• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Ricky 7

I'm not too worried about Shulk because he'll be getting a new shipment in May.
If I miss that though then I'm effed

You're welcome guys! The situation might be a bit more relaxed this time, no shipping to the US.

Thank you again, I managed to get all three I wanted :)

Lucina and Ness are already going in and out of stock, same with Robin (Daraen).

On a side note, does anybody know if Amazon can combine orders? I decided afterwards to get Charizard too but since the others were out of stock I couldn't create a new order with all four, just one with Charizard. I really don't want to pay 7'50 € for Charizard's shipping alone...

Ness and Lucina unicorns confirmed. Robin probably equally rare. Well, pretty much what people expected. I kept F5'ing that page today for a reason at least. :D

Thank you again, I managed to get all three I wanted :)

Lucina and Ness are already going in and out of stock, same with Robin (Daraen).

On a side note, does anybody know if Amazon can combine orders? I decided afterwards to get Charizard too but since the others were out of stock I couldn't create a new order with all four, just one with Charizard. I really don't want to pay 7'50 € for Charizard's shipping alone...

Might be possible if you contact customer support. But there is the odd chance that you might slip back in the queue. I am not sure how confident amazon.de is on their projected stock. Weren't there cancellations in the last wave? I'd cancel Charizard, should be easy to get in stores normally.

Might be possible if you contact customer support. But there is the odd chance that you might slip back in the queue. I am not sure how confident amazon.de is on their projected stock. Weren't there cancellations in the last wave? I'd cancel Charizard, should be easy to get in stores normally.

That's very sensible. I'll do just that and see if I can get Charizard down the line.

If GAME UK ends up shipping the Shulk amiibo this is going to be an amazing day.

de_reddy

Neo Member
This is beyond stupid. After refreshing all day (and even weeks) I was just making and eating dinner and this happens...

Koren

Amazon.de is live
Crunch crunch crunch (currently eating my keyboard)

One more preorder missed.

WORST PART, MY ALERT SCRIPT ACTUALLY WORKED. But of course, it sent me mails and bipped while I was in the bus...

Ness was available for 15 minutes, Robin and Wario for ~25 minutes.

Can you still live and have a job, and collecting Amiibos?

kubus

Damn, completely missed them. I was having dinner early for once :p.

So so so glad I preordered the entire wave at amazon japan when they went up there. I have a feeling wave 4 will be brutal in Europe.

Koren

lol my amazon.de email notification didn't even trigger. got no email. very useful system.
I'm pretty sure they only trigger if the item is available for several hours, maybe days. It's totally useless for preorders, and that's the reason why I wrote my own script.

But again, even if it worked (except that I receive several mails instead of one), it was totally useless. You need to sit by a computer to have a chance. Sorry, I still need a job to pay for Amiibos...

Dammit.

TheMoon

I have them all preordered at gameware.at but would've greatly preferred amazon :( (especially for the cheaper price and familiarity)

Koren

I have them all preordered at gameware.at but would've greatly preferred amazon :( (especially for the cheaper price and familiarity)
At this point, I don't care for price if it's reasonably close to MSRP... I just don't want to pay scaper prices.

But can you trust Gameware.at preorders? Even Amazon cancel some preorders, so...

TheMoon

At this point, I don't care for price if it's reasonably close to MSRP... I just don't want to pay scaper prices.

But can you trust Gameware.at preorders? Even Amazon cancel some preorders, so...

Never ordered there before. I will find out. My ass will be rolling out of bed at dawn on April 24 anyway to rush to the train station so I can go retail hunting. Better safe than sorry. Especially since I'll have a shipping confirmation (or not) by that point so I know if I'm fucked or not lol.

Spades

B_xBcWkXEAAfV8X.png

EmiPrime

I got billed today for a Little Mac and Captain Falcon order I made forever ago. I won't believe it until they are in my hands.

God darn ... i was out getting something to eat after work an completely missed out the wave on amazon.de ... way to go!

Managed to get Charizard after it was in stock again for a short moment. Thanks for the heads up with buecher.de, pre-ordered Robin/Daraen and Lucina there.

The amiibo-situation reminds me of the (dark?) days, when Collectors Editions and Limited Editions were really limited in supply .... *ugly*

oddington

Banned
My King Dedede order from GAME looks okay so far - I almost ordered Metaknight but it kicked me off the site as I was trying to pay, saying it was out of stock.

Man, really struggling for Metaknight and Shulk much more than I ever did for Captain Falcon or Little Mac... Still haven't been able to find Rosalina, either. :(

I bought a Link amiibo for Hyrule Warriors a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now hooked. I have no intention of collecting them all, but I do have the following:

Link
Mario
Pikachu
Samus
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Fox
Sheik

I plan on getting Kirby and Zelda (I want the 8 starting characters from the original Smash Bros. plus Zelda and Sheik for their usefulness in Hyrule Warriors), but even though they aren't considered "rare", I can't find them anywhere. I could buy them on eBay, but they're £15 or so each, and I'm reluctant to pay more than £10/£11 for them. It's an expensive enough hobby as it is.

I'm regularly checking the following websites:

Tesco Direct
Game
Gamestop
Argos
Toys R' Us
Amazon

I also check Tesco Extra and Toys R' Us when I can, though they always have the same few (Mario, Pikachu, Peach, Link, Donkey Kong, Yoshi).

Do you guys have any suggestions for where I can get my hands on some of the "uncommon" amiibos, rather than the super rare ones?

And my Shulks been canceled. Thanks Game!

I am just getting so burnt out in Amiibos.

These are meant to be just fun little figures you can get a bit extra out of games with, and instead the constant hassle and frustration Nintendo seem to have deliberately caused (based on the fact they seem to be doing the same thing with all their recent releases) with them is just incredibly off putting.

Mob

All 3 of my Game orders were cancelled.
That brings my total to 7 cancelled orders for Shulk (9 including preorders), 5 cancelled for MK (7 with preorders) and 4 cancelled for KD (5 with preorders).

Guess I'm not meant to own these 3.

Min0

All 3 of my Game orders were cancelled.
That brings my total to 7 cancelled orders for Shulk (9 including preorders), 5 cancelled for MK (7 with preorders) and 4 cancelled for KD (5 with preorders).

Guess I'm not meant to own these 3.

I ordered Shulk and DDD from Amazon Japan for 35 euros + forward shipping a couple days ago. They both shipped the day after.

Top Bottom