• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.black.w460h520b3z1.jpg

I need this shirt.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

The UFC leadership needs to step up and make sure their athletes are healthy unlike the WWE. I don't want to see "Deadspin's dead MMA fighter of the week".

Booshka

Dude is a major addict and it is fucking up his life. UFC letting him off easy was a mistake. Hope the other person in the accident is okay, and Jones can eventually get sober and compete again.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I was REALLY looking forward to that card. I've been tuning out of UFC as the months go by, and really wanted this card to bring me back. Couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Is any place reporting on this? Not finding shit.

Yeah, a hit and run with some drugs thrown in. Comedy gold.

They're waiting for confirmation.

Also, the act sucks but it if its true it is comedy gold because of all the shit that went down earlier in the year. Dana is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Really hope that woman and her baby are ok.

Rumor is they're fine. No injuries.

They should strip him of the title and have Rumble fight someone else for it this summer.

And I say this as someone who definitely likes Jones more than most

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If true Jon Jones life has spiraled out of control, the guy needs help and hopefully he didn't hurt anyone in the accident.

I just started following this story (somewhat follow UFC) but the one day in rehab stint should have been an indicator to anyone that Jon Jones needs to focus on getting his life together before he kills himself or someone else instead of on an upcoming fight.

If this is true he will absolutely be stripped of the belt. The UFC was pretty generous in letting him go to rehab and then just leave whenever already. Time to come down hard especially if he dipped from the scene and had drugs on him.

Smell The Glove

Neo Member
so many people wishing this incident to be true, it's just sad.

Why? I'm sure no one want's anyone to get hurt in a car accident but Bones getting caught with the snow is good for everyone except Dana. Maybe he'll get the help he needs and people will take it seriously instead of him getting away with everything a continuing to put his life and others in danger. Dude is no angel, he knows what he's doing.

Kinda fascinating how Chael blatantly cheating in the UFC is this cute thing to people now.

Always made me laugh though, dude seriously should have jumped ship over to WWE.

Kinda fascinating how Chael blatantly cheating in the UFC is this cute thing to people now.
I mean, the company needs the drug shakeup. He's doing a good thing. It's just like all the cyclists who spoke out about their own drug use in order to get people to realize just how pervasive it was in order to compete at that highest level.

Donthizz#

jones is no angel, but wishing this incident to be true is taking hatred to another level.

also this was first reported by bloodstainlane by the way. people who follow mma for a long time know he has a history with jones manager.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber

Always made me laugh though, dude seriously should have jumped ship over to WWE.

How you present your actions matter more than the actions themselves in many cases. Cop to it, take it on the chin and don't try to hide it and you're much more easily forgiven. Especially when you're charismatic as fuck.

Lie, cover up and pretend to be the good guy and people turn on you.

I mean, the company needs the drug shakeup. He's doing a good thing. It's just like all the cyclists who spoke out about their own drug use in order to get people to realize just how pervasive it was in order to compete at that highest level.

Sorta but I feel like most of his fans who loved him before he got busted basically love him for the same reasons. He's just hard to really take seriously at this point. I was a really big fan of his too.

Chael is the hero the sport deserved.

Heroes don't lose that many title fights back to back lol.

How you present your actions matter more than the actions themselves in many cases. Cop to it, take it on the chin and don't try to hide it and you're much more easily forgiven. Especially when you're charismatic as fuck.

Lie, cover up and pretend to be the good guy and people turn on you.

It worked for baseball. ARod is earning back the fan support and will be in the HOF. Can't say I'd feel the same for Barry Bonds.

Smell The Glove

Neo Member
so many people wishing this incident to be true, it's just sad.

jones is no angel, but wishing this incident to be true is taking hatred to another level.

also this was first reported by bloodstainlane by the way. people who follow mma for a long know he has a history with jones manager.

Hoping his problem gets taken care of now, instead of letting it continue and possibly "snowballing" isn't all that bad IMO. Dude clearly has issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom