• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Champion Jon Jones suspect in felony hit-and-run. Update: stripped of title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

well since the pregnant lady is fine... is ok to ask if anyone has recreated this whole mess in GTA5 PC?.... with Jones running up a hill with a bag?

dream

The best part is Bones Jones has a prior, so there's a good chance they won't be willing to talk deal!

I thought I read minor injury?

I guess I never knew what is considered minor... maybe I'm just a Bitch because a broken arm is not minor in my book.

May have not had X Ray to prove it was broken at time of statement. A broken arm is for sure not a minor injury and the police dont believe it is either, thats why he's now facing Felony charges

ApharmdX

Banned
The fakeness is where Jones' likeability really takes a hit. People like real choirboys, and people like bad boys. No one likes frauds who want it both ways.

Exactly. Jon Jones has the same problem as Tiger Woods. I can't stand athletes like that and I won't support them.

Watching JJ come up, he was such a great talent, and he's got a champion's grit too. He's been in some wars and came out victorious. Outside of the Octagon the guy is totally unlikeable, however.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani · 11m 11 minutes ago
From ABQ PD: We are working on an arrest warrant for Jon Jones. The female suffered a broken arm … (Cont'd)

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani · 7m 7 minutes ago
Cont'd from ABQ PD: … which has elevated the charge to Felony Leaving the Scene of an Accident." (Cont'd)

Shit is getting worse for him

hahaha

Dana is so calling Ronda right now see if she can fight soon.

Heel

From what I can tell, after impact the woman's car careened into a 38 year old male's vehicle carrying two 10 year olds and an 8 year old. This could've gone bad really quickly.

I have no sympy for Jon if this all pans out to be true.

From what I can tell, after impact the woman's car careened into a 38 year old male's vehicle carrying two 10 year olds and an 8 year old. This could've gone bad really quickly.

I have no sympy for Jon if this all pans out to be true.

None at all. He could run back to grab his money but cant see if he didn't kill or hurt someone?

Frankly pathetic

cuEvtVl.jpg
[/IMG]

Heel

Is Dick DeGuerin available for legal counsel? When you think about it, Jon could be the real victim here.

7CGQuukl.jpg

Softgels

Banned
Is Dick DeGuerin available for legal counsel? When you think about it, Jon could be the real victim here.

7CGQuukl.jpg

Truly he's being persecuted. The plight of a black man in America is still a struggle against the system. The South West is a notoriously racist area of the country.

EYEL1NER

"I've always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part. I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the dudes who hit people's cars and then fled the scene of the accidents. I don't want to offend the hit-and-runners out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jones is such a fuckup.

If I was FrontRowBrian I'd be talking crazy smack right now. He got everything other than coke/pot.

Zeliard

I changed the title.

Also, yikes. Jones is wasting all of his fighting ability with his idiotic, dangerous behavior. It's sad to witness.

I guess Rumble hit this sucka so hard he felt it in the present, no wonder he's running from his past considering what awaits in the future.

ShaunBRS

When's the last time something like this happened? The Rampage thing, right? This feels very similar to that situation, and I don't remember anything much coming of that.

Yeah, Rampage ended up having multiple felony hit and run/reckless driving charges dismissed, and that was after a high speed chase that ended with guns drawn. There was even a pregnant woman involved with that too.

Heel

"The car crash was in self-defense. Jon, knowing his own misconceived reputation, fled the scene knowing he would be perceived as a criminal.

Jon surrendered willingly and voluntarily submitted blood for a drug and alcohol screening, 8 days later, and Jon was clean as a whistle."

pXZ5rrv.jpg

m3k

This guys hopeless... I used to be excited about him when he was starting out then he starts the trash talk with his good guy image

Fuck this guy... Dana gotta cut him loose for a bit

Especially Dana knows what fighters with millions are capable of doing. No biggie.

My main man Rumble can already see the belt baby!

Yeah, Rampage ended up having multiple felony hit and run/reckless driving charges dismissed, and that was after a high speed chase that ended with guns drawn. There was even a pregnant woman involved with that too.

I knew there was a reason I hated Rampage after that...good lord.

Yeah, he's not going to have a chance to do that.

Rumble will fight him here or there
Rumble will fight him anywhere!

Holy shit, a pregnant woman was involved. Holy fucking shit, what an irresponsible asshole.
No way Dana can let this shit slide now. I'm guessing we've seen the last of Jones in the cage for a while.

Always sad to see talent go to waste and even sadder to see people hurt by someone else's reckless behavior.

It will be interesting to see who will replace him in the fight in a worst case scenario for the UFC. Part of me wants to see Gus get another shot, I think a rematch would be a lot closer than the previous matchup. Bader has already said he is willing to take the fight, and is probably the most deserving. Would be a hell of a slugfest with two fighters with massive KO power.

kamspy

Come on people. If this happens a few hundred miles north and Jon doesn't run this isn't even big news.

Are yall just mad about the invisible coke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom