• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

Guys, is there any way to set alerts for amazon.de wave 4? Really don't wanna miss it.
I think that a lot of online alerts won't be quick enough...

You can create your own sentinel, though... I have a script that seems to work for Amazon DE, although I should debug it a bit more. I could try to send emails to gaffers that want it when wave 4 pages go online on Amazon DE, but I can't promise that'll be failproof or that I won't sent false alarms, it's still in early beta at best.

(And I hope I won't be blacklisted by Amazon by checking the pages too often... not sure what an acceptable frequency would be)

I think that a lot of online alerts won't be quick enough...

You can create your own sentinel, though... I have a script that seems to work for Amazon DE, although I should debug it a bit more. I could try to send emails to gaffers that want it when wave 4 pages go online on Amazon DE, but I can't promise that'll be failproof or that I won't sent false alarms, it's still in early beta at best.

(And I hope I won't be blacklisted by Amazon by checking the pages too often... not sure what an acceptable frequency would be)

Hey that would be awesome!

Koren

Hey that would be awesome!
That could be totally useless...

I've had my script running as a test this night. Yesterday, all pages for wave 4 on Amazon DE were unavailable (404 error). Between 6:05 and 6:15 AM, all pages for wave 4 on Amazon DE went online, but as far as I can tell, they were directly 'unavailable'. My script never seen a 'buy' button on either of them, so I just received mails for the pages going up online, without buying option.

So:

- either they've put the pages online because they'll add stock soon but haven't yet (best hope... gentlemen, start your engines)

- or every single amiibos of wave 4 sold out in minutes, too quickly for even my script to see one available (strange, since I would have expect that Wario, at least, would stay available for more than 5 minutes, especially this early in the morning if the "1 per customer" is applied)

- or Amazon DE don't even expect to have stock (which would be strange too, but at this time, nothing would surprise me anymore)

Looks like my luck was in last night with Dedede as I can't cancel the order and they have taken payment.

Now if I can get Pacman and Ness in the next wave, then I'll be chuffed.

By the way, I have a spare WFT to swap. Does anyone have a spare Zelda, Sheik, Lucario?

EDIT - Looks like Dedede is in stock right now for Game.

H1PSTER

Looks like my luck was in last night with Dedede as I can't cancel the order and they have taken payment.

Now if I can get Pacman and Ness in the next wave, then I'll be chuffed.

By the way, I have a spare WFT to swap. Does anyone have a spare Zelda, Sheik, Lucario?

EDIT - Looks like Dedede is in stock right now for Game.

My girlfriend has a spare Shiek and Lucario, I'll ask her about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess if I want a Dedede I need to take my credit card to work since they always seem to update during work hours.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
The charge for Meta Knight is now pending in my bank though I'm still skeptical that GAME has enough stock, entire thing seems strange.

kubus

All outstanding Meta Knight, Shulk and Dedede pre-orders at Game Mania (Dutch biggest game retailer) have been cancelled as of this morning. Just received the text message.

For the record: most of their stores didn't even receive 1 of each. I was fourth in line with my pre-order (and I was pretty fast, placed it sometime in December) and they told me they only ever received Sonic and Mega Man. Never got any new stock either.

The amiibo situation in the Netherlands is dire. Very dire.

Joni

All outstanding Meta Knight, Shulk and Dedede pre-orders at Game Mania (Dutch biggest game retailer) have been cancelled as of this morning. Just received the text message.

For the record: most of their stores didn't even receive 1 of each. I was fourth in line with my pre-order (and I was pretty fast, placed it sometime in December) and they told me they only ever received Sonic and Mega Man. Never got any new stock either.

My Meta Knight and Shulk got cancelled too, so now I'm thinking, screw Nintendo.

My girlfriend has a spare Shiek and Lucario, I'll ask her about it.

Cheers man. Lucario would be great as he seems to be double in price now.

I'll order Sheik, Luigi, Bowser and Yoshi this weekend and that completes the entire set (paid at normal price too) apart from Zelda, which I refuse to pay £20 for.

That could be totally useless...

I've had my script running as a test this night. Yesterday, all pages for wave 4 on Amazon DE were unavailable (404 error). Between 6:05 and 6:15 AM, all pages for wave 4 on Amazon DE went online, but as far as I can tell, they were directly 'unavailable'. My script never seen a 'buy' button on either of them, so I just received mails for the pages going up online, without buying option.

