• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his fight against JBJ
BtSiUPY.jpg

Holy shit that has to be intentional. There were rumors for years Jon was on coke, and I don't recall Sonnen EVER drinking a coke at a weigh in.

Guy is also the king of the psychological game. Almost like a wink and a nod at Jones that he knows.

Heel

I dunno brehs, something tells me the Dolce Diet calls for a blast of high fructose corn syrup after weigh-ins to "unclot the dehydrated blood."

Not really surprised by this at all. Not surprised by Dana White either. Crooked.

Jon Jones being a snitch regarding pot users, bullshit. Funny how that works in high school.

Joe

i've casually watched the ufc for many years but i'm not too knowledgeable on the inside workings of the company but it seems that dana white has taken the business as far as he can take it and they need to bring in someone else to take it even further.

liger05

And why the ufc will never be taken seriously.

Could you imagine what the mainstream media would do to Boxing if this was Mayweather and the fight went on.

Boxing would get crucified and rightly so. The UFC have handled this so badly it's unreal.

Hearing Dana White explain why the fight went on was laughable. You can tell his desperately trying to find a reason other than 'we wanted the ppv buys' but fails miserably.

Someone really needs to ask why they have abandoned out of competition testing as well.

It looks mad shady with Jones T/E ratio and then ufc saying no more ooc testing.

Ensirius

i've casually watched the ufc for many years but i'm not too knowledgeable on the inside workings of the company but it seems that dana white has taken the business as far as he can take it and they need to bring in someone else to take it even further.
My thoughts exactly.
It needs a new face with new ideas.

He owns 9% of the company.

But I agree, you need a ceo who doesn't swear and is a professional.

The UFC is owned by Zuffa LLC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuffa

Dana White owns a minority stake at 9%.

So he's more of a face to the UFC than an actual decision maker if I had to guess.

Also something I just found out, the UFC is about to be hit with a big class action lawsuit:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/ufc-promises-to-vigorously-defend-itself-against-class-action-suit

dream

In an exclusive interview with Action Sports, Jon's mother, Camille, said she's glad he tested positive for cocaine.

"I'm glad that this happened to Jon, this stopped him in his tracks, this let him know that he may need to change some friends, you know, because everyone is not for you for the best," said Camille Jones. "So this is a good thing as far as our family is concerned, so we wasn't upset. Me and my husband considered it a blessing from God that our child was able to be helped and know that he need to stop and know that he needed the assistance to stop before it came to something worse."

According to Camille, the unannounced drug test came the day after Jon was hanging with friends and "did something he shouldn't have done."

"When he tested positive, my first question was, do you have a problem, a serious problem?" Camille said. "And then he told me what happened. Jon is usually very honest with me, so he told me what happened. I was like, good for you....good. You needed to be caught, it was just timing.

His stint in the rehab program lasted just one night, but Jones said her son is continuing to get more educated on the subject.

"You know, it did not affect his game, it was not in his system during the fight, so he's still a good athlete. So before something becomes serious of it, I was glad it was nipped in the bud."

So in addition to being a drug addict and adulterer, this fucking guy is now lying to his mama.

Heel

It's times like these that I trust the opinion of an expert. In this case, known drug and rehab expert Sean "XPac" Waltman:

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac Jan 6
The ridiculous part to me is the Dog & Pony Show of Jones going into rehab for his "problem".The only problem is popping dirty on the test.

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac Jan 8
@cmphelps5 I think Dana White said all the right things. Jones hasn't been evaluated yet, so it's wrong to say he needs help yet.

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac 2h2 hours ago
does anyone remember me tweeting about the "Dog & Pony Show" trip to rehab for Jones? If he had a "problem",he'd still be their. I promise u

“@MiddleEasy: REPORT: Jon Jones Beasts Through Rehab, Overcoming Addiction in Just One Night http://bit.ly/17DyVuw @MMAJournalism” Told You

I'm surprised they didn't at least keep him for 3 days. That's the usual eval time. They must've known right away he didn't belong there.

dream

So Bones Jones allegedly caused a car accident, which he fled from, and cocaine was found in his vehicle. This guy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FrontRowBrian® @FrontRowBrian · 2h 2 hours ago

News will break very soon… Jon Jones OUT of UFC 187.

FrontRowBrian® @FrontRowBrian · 11m 11 minutes ago

LATEST ON JON JONES. is in custody in ABQ. 3 car accident.Ran red light. Allegedly under the influence. Jones ran from scene. Cocaine found

FrontRowBrian® @FrontRowBrian · 11m 11 minutes ago

There’s also a rumor Jones struck a vehicle driven by a pregnant woman. I have no information on anyone’s condition.

VTzx3lk.png

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Not surprising yet still fucking huge.

One of the best ever fucking himself time and time again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
From Chael AMA

Question: Do you think Anderson silva was juicing when he fought you?
Chael: By todays standards? Sure. More than I was? Doubtful.

Dude, doesnt care.

Syntsui

I hope this is a hoax, dude is legit good. Sad to see a career ending like this, if this is true you can be goddamn sure it`s game over for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom