• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Saw this on Reddit:

Hi,

I don't know the state of this subreddit about infos/rumors, but this is what i got from multiple french forums. This comes from Micromania's employee ( it's like Gamestop ) who got in touch with Nintendo's commercial or something. I hope it doesn't go against rules 10.

For the wave 4 of Amiibo, it will be on April 24. 6000 Charizard 6000 Wario (like sonic & megaman ) and 2000 for the other four (Robin, Lucina, Ness and Pacman or the same amount as Shulk, Dadidou and MK). These numbers are for the retailers (in this case, for Micromania only), not the whole country. There's this picture too

Up to 100 Amiibo are planned for the moment

Replenishment of Little mac, Rosalina, WiiFit train & Villagers to France by the end of the year.

No replenishment for Shulk planned for Xenoblade or even later.

HyYn4kQ.jpg

MicH

Wonderful. I fully expect Amazon UK to cancel my pre-orders of Ness, Lucina and Robin like they did before with Little Mac and Shulk

wrowa

I'll still try to get Lucina and Robin to complete my Fire Emblem collection and I also want to try to get a Ness, but afterwards that will be it. All of the Amiibos I want are always the ones that are super limited and It's just no fun anymore to collect those. I don't want to constantly need to check Amazon because the Amiibos I want will sell out in a couple minutes and I don't want to go to the local stores early in morning either, since that's usually the only time you'll ever possibly see one of the rare ones in the wild. It's just no fun anymore and the more hurdles Nintendo puts in my way, the more I regret what I spend on Amiibos.

Mob

I ordered Shulk and DDD from Amazon Japan for 35 euros + forward shipping a couple days ago. They both shipped the day after.
Yeh, thanks for the suggestion, have considered this already but my collection is all EU, don't really want a couple of random Japanese figures in there.
Although that is better than paying a scalper for EU ones.

Zafir

Yeah, the rest of my Amiibo orders got cancelled. :/

On the plus side, the one that did ship, Shulk, arrived today in perfect condition. Shulk was the one I really wanted so I'm not too disappointed.

Did another round of searching on webshops here.
Unavailable or sold out is all I get.

Dedede Metaknight and Shulk still nowhere to be found.

kubus

My Shulk and Meta Knight from Japan are in customs

;_;

please be okay... please don't get caught... please be okay... please don't get caught...

My Shulk and Meta Knight from Japan are in customs

;_;

please be okay... please don't get caught... please be okay... please don't get caught...

If they are in customs (and marked like that on your tracker page) you're likely going to have to pay VAT.

kubus

Good luck! :)
Thanks! *anxiously refreshes tracker page every 10 minutes*

If they are in customs (and marked like that on your tracker page) you're likely going to have to pay VAT.
Nah, it always goes into customs here. In my experience if it gets released within one or two days, I most likely don't have to pay VAT. If it takes more than 2 days to be released, I expect I'll have to pay up.

I've had it go into and out of customs in a span of 2 hours once :p. Sometimes it takes 4 days and I still don't have to pay anything. It's always a big surprise... That's why it's so nerve wrecking to see that damned status on the tracker page, lol.

Worst part it, I won't know what the outcome is until they're at my door :(

Nah, it always goes into customs here. In my experience if it gets released within one or two days, I most likely don't have to pay VAT. If it takes more than 2 days to be released, I expect I'll have to pay up.

I've had it go into and out of customs in a span of 2 hours once :p. Sometimes it takes 4 days and I still don't have to pay anything. It's always a big surprise... That's why it's so nerve wrecking to see that damned status on the tracker page, lol.

Worst part it, I won't know what the outcome is until they're at my door :(

Is that PostNL handling the package?

Spades

Has there been any word yet on when the Amiibo cards are going to be released? I plan on getting a set of these as they'll be perfect for using on the N3DS when on the move.

I just got an email from buecher.de stating that they cancelled my order for Daraen/Robin and Lucina, as i requested (which i obviously did not).

Anyone else got the same mail? Going for that game.co.uk image, buecher.de, huh?

Koren

Who has all of the Mario Bros. collection pre-ordered? And where?
I do, on Amazon.fr if I remember correctly. Not really sure I really want them, except Toad and Yoshi (to paint in another color), except I'll probably be less reluctant to open them and use them for MP10.

Each of my friends have their favorite character they use for MP (and other Nintendo multiplayer games), I'd like to have one of each in case they visit me...

I think they'll be easier to find than rare ones from Smash, though.

Sucks to see all these cancelled orders.
I hope my wave 4 preorders won't be cancelled :/

(I expect some of them to be, though, since I have FNAC preorders :/ )

I now have 3 preorders at different places for wave 4 and finally completed the magic 29/29 today, woohoo. Time to relax a bit and get drunk tonight I guess. XD
But I feel that Gold Mario is right around the corner so better stay frosty.

Koren

finally completed the magic 29/29 today, woohoo.
Congratulations... Strange to think that finding figures is an achievement, but...

Where did you find Little Mac and Rosalina, out of curiosity (which you were after, if I'm not mistaken)? Trading?

I'm more and more on the verge of paying inflating prices for Shulk and Dedede...

Chopper

I now have 3 preorders at different places for wave 4 and finally completed the magic 29/29 today, woohoo. Time to relax a bit and get drunk tonight I guess. XD
But I feel that Gold Mario is right around the corner so better stay frosty.
How the hell did you bag Wave 4 preorders?

MicH

Yeah, I haven't been able to get any other pre-orders than the ones I have on Amazon UK which was pure luck. Not even in my own country (Denmark) - they all sold out literally the moment they went up which is insane - demand here is(usually) so low! I just pray Amazon UK delivers or I'm fucked

Chopper

I've only managed to bag a Wario and a Charizard from the Nintendo UK store. The others have managed to completely elude me, and I'm actively looking out for them. Nightmare.

I've been extremely lucky with preorders so far, and I think I'm good for all currently-announced waves. It's definitely time that Nintendo considered a new approach to releases and preorders if demand - for whatever reason - is going to remain so high that anyone but the most dedicated/lucky is unable to get hold of figures.

I wondered if something like:

-- Early preorder window for Club Nintendo members (1 amiibo of each character per member limit)...
-- Followed by an open preorder through Nintendo's online stores and partner retailers (again with a 1 amiibo of each character limit)...
-- Then a full release to stores (asking retail to push a limit of figures-per-customer too)

...would be a sensible strategy?

They need to work out something more staged and managed, as the current situation is too chaotic and open to abuse by scalpers, and long-term it has the potential to drive people away from collecting the figures or to sour their customer relationship with Nintendo, something I'm sure the company would want to avoid.

Koren

They need to work out something more staged and managed, as the current situation is too chaotic and open to abuse by scalpers, and long-term it has the potential to drive people away from collecting the figures or to sour their customer relationship with Nintendo, something I'm sure the company would want to avoid.
There's actually an easy fix: set the number of figs produced based on preorder numbers. I'm not sure they would need to produce more, but at least scalpers wouldn't perorder them anymore, because most people wanted one could get one. It's just that they would directly reach hands of interested people.

I don't care if I put a non-refundable preorder on Nintendo website or elsewhere as long as I'm sure I'll get one.

Bazry

I saw the retweet from amiibo_figuresuk before they posted their notification, so I was on it pretty early. Took me a while to checkout as well, but must have been lucky that I got on there early

There's actually an easy fix: set the number of figs produced based on preorder numbers. I'm not sure they would need to produce more, but at least scalpers wouldn't perorder them anymore, because most people wanted one could get one. It's just that they would directly reach hands of interested people.

I don't care if I put a non-refundable preorder on Nintendo website or elsewhere as long as I'm sure I'll get one.

Yeah, using data gathered from the first few waves to set future production runs would make a lot of sense too. I can understand Nintendo being Nintendo and going into this cautiously - new venture, not sure of market response, not keen on being lumbered/lumbering retailers with lots of inventory - but they have months of hard data now, so they should be adjusting their production pipelines with that in mind.

I've only managed to bag a Wario and a Charizard from the Nintendo UK store. The others have managed to completely elude me, and I'm actively looking out for them. Nightmare.

Yeah, i doubt they will be easily available now. The online stores have learned from wave 3 and that is not to keep selling pre-orders for them until they get their stock in from Nintendo.

Wave 3 was a mess in that pre-orders were open for about a whole month or 2. (They started in early November and i remember still being able to order in mid December). They only took in a few pre-orders. If they have more stock left over after taking into account how much to send to stores and to accommodate current pre-orders, then they will be put back up.

i would say in early April pre-orders would be back up, since that should be enough time for stores to check their stock.

Bydobob

I tried but it told me they were back out of stock by the time I checked out.

Keep trying, happened to me the first few tries but managed to get an order to stick eventually. Hopefully their stock-checking system is more reliable than Game's...

Congratulations... Strange to think that finding figures is an achievement, but...

Where did you find Little Mac and Rosalina, out of curiosity (which you were after, if I'm not mistaken)? Trading?

I'm more and more on the verge of paying inflating prices for Shulk and Dedede...

Yeah, it's definitely a weird achievement but I guess that thrill is just one of the factors that makes people collect stuff.

I got in contact to another collector on ebay Kleinanzeigen who was willing to trade his Mac for my Villager and sold me a Rosalina for a pretty fair price (20€).

How the hell did you bag Wave 4 preorders?

I got really lucky with amazon.de. I don't expect the other 2 to come through, I doubt they will receive a lot of stock and I don't know if my order was early enough (Alternate and Computeruniverse). I will probably cancel them in time if amazon comes though.

edit: I see Comtech is also taking preorders now, no idea if they are reliable.

Spades

MK came back into stock on Tesco this morning.

Tried to grab one for an Amiibro on here, but got the same message as yesterday:

Sorry, we don't have enough Meta Knight amiibo Smash Character items in stock right now. This item (s) has been added to your save for later basket. You can try to purchase this item again by reducing its quantity.

Worth keeping an eye on it.

Top Bottom