So:

- either they've put the pages online because they'll add stock soon but haven't yet (best hope... gentlemen, start your engines)

- or every single amiibos of wave 4 sold out in minutes, too quickly for even my script to see one available (strange, since I would have expect that Wario, at least, would stay available for more than 5 minutes, especially this early in the morning if the "1 per customer" is applied)

- or Amazon DE don't even expect to have stock (which would be strange too, but at this time, nothing would surprise me anymore)

Wow! I see that the pages went online indeed.

Well, I am still pretty confident to get everything "offline", but would be nice to have a pre-order for once. :/

It makes me wonder how many wave 3b Amiibo the Dutch shop Bart Smit received in the end. I was able to secure a Shulk by placing a preorder there 1 day before the release date.

de_reddy

Neo Member
It makes me wonder how many wave 3b Amiibo the Dutch shop Bart Smit received in the end. I was able to secure a Shulk by placing a preorder there 1 day before the release date.

Not that much I guess, if i'm not mistaking Bart Smit only puts them up for order when they already have the stock. So I guess you were just lucky to be online when they received the shipment.

Called a big Belgian toy store (Dreamland) last monday after their pre-orders were sold out in less then a minute. They will receive 40 x ness for the wole country...

Kyonashi

My Shulk order from GAME has shipped \o/

Meta Knight hasn't yet, I ordered that one first as well

My MK hasn't shipped, and I can't even check my order status because I had to order as a guest because I forgot my password and didn't want to waste time in case I missed out...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Went to GAME today and saw Lucario for the first time in the wild. I already have one, but is he supposed to be rare? If so, I can buy and ship for someone.

Jofamo

My Metaknight from GAME that I ordered yesterday shipped this morning, which I'm really happy about.

My King Dedede that I ordered from them at the same time has just been cancelled, due to no stock. This, despite me getting my order in very early yesterday, and it going in and out of stock multiple times since my order was placed. Pretty shitty GAME.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
My Metaknight from GAME that I ordered yesterday shipped this morning, which I'm really happy about.

My King Dedede that I ordered from them at the same time has just been cancelled, due to no stock. This, despite me getting my order in very early yesterday, and it going in and out of stock multiple times since my order was placed. Pretty shitty GAME.
I know how you feel, I ordered Metaknight and Shulk and they've both been cancelled even though I did it as soon as stock appeared and they've gone in and out numerous times after

kubus

Arghh hearing about Bart Smit still fills me with anger :p. I was at the Media markt, looking for amiibo, when I read that Wave 3b was up for grabs on Bart Smit's website. I had MK, Dedede and Shulk in my basket and tried to check out using a display model laptop at the media markt, but I needed the stupid e.dentifier thing for checking out with iDeal. Obviously I didn't have one with me. When I came home, they were all gone.

But yeah only Bart Smit and bol.com got a decent amount of stock of 3b. I think all Bart Smit orders were delivered with no cancellations, and Bol only cancelled a few late orders. The rest of the country got nothing, safe for 3 each for each Media Markt :/.

(Also, my Meta Knight is still "Unshipped"... I totally expect them to cancel anytime now)

Bazry

I ordered Meta Knight within a minute of the first notification from amiibofigures_uk, so I must have been amongst the first to do so, but it hasn't shipped yet. I managed to get a Shulk order in about an hour later, which has been shipped.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Yep, my Dedede has also just been cancelled. Keeping my fingers crossed for the other two. Also checked out as guest so can't see their status.
Did you order them seperatly or together?
Also, there should be a tracking link in the order confirmation email they sent you I think

Bydobob

Did you order them seperatly or together?
Also, there should be a tracking link in the order confirmation email they sent you I think

Separate orders for all three. There's order numbers but they are not links. It seems like it's purely random how they cancel, I ordered Shulk last and was expecting it would be the first item cancelled.

Santiako

Is there any place you can buy Toon Link for £10-15? I want to put it in my desk but don't want to deal with any nonsense :p

Koren

I've received an alert for Charizard being available on Amazon UK twenty minutes ago, I'd be curious to know whether it's a script bug or it was indeed available for short time...

Debugging such a script is a nightmare...

Wow! I see that the pages went online indeed.

Well, I am still pretty confident to get everything "offline", but would be nice to have a pre-order for once. :/
I envy you... I don't have hope myself.

Out of the ~12 shops that were selling Amiibos in december, I've seen only one with wave 3b amiibos (and they broke street date). And of course only Megaman and Sonic... I've found all Amiibos till wave 3b except Rosalina in brick'n mortar stores, I'd be lucky to find anything beside commons now.

That's the reason why I'm trying to set up preorders alerts, especially since I missed most preorders (in fact, it's quite easy to setup alerts with Amazon once we have the products numbers)

Top Bottom