• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Soooo the mmaweekly story on Jones being out of 187 has been straight up pulled down now, nowhere to be found on the front page or the "news" section...

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Forget the Reebok deal, Jones might have some serious defamation $$$$ incoming if this really is all complete bull (which is looking more and more likely).

http://www.mmaweekly.com/light-heav...f-ufc-187-title-fight-against-anthony-johnson

DKehoe

I cant say I disagree really, but he can break massive news when and if he wants to. No one in MMA is as connected as he is outside of basically Zuffa themselves

Meltzer is solid I agree. I prefer Thomas and Morgan but Meltz is legit. He hasn't said anything is going on?

He hasn't said anything on twitter. I also just checked the Wrestling Observer board and he hasn't posted there about it.

Like with all of these things the truth will come out shortly,. Although if nothing is happening I'd have thought Jones could just go on Twitter to say "I'm not in jail" or something.

alr1ght

Oh the page still exists in all the links and such from retweets, but click on the homepage link or the MMA/UFC News or press release section, its nowhere to be found. Even that "Hot off the Wire" news banner at the top has nothing linking to that story.

https://twitter.com/KenPishna (MMA Weekly editor)

We can confirm Jones in accident. Fight has not been cancelled. Solid source initially said it was but retracted after report went public.

I appreciate support I received from people backing my credibility. Unfortunately, with source's change, I wasn't confident in orig report.

This shit is a giant cluster F.

I mean are all of these "journos" using the same source? None of the truly credible guys are saying a word.

Obviously something happened or Jones would be speaking out but it looks like the original reports may be overblown

This shit is a giant cluster F.

I mean are all of these "journos" using the same source? None of the truly credible guys are saying a word.

Obviously something happened or Jones would be speaking out but it looks like the original reports may be overblown

The "real" journos are either watching a real sport like WWE or waiting for Daddy Dana to make up a story.

dream

Alex Goldsmith @AlexG_Reporter · 9m 9 minutes ago
APD confirms MMA star Jon Bones Jones is wanted for questioning in connection with a hit and run.

His bio: Alex Goldsmith is the weekend evening anchor and a reporter for KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque. RT's are not endorsements.

alr1ght

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/2...mpion-jon-jones-sought-for-questioning-in-hit
Albuquerque PD: UFC champion Jon Jones sought for questioning in hit-and-run accident
UFC champion Jon Jones is being sought for questioning in a hit-and-run car accident, an Albuquerque Police Department spokesman told MMAFighting.com on Sunday.

A middle-aged woman's car was struck Sunday in Albuquerque, N.M., and the offender in the other vehicle fled the scene, per Albuquerque PD spokesman Simon Drobik. The case is currently under investigation and Albuquerque PD would like to speak with Jones regarding the matter. Drobik could not confirm if Jones was a suspect in the incident.

There is no warrant for Jones' arrest. The police are currently just seeking him for questioning. Albuquerque PD is still attempting to hash out all the details of the case.

"[We] don't know where he is right now," Drobik said of Jones. "We're trying to figure that out."

The woman, whose name was withheld by Albuquerque PD, was rushed to the hospital with "non-life threatening injuries," Drobik said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom