• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Thomson |OT| ‘Oh, oh, ehh’ making woman sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's striking more than a one armed man. Second coming of Chuck Liddell.

His hand was hurt that for sure but he went to the grappling before that. And regardless of the broken hand, Benson pressed for striking. This idea that everyone has that Bendo tries to grapple constantly is false.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I actually expected Henderson to win (Thompson looks like he lost a lot of momentum if you don't know he broke his hand, and the judges don't know that), but somebody needs to re-consider his part time job as a judge. 49-46?

Doran902

i dont like ufc anymore, watered down cards, too many cards and shitty judging have ruined it for me

i wish it was 2001-2009 again

This decision

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

Judges need to stop giving decisions to GSP wannabes

Benson Henderson. honest question, does this guy even has fans? he's like a shittier version of GSP, with none of the drawing power. his only highlights is a kick he took to the face and making Edgar throw his HAT in disgust.

you can now add to his highlights getting dumped on his head by Thomson.

Alchemy

I feel like MMA judging is an easy racket to get in on, should probably change careers. Don't even have to watch the fights.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I wonder who they will put Henderson against next...they can probably get him to do an incredibly boring split decision on another top contender, especially since Pettis will be defending his title only 1 time per year.

Heel

On the bright side, I feel like this lackluster "win" brings us one step closer to the super fight that is Gil Melendez vs. Anthony Pettis.

tass0

Banned
I don't know why I keep watching this shit.

I thought Thomson won pretty clearly 4-1, or 3-2 at the worst, yet I expected Benson to get the decision... which he fucking did. Disgraceful.

agrajag

Banned
I don't know why I keep watching this shit.

I thought Thomson won pretty clearly 4-1, or 3-2 at the worst, yet I expected Benson to get the decision... which he fucking did. Disgraceful.

I scored it 3-2 Thomson and also expected the judges to give it to Henderson. Although I thought it was a pretty huge fight. All things considered, I'm pretty sure Thomson is not too distraught about it, since he fought with a broken hand and the fans booed the decision. Sucks that he had a chance at the title and this sets him back though.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WTF is this I'm watching, why are they doing a close up on a commentator's face in the crowd? Looks fake.

edit: oh ok it isn't live.

Missed the last 3 rounds but sounds like the judges are once again on Bendos balls. Seriously, how any gifted wins does this dude have. He shouldn't have even gotten the title vs Edgar.

If anybody wants to check out the decent prelims..
Walt Harris vs Nikita Krylov
Daron Cruickshank vs Mike Rio
Chico Camus vs Yaotzin Meza
Eddie Wineland vs Yves Jabouin
Alex Caceres vs Sergio Pettis

Worth watching IMHO.

Man I know know nothing about this sport other than it tends to be a lot more 50 50 than boxing. So as a bettor when I saw some guy +250 in the main event I jumped right on it with big money.

Not that I expected to win but this thread makes me feel like I got fucked.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Pettis just isn't ready for The Ultimate. He should'e known what kind of toll it takes on his brother....

Honestly, I thought he just gassed. Half-way through the 3rd he looked sapped of energy... the big stage and everything seemed to have gotten to him a bit.

He was the superior fighter in the octagon, that's for sure.

Heel

Dana White on Ben Henderson: 'He's a grinder, he's not a finisher'

UFC president Dana White was asked post-fight if the win Saturday would earn Henderson a title shot.

"No," said White, as transcribed by MMAFighting. "But, I mean, that was a Ben Henderson fight. When Ben Henderson has the title, or he's trying to get back to the title, that's a Ben Henderson fight. I mean, we've seen that fight a million times.

"It's not about even being more aggressive. He's a talented fighter. He's just one of these guys -- he's a grinder, he's not a finisher."

“Ben Henderson lost twice to Pettis, the champion, and he got destroyed last fight. He didn’t do anything that’s going to have anybody screaming, ‘Oh, I want to see him get another shot at Pettis.’”

io7jen8c3Mdg7.gif

NomarTyme

Finally got around watching the final fight! Glad Henderson won but it was a bit underwhelming. The card from prelims to main event was pretty damn good though. Great knockouts and nice submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom