• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFOs Discussion |UFOT| Deep down, you knew it was all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the interview? Seems a little nutty.

"Prime Directive" stuff just makes no sense. Nothing about hundreds of UFO sightings matches Trek's Star Fleet behavior. Some of the best documented cases have UFOs interfering with nuclear sites and hanging out over airports and highly visible, public spaces.

Hellyer UFO search does the work. The line reminded me of the S4 Sliders episode where Jerry O'Connell is on a talk show in alternate reality and some guy is accusing him of being an alien and mentioning the prime directive and he's like "There is no prime directive!" It's probably the funniest moment of the entire series.

akira28

cases like that do make me wonder, regardless of what they're actually saying...why end off your extended and celebrated career with something like this?

Since it was inappropriately mentioned in another thread, I'll put this here.

Huff-Po reported Cigar-Shaped UFO over Kiev (this story has been on many of the usual conspiracy-sites).

Object described as sky dreadnaught - mothership for smaller triangle-shaped craft.
ufol1j65.gif

It reeks of textbook misinformation, misdirection, confusing issues at hand -in my personal opinion.

I was watching the Obama/Seinfield interview a few days ago when something Obama said had triggered a memory. He was asked a question about past presidents and mentioned that Eisenhower would occasionally go 'missing'. This is true believe it or not. Eisenhower seemingly had a habit for 'disappearing' from officials and the press.

It jogged a memory. In the early 50's, Eisenhower did disappear for around 36 hours. The AP even speculated he had suddenly died and were about to run a print speculating as much until he came out and said he needed emergency dental. There are some strange circumstances surrounding this, including the apparently long distance he had travelled to see a dentist. But not long after that, a rumour emerged that he had in fact gone to Edwards Air Force Base where a disc landed and occupants emerged.

I heard somewhere that the base had locked down for a similar duration he went missing, which if true, would support the rumour that he had actually went there for a purpose.

Heretic

I was watching the Obama/Seinfield interview a few days ago when something Obama said had triggered a memory. He was asked a question about past presidents and mentioned that Eisenhower would occasionally go 'missing'. This is true believe it or not. Eisenhower seemingly had a habit for 'disappearing' from officials and the press.

It jogged a memory. In the early 50's, Eisenhower did disappear for around 36 hours. The AP even speculated he had suddenly died and were about to run a print speculating as much until he came out and said he needed emergency dental. There are some strange circumstances surrounding this, including the apparently long distance he had travelled to see a dentist. But not long after that, a rumour emerged that he had in fact gone to Edwards Air Force Base where a disc landed and occupants emerged.

I heard somewhere that the base had locked down for a similar duration he went missing, which if true, would support the rumour that he had actually went there for a purpose.

Have you seen Mirage Men? If I remember correctly, they mention this incident and talk about there being footage of it somewhere.

Log4Girlz

What about Jackie Gleason and Nixon checking out aliens on a base.

I'm thinking about creating a sleek, modern website that becomes a central hub for all things UFO related. I'd like to base the content around this website. I've tried contacting the owner to discuss the possibility of purchasing the domain and permission to re-use the content of the site, but I've had no reply.

I most likely will go forward with the website, however. If anyone is interested in helping post content on it as an admin, please let me know.

Heretic

I'm thinking about creating a sleek, modern website that becomes a central hub for all things UFO related. I'd like to base the content around this website. I've tried contacting the owner to discuss the possibility of purchasing the domain and permission to re-use the content of the site, but I've had no reply.

I most likely will go forward with the website, however. If anyone is interested in helping post content on it as an admin, please let me know.

Sounds like a great project. Definitely keep us updated on this. I went to a couple of conventions last year and will attending some this year too. Might be able to write something up about them.

I hope yall do not mind the old bump, but this is the OT for UFO discussion.

I am believer now. I will say this, I used to laugh at the idea of UFOs, I refuse to acknowledge ghost and other nonsense.

But I know what I saw, and to this day there is NO way that what I witnessed was a man made aircraft.

What say you neogaf?

I hope yall do not mind the old bump, but this is the OT for UFO discussion.

I am believer now. I will say this, I used to laugh at the idea of UFOs, I refuse to acknowledge ghost and other nonsense.

But I know what I saw, and to this day there is NO way that what I witnessed was a man made aircraft.

What say you neogaf?

Do explain in detail please.

Do explain in detail please.

I was with my group of three friends who were all witness to the event. I lived in Vermont at the time, it was late. We were out camping on top of a mountain near Killington. None of us were drunk, high. All of us were stone sober.

My friend Trevor was setting up the fire for us to roast some hotdogs, I was in my tent playing on my DS. I eventually got bored with it and set it down and left my tent to help my buddy. The other guy TJ was sitting on a log playing his guitar.

It was around midnight. I remember the sky being clear and all the stars visible. It was beautiful as there was no light pollution obscuring the view. I saw a flash in the sky. We all saw it, it separated into three white orbs with one big orb remaining stationary, the smaller lights rotated in a circular motion around the big one, then without a single noise the smaller orbs jetted out at impossible speeds.

