• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Bazry

My Meta Knight turned up this morning from Tesco, whilst i'm very happy to have one, i'm not at all happy with them

CzaZ4RQ.jpg

FBzAYor.jpg

As you can see, the tiny box they used to send it in wasn't even big enough to fit the Amiibo packaging inside, they just bent the top part back and sealed it up :/

I shall be sending them a packaging complaint, but its not like they'll be able to replace it

Ashler

Princess Peach and Mario from the Mario Party series are now being processed by Game UK. with all the others dispatched already, I've got the entire Mario Party series being sent via Game.

Happy!

Joni

Think I'm going to sell of all of mine except maybe Pikachu and Kirby. Hope to recoup the cost I spent on all of them.

Bazry

I've had a voice mail left on my phone from Tesco apologising and offering £5 back on my card as compensation as they can't replace the item

Robin64

Figured I'd pop my head in to see if getting new amiibo was still fucking ridiculous or not.

It's still fucking ridiculous.

My local stores never even had anything on the shelves beyond wave 1. :|

My Meta Knight turned up this morning from Tesco, whilst i'm very happy to have one, i'm not at all happy with them

As you can see, the tiny box they used to send it in wasn't even big enough to fit the Amiibo packaging inside, they just bent the top part back and sealed it up :/

I shall be sending them a packaging complaint, but its not like they'll be able to replace it

Ouch :/ Damn that sucks :(

Yeah definitely file a complaint with them over it!

Edit: Just saw the response:
I've had a voice mail left on my phone from Tesco apologising and offering £5 back on my card as compensation as they can't replace the item

Glad they reimbursed you slightly for it at least.

Bazry

Ouch :/ Damn that sucks :(

Yeah definitely file a complaint with them over it!

Edit: Just saw the response:

Glad they reimbursed you slightly for it at least.

Cheers, i've got an email off them as well saying pretty much the same and that its been passed onto their warehouse management that these Amiibo toys need to be packaged better.

I sound really lame moaning that i've got a bent piece of cardboard when i've now only paid £5.50 for it and people are having no luck finding one :(

Anyone else get a Pac-Man cancellation from Nintendo UK? I was able to get in but they are already saying that can't meet demand. Jesus fucking Christ what a mess. I just don't understand why they're not making more knowing full well they are selling out. I'm having so much more fun collecting and playing Disney Infinity with my daughter.

I still have a pre-order with Game of which if that gets cancelled, then for the 2nd time I'm gonna give up and sell the lot.

This isn't fun anymore.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Just sold my first three waves. $725AU. Wish I had sold them earlier. Could have got more. I've ordered Pacman though from Wave 4.

mcmmaster

Anyone else get a Pac-Man cancellation from Nintendo UK? I was able to get in but they are already saying that can't meet demand. Jesus fucking Christ what a mess. I just don't understand why they're not making more knowing full well they are selling out. I'm having so much more fun collecting and playing Disney Infinity with my daughter.

I still have a pre-order with Game of which if that gets cancelled, then for the 2nd time I'm gonna give up and sell the lot.

This isn't fun anymore.

Yup same here, just got the email with the £5 voucher. From now on any new Amiibo that get announced that I dig, i'm preordering instantly.

This isn't fun anymore.

Yeah I had a cancellation too... At least Nintendo gave us a £5 voucher - better than nothing I suppose

Cappa

Banned
I can probably acquire a few meta Knights if anyone is interested. Would love to trade for something I don't have if possible as well.

I am in spain FYI.

Zafir

This isn't fun anymore.

Yeah same. Pretty ridiculous.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I thought I'd stop at Meta Knight and the Charizard I've got preordered, but nooooooooope! Got a Captain Falcon on the way.

help

MicH

I thought I'd stop at Meta Knight and the Charizard I've got preordered, but nooooooooope! Got a Captain Falcon on the way.

help
That's how it started for me but with Villager and Marth :lol Then I had to get Pikachu and Kirby. And I definitely needed Samus! It's an addiction

Got my Nintendo Shop order, or one of them anyway, I am still waiting on a seperate order which contained Luigi and Yoshi.

My Toad's paint job on one of his eyes is a bit off so I might hold off on opening him, see if I can get it anywhere else, then refund this one I have now.

Honestly this is stupid. I have money just ready to be spent. What's the point? What's the point of them even spending money on advertising? It's very frustrating.

Bydobob

Sorry for double post but figured it's worth a bump.

Robin and Captain Falcon are available on Nintendo UK.

What a coincidence. I bit the bullet on a Cap Falcon from fleabay yesterday and now I see this! I'm not sure whether I'm annoyed or relieved. Annoyed I missed out on one at retail price but relieved that I've still got one coming my way. This all goes to show though that partial restocks of all figures are inevitable and it's worth playing the waiting game. Lesson learned.

Kyonashi

No problem :) Glad he's arrived!

Also... lemme fix those images for ya!

Hope the house move went smoothly!

Thanks! We have no internet yet so I was posting from mobile and it doesn't display properly...

All pretty good here, just gotta get some electronics set up and buy some more furniture, but pretty smooth overall.

Thanks! We have no internet yet so I was posting from mobile and it doesn't display properly...

All pretty good here, just gotta get some electronics set up and buy some more furniture, but pretty smooth overall.

No problem, I though it might have been that :p

Good to hear :)

On another note - I'm beginning to find it difficult to resist the urge to get the Mario Party line of Amiibos.. I mustn't :'(

Spades

No sign of my Mario Bros collection from GAME, but ShopTo did come through with my Mario Party bundle:

dvxrtII.jpg

CgzTCS3.jpg

Great packaging.

Spades

Oh, wow. I didn't expect them to include the Amiibo in its own package too. That's really nifty.

Yeah, I only got it as I managed to pick up the bundle for £30. I have Mario coming as part of my Mario Bros collection order from GAME, so I'll keep this one in the bundle box.

MicH

Scandinavia-GAF:

Elgiganten has wave 4 and the SMB series up for pre-order on their website. Includes Ness, Robin and Lucina so act FAST!

They also have the MM3D LE XL if anyone still needs these.

They only ship within Scandinavia, sorry Eurofriends :( Managed to get a backup of the three elusive wave 4s, so hopefully they'll come through for me when Amazon UK inevitably cancels my pre-order :p

Yeah, I only got it as I managed to pick up the bundle for £30. I have Mario coming as part of my Mario Bros collection order from GAME, so I'll keep this one in the bundle box.

If I'd realised Mario was shipped inside a proper Amiibo box, I'd have nabbed the Mario Party bundle as I'm after the game for the family and (essentially) £20 for the game is a great price.

Koren

Oh, wow. I didn't expect them to include the Amiibo in its own package too. That's really nifty.
That was the same for Smash Bros. Actually, I was a little disappointed with Smash packaging, it's really a cardbox around a normal game and an Amiibo, and it wasn't cheaper.

At least, I got Mario Party 10 + Amiibo for a 35€ IIRC, which makes the game quite cheap.

Top Bottom