• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Champion Jon Jones suspect in felony hit-and-run. Update: stripped of title

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Running and going into hiding only spells drugs, it looks bad for JBJ but I imagine he felt he had no choice as he feared for the professional implications over anything else.

That's the only way I'm capable of seeing it at this point.

Stay and face the music = fucked

Flee on foot with money and drugs = proper fucked

Strong words from Kenny Florian. He thinks Jones should be stripped of the belt.

“I think stripping him of the title is appropriate if, of course, these allegations are true,” said Florian, who appeared today on FOX Sports 1’s “America’s Pregame,” when asked whether Jones should be cut from the UFC.

“If this is true, there’s some kind of problem going on,” Florian said. “He needs help, and it needs to be legitimate help; he’s not getting away for 24 hours.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/kenny-...d-be-scratched-from-ufc-187-stripped-of-title

Maddocks

Only one man can save Jon's soul now

Z7vjBFx.gif

you da real mvp.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
It takes a man of character to turn himself in for a crime he knows he's innocent of voluntarily. He'll surely have his sullied name cleared and leave with his head held high when the true culprit is found and charges against this class act are fully and completely dropped.

What an hero.

So he'll be back out on like 5 minutes.

Bet dude gets out of this with nothing.

Most likely he'll get out of this with a lot of community service hours, big time probation, and a huge hole in his pocket from the big ass settlement he'll be giving to the lady who he hit. Considering his past history of DUI's and such I'd normally say he might actually get convicted of the 3rd degree felony but Daddy Dana has been undeniably assembling the best team of lawyers he can during this mess so that that is as unlikely to happen as possible.

Donthizz#

So he'll be back out on like 5 minutes.

Bet dude gets out of this with nothing.

Rampage killed an unborn baby and served no time because uncle Dana came to the rescue.

Jones will say i'm sorry, Zuffa will cut a nice check to this lady, Jones will fight soon. Welcome to celebrity justice.

Most likely he'll get out of this with a lot of community service hours, big time probation, and a huge hole in his pocket from the big ass settlement he'll be giving to the lady who he hit. Considering his past history of DUI's and such I'd normally say he might actually get convicted of the 3rd degree felony but Daddy Dana has been undeniably assembling the best team of lawyers he can during this mess so that that is as unlikely to happen as possible.

Rampage killed an unborn baby and served no time because uncle Dana came to the rescue.

Jones will say i'm sorry, Zuffa will cut a nice check to this lady, Jones will fight soon. Welcome to celebrity justice.

Well all I can hope for then is somehow, someway Rumble knocks him the fuck out and serves a little justice of his own at 187

Farrah Emami, Spokesperson for the DA's office, said: "We reviewed all the medical records and spoke with the victim's physician, and the evidence showed that the loss of the fetus was not related to or a result of the crash caused by the defendant."[89]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinton_Jackson#Personal_life

Booshka

"Remember kids, if you are drunk or high and get in an accident, run away until you are sober."

-Jon Jones, MMA Legend and Role Model, 2015.

Pimpwerx

Sucks that he got in trouble again, but I don't care. I still like the guy. All I care is that he's a good fighter, which he is. Hopefully he can get over this one, get his shit together and get back to the business of busting ass. PEACE.

Just let a disheveled jones fight and hopefully Rumble takes advantage of that and destroys him. Leading to a huge downward spiral for jones

scabro

"The car crash was in self-defense. Jon, knowing his own misconceived reputation, fled the scene knowing he would be perceived as a criminal.

Jon surrendered willingly and voluntarily submitted blood for a drug and alcohol screening, 8 days later, and Jon was clean as a whistle."

pXZ5rrv.jpg

"I would like to remind the Jury that Mr.Jones should be tried upon the crimes that he has been charged for, a hit and run, and not for the amount of time he was gone for afterward. What happened after Mr. Jones ran, whatever he may or may not have sobered up from, is simply not relevant to your verdict."

Lets just hope Jones doesn't forget his mic is live during his post rehab and community service redemption interview on UFC Tonight aired exclusively on Fox Sports 1.

Heel

Lets just hope Jones doesn't forget his mic is live during his post rehab and community service redemption interview on UFC Tonight aired exclusively on Fox Sports 1.

"What the hell did I do...snorted it all, of course."

"This is going up to the bird, Jon."

Razdek

Banned
Just let a disheveled jones fight and hopefully Rumble takes advantage of that and destroys him. Leading to a huge downward spiral for jones

That would be so awesome. He can then take some time off and do as much coke as he wants without all the pressure.

Sucks that he got in trouble again, but I don't care. I still like the guy. All I care is that he's a good fighter, which he is. Hopefully he can get over this one, get his shit together and get back to the business of busting ass. PEACE.

And this is why Daddy Dana will keep protecting Jon Jones, why Nevada won't do anything to Money Mayweather, and why boxing and UFC have the image they do.

Because fuck what kind of person a fighter is, if they grapple or punch hard and win, they're valuable.

Bonus points if they juice as well.

DKehoe

Well all I can hope for then is somehow, someway Rumble knocks him the fuck out and serves a little justice of his own at 187

The Rumble that's had multiple domestic violence accusations against him? That's the guy we want serving justice by KOing someone?

Afrikan

supposedly Jon Jones' car. :mad:

3vED1ix.jpg

so some are speculating that he jump either that back wall, or ones the pic doesn't show....that are similar.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hit and run is bad, but people are making too much out of this pregnant woman thing.

Put those pitchforks down!

Yes, it's horrible that he hit a pregnant woman, but it's horrible that he hit anyone. What if he hit a sex-offender instead? Would that have made the hit-and-run better?

*pitchfork stabbing sounds*

And keep in mind, Jones may have lost his chance to fight someone who plead no contest to domestic violence. That guy's not even the champ, and his career is doing great. So let's just keep it all in perspective. Jones' career is not over. Anyone who thinks it is hasn't been paying attention to pro sports in America over the last decades.

Hell, I'm about 50/50 on the fight still happening next month.

DKehoe

And keep in mind, Jones may have lost his chance to fight someone who plead no contest to domestic violence. That guy's not even the champ, and his career is doing great. So let's just keep it all in perspective. Jones' career is not over. Anyone who thinks it is hasn't been paying attention to pro sports in America over the last decades.

Yeh, like I said in a previous post I really don't get people rooting for the alleged domestic abuser to teach a lesson to the alleged hit and run offender. I get that people don't like Jones but Rumble has a pretty suspect history too. Vitor Belfort must be feeling pretty good about not even being one of the two shadiest guys on that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom