• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyslob

Banned
It'd be sad that he didn't get his shit together after his first time getting caught with coke and also his first DUI crash. Jon Jones is not a champion.

hes not a moral champion :'(

jon jones is an idiot but i wanted to see him beat by a fighter not booger sugar

ABQ police say no one in custody named Jon/Jonathan Jones so unless he's still on the run and in hiding somehow this is probably bullshit.

uncle dana got to them

Remember when that guy at the Q and A told Jon: "Like Kanye West, it is so hard to be your fan."

I wonder what that guy is thinking right now.

Fergie

Banned
Yea this is the "Mr. Jones" that was actually arrested at the scene of a car crash in New Mexico today... lol

http://newmexico.arrests.org/Arrests/Raymond_Jones_21841161/
zsHyvbd.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Something went down. He is confirmed to be out of 187, though.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/light-heav...f-ufc-187-title-fight-against-anthony-johnson

Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is out of his scheduled UFC 187 title fight against Anthony Johnson. Sources confirmed the development to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday.

Unconfirmed reports swirled on Sunday afternoon alleging that Jones was involved in a hit and run accident in Albuquerque on Saturday evening, although MMAWeekly was not able to confirm those reports.

That's not a confirmation, that's a website citing anonymous sources. I need to see it on ufc.tv.

Yea they "confirmed" that it really was a hit and run until the guys who started the rumors started backtracking so now they stealth edited it to he's just "confirmed" out of UFC 187. I wouldn't say either way if this is complete bullshit or really true in some capacity but unless Helwani says something concrete I wouldn't really trust any other "source" reporting on this right now.

We cannot at this time confirm that something didn't in fact happen in the past few days that could maybe concern someone named Jones. Maybe. You heard it here first.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I just find it really weird and out of character for Jon. Sundays are usually his church days.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
My buddy and I were watching the fights last night when they showed the ad for the next big card, with both Jones and Weidman fighting. I joked that there's no way that card is happening as is.

So part of me kinda wants this stuff to be true, cuz seeing Dana deal with it would be hilarious.

Soooo the mmaweekly story on Jones being out of 187 has been straight up pulled down now, nowhere to be found on the front page or the "news" section...

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Forget the Reebok deal, Jones might have some serious defamation $$$$ incoming if this really is all complete bull (which is looking more and more likely).

Ariel is a presenter, he's not really a journalist.

Dave Meltzer is where it's at.

I cant say I disagree really, but he can break massive news when and if he wants to. No one in MMA is as connected as he is outside of basically Zuffa themselves

Meltzer is solid I agree. I prefer Thomas and Morgan but Meltz is legit. He hasn't said anything is going on?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well I never. That's the last time I ever go to "FrontRowBrian" for my news. I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to his editor. I'm sure I can find out who that is online somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom