• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones arrested for DUI after totaling Bentley

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me, as well. I think they trust that I will never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me getting a DWI or doing something crazy. I think I’m a good company guy."
- Jon Jones, April 2012

TheNatural

My Member!
Yeah, it's not like Jones was involved in a completely preventable situation that kills more people every year than we've lost soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam.

I never said it wasn't. It's his own bed so he has to pay the price legally and image wise. I don't expect role models from any sport or celebrity.

TheNatural

My Member!
I know you're trying to be logical because you like the guy and want to justify it, but in the end you're really just defending drunk driving as an "error in judgement" and that's fucking despicable.

Actually I was talking about before this incident how people viewed him based on what he said versus how people view him and other fighters.

I'm not justifying, defending, or liking anything here. He made his mess, he has to deal with it.

MjFrancis

Between declining network ratings, losing Overeem for UFC 146 and Jon Jones driving drunk into a pole, Dana White is going to be reading a "How the UFC missed out on being the next big thing" article in the paper this time next year.

The fun's over and the ship's sinking, Uncle Dana.

TheNatural

My Member!
Between declining network ratings, losing Overeem for UFC 146 and Jon Jones driving drunk into a pole, Dana White is going to be reading a "How the UFC missed out on being the next big thing" article in the paper this time next year.

The fun's over. MMA is now on the fast track back into obscurity.

Good one. I'm sure it won't even be on PPV anymore, it will be relegated to Ion TV now for the future.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Then Uncle Dana will make an expletive-laden 5 minute youtube video berating the article and personally attacking the writer.

EYEL1NER

Drunk driving? Fucking loser.....
I haven't liked the guy since before the 'snitching on weed' story, but it's nice to see proof that the guy is fucking trash.

zjpbL.jpg

Bud Light. The Sure Sign of a Good Time...

Bwahaha omg I just can't...between the holier than though attitude, the snitching, the everyone in America should aspire to be like me quote, signing as the champ before he had the belt, posing like a douche with the Bentley, and this commercial....omg lmao I just can't, this shit writes itself.

Classy Sports Entertainment right here folks.

So people actually still believe he snitched on people smoking pot? The very people the kid hung out with in high school smoked all the time.

Wonder what people in my hometown of Binghamton have to say. I'm sure it's still *full support mode*

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

Real good guy. Fuck off, prick, it was just random chance that you hit a pole instead of head-onning a car full of innocents. You have more than enough money to take a cab or hire a driver.

I had no idea EvilLore...totally agree with your point though. Guy must have had a long night on State St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom