesnt duck these issues and pretend they dont exist, also tbf Woodley doesnt owe anyone an entertaining fight, he just has to win by any means.
Maia way too fucking dangerous to mess around with. The name of the game is to minimize your opponent's opportunities while maximizing yours. That's exactly what Woodley did.

The worst part is that Woodley has the ability to annihilate these guys in brutal fashion but just chooses not to in order to secure a point victory.

I do somewhat agree with this. I think Woodley could have beaten both Wonderboy and Maia much more decisively and brutally than he did.

Thing is Woodley is very intelligent. He knows he can beat these guys by just neutralizing their gameplan and taking as few risks as possible. Basically putting as many eggs in his basket that he gets that W. Its smart as hell.

But yeah its frustrating, especially because when Woodley decides to go aggressive he can crush people

F34R

I wonder what it is that motivates people shitting on Woodley for neutralising his one dimensional opponents? He explains his reasoning very well every time.

Because he could have done so much more when defending those take downs. Most of the time he had DM's head down and could have at least throw a few punches instead of just backing completely out of it.

FUME5

Almost every fight I've watched of his has been a snoozer.

That's why I shit on him. Don't blame a man for getting paid, don't need to pretend that his style is what I want to see.

I don't get why some expect Woodley to look exciting against a guy like this. Maia's best shot is to use Woodley's aggression against him, so it's best to play it smart and use his wrestling. Styles make fights; I don't knock Woodley for it.

This could either be

A. Great / dominant / exciting. Both dudes are skilled as hell

or

B. Very weird boring. We got a rusty as hell Jones, and DC who can be either exciting or boring depending on the fight

If the Jones that showed up to fight OSP shows up tonight, he loses.

I don't think that happens though.

I do for sure agree with that. I think if that Jones had fought DC that night DC would have beaten him. Jones did not look good in that fight.

But yeah I think he will be much much better here

I know Bones is going to win but just like Kevin Keegan, I would love it if he were to get beat right now.

Let's do this DC, let's do it for the good guys :)

Oscar

I do somewhat agree with this. I think Woodley could have beaten both Wonderboy and Maia much more decisively and brutally than he did.

Thing is Woodley is very intelligent. He knows he can beat these guys by just neutralizing their gameplan and taking as few risks as possible. Basically putting as many eggs in his basket that he gets that W. Its smart as hell.

But yeah its frustrating, especially because when Woodley decides to go aggressive he can crush people
I wasn't too bothered by GSP doing this because I know he doesn't possess one shot KO power like Woodley does. He's gonna do what he has to do in order to secure a W, but at the end of the day this is a show business.

He shouldn't be surprised if he gets demoted to FS1, possibly prelims.

trixx

I don't get it other dude tried to take down every single time and lost so why aren't people mad at him for not adjusting?

Oscar

Dirty boxing uppercuts is the only thing DC has for Jones. If that doesn't work out, it'll be death by a thousand oblique kicks.

Top Bottom