The smaller orbs moved so fast that they each went at least 30 miles in seconds. The real kicker that sent shivers down my spine was when they returned to the single bright object that has remained stationary the whole time. After the smaller orbs rejoined with the base object. The UFO slowly moved up and up into the sky, then like someone flipped a switch. It jetted into the atmosphere and vanished.

We all saw it, we looked at each other not saying a single word for a good three minutes. We tried to break down what we saw and admitted that whatever it was, WAS not manmade. Nothing could move like it did.

I will never forget how my heart felt, sheer adrenaline. Even typing it, I am still getting goose bumps.

I was with my group of three friends who were all witness to the event. I lived in Vermont at the time, it was late. We were out camping on top of a mountain near Killington. None of us were drunk, high. All of us were stone sober.

My friend Trevor was setting up the fire for us to roast some hotdogs, I was in my tent playing on my DS. I eventually got bored with it and set it down and left my tent to help my buddy. The other guy TJ was sitting on a log playing his guitar.

It was around midnight. I remember the sky being clear and all the stars visible. It was beautiful as there was no light pollution obscuring the view. I saw a flash in the sky. We all saw it, it separated into three white orbs with one big orb remaining stationary, the smaller lights rotated in a circular motion around the big one, then without a single noise the smaller orbs jetted out at impossible speeds.

The smaller orbs moved so fast that they each went at least 30 miles in seconds. The real kicker that sent shivers down my spine was when they returned to the single bright object that has remained stationary the whole time. After the smaller orbs rejoined with the base object. The UFO slowly moved up and up into the sky, then like someone flipped a switch. It jetted into the atmosphere and vanished.

We all saw it, we looked at each other not saying a single word for a good three minutes. We tried to break down what we saw and admitted that whatever it was, WAS not manmade. Nothing could move like it did.

I will never forget how my heart felt, sheer adrenaline. Even typing it, I am still getting goose bumps.

Wow intense, thanks for sharing. I once saw when I was a kid a single orb make a portal projection in the sky, the portal was like a rainbow with a black background and then the orb moved towards the portal and disappeared. There's something out there men.

ZOONAMI

I have seen 2 ufos.

One driving near fairly rural Northfield, Minnesota on hwy 19. Big bright light swooped down from nowhere out of the sky, coming at us, and then abruptly changed direction and moved out. Insanely fast. Couldn't make any details out, night time, and it was just light. I would say it got within something around 1000 feet to my car, but I guess it's hard to tell because it was just this big blinding light that came in and then went out very quickly. It didn't make any sound.

Like a U shape, coming at my car/windshield while driving. Both me and my friend Amy were like what the fuck is that.

The other one is somewhat of a fixture in near Kenyon, MN, near highway 8. My friend Wade lives there and has seen it numerous times. I saw it with him once.

This one is seemingly very far away, it looks like a central star, with three smaller stars moving in orbit around it fairly quickly. Last time I saw it was several years ago, and I'm not sure a camera could pick it up (I didn't have one at that time that could have anyway). My A6000 may be able to pick it up. I'll have to head back down there sometime to see if it shows up.

I mean, I don't know how I feel about the prospect of aliens, but stories like this are spooky as hell.

I wish you had had an opportunity to record some of this.

Hex

Banned
Was out with some friends and hanging out and there were some people that were just kind of there which is all good.
But the conversation started going over some experiences that we have had and various goings on and of course we were presented with that usual response "everyone has cel phones now, why aren't there better pictures".
And I love this one, really so I handled it with something that I had been thinking about the day before after going out clubbing.

We live in a jaded world were people toss around the term atheist because all the cool kids do it. We live among an internet generation who would rather shit on things and tear down then build up. (Look at all of the reddit monkeys and hacker wanna bes that were pushing for Trump for the lols).
We live in a time when we are more connected than ever but more distant and apart than ever before.
I can't speak for anyone else but most of the people I know are shut ins who play games all the time and sit on the internet or watch movies/anime whatever. They go out to restock, work and then back to the cave.
I go out to a park and everyone is sitting with their faces in their phones. I go out to eat and I see tables and tables of people with the faces in phones more than looking at the person across from them. I go to the club and it is faces in phones. I go to shows and it is faces in viewfinders.
Unless something happens to photobomb a selfie the odds are not looking good.
On the flip side everyone is so quick to piss on someone's parade if they do try to present anything.

Just my 2c.
I refuse to let UFOGAF slip away lol

Coreda

After watching a different talk of his linked from Hacker News I came across Richard Thieme's The Government and UFOs A Historical Analysis talk from DEFCON 21 a while back. Would have to be the most informative explanation I've heard about the subject, which focuses exclusively on the government's response to the internal reports from within the military rather than that of tabloid fiction and such. Pretty interesting.

barit

It's pretty clear that we're not alone out there and evidence are very strong that some of them already visit us on a regular base. And it's pretty obvious why noone would make a first official contact with mankind at this time. Just watch the news every day and you have your answer. But it seems they are still interested in us. Maybe they really wait for us till we've evolved enough to finally invite us to the big party. Would be so awesome seeing that in my lifetime but I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom